• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade - PS5 4K HDR Gameplay (Quality Mode)

OrionNebula

How the fuck do I upgrade my PS4 version to the PS5 version
(digital deluxe EX turbo ultra edition)
I didn’t find anything on the terrible PS store.
Same thing for the DLC .
where do I find it?
Same here. I keep getting error messages and not seeing a real d/l option (only full priced game)

Wasn’t there a pre-load that was supposed to be dropping on the 8th?

AlexxKidd

Ugh… so messy. Thanks for letting me know. I’ll stop wasting my time

Yes, it's the dumbest shit because it also means you can't pre-order Intergrade. Square losing impulse sales left and right by now allowing people OG Remake owners to pre-order this game and forcing them to wait to release day to pay.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I already sold my PS4 version a long time ago and I don't plan on paying full price again just for the PS5 version, so I'll be waiting for it to come to PC and get discounted to around $40 or so, but I'm definitely excited to be able to play this at 60 FPS.

Native 4K is a joy to look at. I replayed the game 3 times at 30 fps and it's just fine. I'll take the resolution upgrade.

Sorry, some eyes are sensible to resolution just as others are to fps.
Depending on the distance, this can be factually incorrect. Plus, there's such a thing as diminishing returns. On the fps side, once pointed out to most people, there's an immediately noticeable difference between 30 and 60 (same thing applies here though in terms of 60fps vs 120/144/high refreshes).

You can have poor eyesight and still see the 30 to 60 jump that as readily apparent. Whether you appreciate that more than a comparatively small resolution bump (maybe not in absolute numbers but in perceived sharpness) is another question entirely.

Whitecrow

Banned
Depending on the distance, this can be factually incorrect. Plus, there's such a thing as diminishing returns. On the fps side, once pointed out to most people, there's an immediately noticeable difference between 30 and 60 (same thing applies here though in terms of 60fps vs 120/144/high refreshes).

You can have poor eyesight and still see the 30 to 60 jump that as readily apparent. Whether you appreciate that more than a comparatively small resolution bump (maybe not in absolute numbers but in perceived sharpness) is another question entirely.
Well you're right.

But just for putting you in context, I even perceive more sharpness in PC Mode at 444 chroma than Console mode at 422... (which is not really sharpness technically, but it looks better)

I sit 2 meters away from a 55' C9, so that's why.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m still not entirely sure how to get the free upgrade.

I have PS4 disk version should I just insert it to PS5 and it will upgrade automatically? After it does can I delete PS4 version afterwards?

FUBARx89

So.

Intermission is up for download if you have a code. 9.90gb. I haven't tried it yet as I have my kid with me.

60fps seems to be nice and stable, it's very fluid. I did notice a drop when you kill the first boss.

They've added a warning for grab attacks.

Everyone wanting to preload the free upgrade. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

jeffyjaixx

So.

Intermission is up for download if you have a code. 9.90gb. I haven't tried it yet as I have my kid with me.

60fps seems to be nice and stable, it's very fluid. I did notice a drop when you kill the first boss.

They've added a warning for grab attacks.

Everyone wanting to preload the free upgrade. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Where do you get a code?

I've been trying to look for the Yuffie DLC on the PS Store with no luck.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I’m still not entirely sure how to get the free upgrade.

I have PS4 disk version should I just insert it to PS5 and it will upgrade automatically? After it does can I delete PS4 version afterwards?
I think it will download automatically if you pop the disc in tomorrow. If not there will be a selection on your FF7 game icon to grab it starting tomorrow. You don't need to keep the PS4 version if you have the PS5 one. No need to eat up all that extra HD space saving the PS4 version.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Danjin44 Danjin44 I should also add that if you want to transfer your existing saves to the PS5 version you need to make sure you open the ps4 version and upload the saves once from the main menu before deleting the ps4 version. You can do that now in the ps4 version if you haven't done it yet.

This game messes with me. I get triggered by the ojisans who made all the decisions for designing that game trying to get me hard with tifa's cleavage. If i wanted a Japanese grandpa to rub one out of me I'd take the train and sit next to the one with a 1L can of
Keirin.

Better cleavage graphics won't help me here.

Does a Japanese grandpa come with the physical edition?

😲

[Sigma]

Taking my Final Fantasy PS4 copy, upgrading and syncing the trophies to get another Platinum. I've played the base game more than enough. Not going through the entire game again for the fast loading and the fact that they fixed stuff they could have addressed on PS4. I'll just buy and play the Yuffie dlc.

Danjin44

Danjin44 Danjin44 I should also add that if you want to transfer your existing saves to the PS5 version you need to make sure you open the ps4 version and upload the saves once from the main menu before deleting the ps4 version. You can do that now in the ps4 version if you haven't done it yet.
Thanks, but I don’t think I’m gonna bother transferring my saves, I’m gonna replay the game fresh.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Had a lot of fun with the first part of FF7 Remake PS4 via PS5 the combat felt right mixed with Clouds heroics.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I checked this morning and there was a PS5 update for the console and the DualSense. I thought to myself, “no way, could they have had to update the console for the Intergrade upgrade”. Haha, nope. Still nothing in the store, no mention of purchasing the DLC early, and no option to upgrade your base game yet. They really are waiting till the 10th. I at least thought they’d let us spend $19.99 USD on that DLC by now.

The 60fps version is much more interesting!
How the fuck do I upgrade my PS4 version to the PS5 version
(digital deluxe EX turbo ultra edition)
I didn’t find anything on the terrible PS store.
Same thing for the DLC .
where do I find it?
You need to wait for the 10th.

and somewhere in the menu is an option to transfer your saves for some reason.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm so bummed even more about how they changed FF7 in light of what they are doing here. It looks so good. And I have no desire to play it again. Gah!
… then take it as it’s meant to be taken, it’s a SEQUEL to the original FF7, it’s meant to be played that way, that makes it way easier to accept the changes (esspecially given we get flashbacks of the original game inside remake)

Dr Bass

… then take it as it’s meant to be taken, it’s a SEQUEL to the original FF7, it’s meant to be played that way, that makes it way easier to accept the changes (esspecially given we get flashbacks of the original game inside remake)
I've heard that explanation and I think it's lousy. It's making an excuse for poor storytelling really, and it's not how it was marketed or sold. A "sequel" that is exactly the same for the regular things, but different in the most important areas? Not buying it. And as a result I won't be buying part 2. :messenger_beaming:

Anyway not trying to derail the thread, so I will back out on this one now.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I've heard that explanation and I think it's lousy. It's making an excuse for poor storytelling really, and it's not how it was marketed or sold. A "sequel" that is exactly the same for the regular things, but different in the most important areas? Not buying it. And as a result I won't be buying part 2. :messenger_beaming:

Anyway not trying to derail the thread, so I will back out on this one now.

Agree to disagree and thats fine, its not like I like all the changes either, but I do like that its something new. I hope one day we get a "remastered" version of the original with quality custom re-made backgrounds, soundtrack, character models and FMV, that stays true to the tone and look. I think it would be a great way to close off the final chapter of FF7, once remake is all done, do a final modern "polish" on the original to release (full price of course) so one can experience the whole series from start to finish in quality (and no, Ever Crisis isnt that)

Danjin44

it's not how it was marketed or sold.
They pull same thing with Drakengard 3, that game was being advertise as prequel to original Drakengard but half way through the game it became entirely different beast. I personally like that, I like being surprised like this.

SLB1904

Banned
in glad i skip the ps4 version
it takes 2, returnal, resident evil 8, ffvii, ratchet
tenor.gif

Sean*O

I'll leave this here in case others are having the same issue. I just paid $20 bucks for the upgrade content and nothing downloaded except a bunch of extra junk like the mini soundtrack, art book, and a bunch of materia add ons. Most of that stuff i already had in hard copy since I bought the ultra deluxe or whatever the hell it was called edition back when the game launched in April of 2020.

I don't see anything active in my downloads, and when I launch the game it's the same old 30FPS shit, no options appearing for performance mode or extra content. The only thing I can see is the option to buy the full game in the PS store for $70 and it says "Pre Order" yet it says the release date is today 6/9/2021. Is there some sort of late afternoon release or what? I had been checking every few days and the option to buy the $20 add on content only appeared today so I figured everything would be fine after Sony confirmed my purchase, but it's doing jack shit to install the content and I can't see anything I can do to trigger the download.

EDIT: Reading some posts now I see people saying SE is waiting until the 10th. Why the hell didn't they say that then instead of advertising 6/9/21 as the release date? It's showing that date right now on the PS store when you go the the FFVII Intergrade order screen.

Last edited:
Got 45 mins in before bed tonight, looks great and so much more fluid at 60. Really good HDR implementation for my LG OLED too, blacks are nice and sparks etc pop due to the contrast.

It’s no Rift Apart, but a very solid upgrade nonetheless.

AGRacing

Gold Member
I'm sorry. I didn't know that. My bad.
Many promotional youtube videos of games do not include HDR in the video... this is a great capture because it does. You get a much better impression of what it can really look like on the right TV. Thanks.

Danjin44

This might be very stupid question to ask, when you put disk version FFVIIR on PS5 for upgrade, do you put Play disk or Data disk?

Top Bottom