• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 is planned for reveal this year,

YukiOnna

Nice. They've been talking about FFVIIR-2 in the background here and there so they must have gotten far along enough to get ready to reveal it this year. I'm guessing with FF16 launching this year, FFVIIR-2 will launch next year or early 2024.

Fun times from SE.

Reactions: Isa

Javthusiast

Banned
Tifa now in control of italian senate will result in more sales. Let's fucking go baby!

200.gif

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
How long was it between Remake being first teased and announced, and actually releasing? I swear I remember it being before 2010. Or am I dreaming that?
FFVII Remake was announced at E3 2015. That's about 6 and a half years between announcement and the release of Part 1. At the rate of which they're working, the entire dev staff would die of old age before they reach Disc 3's contents.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Have they officially announced how many parts there will be? I find it hard to get interested in a game that spans 3 or 4 games that will drop every few years over a decade.

Elios83

Can't wait to see how they're going to handle the open world map.
All the hints given in the interviews plus the ending of the Yuffie's DLC point to the next game being at least semi open world.

leo-j

They should announce the following:

SONY *’SQUARE ENOX * EDIOS

FF VII 2
KH 4
FF XVI
TOMB RAIDER
DQ 11 MMORPG
FF XVII MMORPG

all coming to PLAYSTATION SPARTACUS AND PC!

Sony acquires square enix in a block b…. Etc and set hype for FF VII. I mean they kinda announced. FFIX FF X And FF XI all at once.

Star-Lord

FFVII Remake was announced at E3 2015. That's about 6 and a half years between announcement and the release of Part 1. At the rate of which they're working, the entire dev staff would die of old age before they reach Disc 3's contents.
I swear there was a trailer many years ago at a conference or something. I’m losing my mind.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Sony doesn't do E3 anymore, no?
So I doubt it would be at E3 if Sony aren't at E3.

The "do" E3, just not technical E3. Like I expect this announcement to come out 2 weeks before official E3 starts. It's how Sony rolls now (for some stupid reason).

I swear there was a trailer many years ago at a conference or something. I’m losing my mind.
You may be confused because Square made tech demos for PS3 with Final Fantasy VII characters that had are not directly related to the Final Fantasy VII remake they finally announced.

YukiOnna

They should announce the following:

SONY *’SQUARE ENOX * EDIOS

FF VII 2
KH 4
FF XVI
TOMB RAIDER
DQ 11 MMORPG
FF XVII MMORPG

all coming to PLAYSTATION SPARTACUS AND PC!

Sony acquires square enix in a block b…. Etc and set hype for FF VII. I mean they kinda announced. FFIX FF X And FF XI all at once.
To be fair, they already have tentpole titles every year at this point and don't need an acqusition for it:

2022: FF16
2023: FF7R-2(?)/FFXIV Expansion/DQ X Expansion
2024: DQXII(?)
2025: FFXIV Expansion/DQ X Expansion

Then there's 2 known KH games in development, FF7-R looks to be every 3 years, and whatever other projects they have in between.

Top Bottom