• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Definitive Edition Coming To PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X

Alphagear

Not surprised it's coming to PC considering it was comfirmed as a timed PS exclusive.

But definitive edition?

Did I miss a DLC?

borborygmus

I'm interested in seeing if modders can fix the dumpster fire Nomuraisms, e.g. making Midgar less sunny than Costa Del Sol and removing the Kingdom Hearts bullshit. Roche can go back to being a pharmaceutical company.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Looks like Sony friends have the honor of paying twice for a game. I'll play at 4k/600 with properly loading textures when it hits game pass ;)

That's great dude, I really care 10x more about the honor to play it a year earlier. I could never handling waiting that long for a game like this.

caffeware

Banned
Definite edition for part one or definite edition overall?

There were some rumors some time ago that part2 will be the last part.
iKHjy2h.gif

Hudo

Well, I can wait. Let's hope that part 2 isn't a stupid timed exclusive as well. Sony needs to invest money into their own studios and projects instead of third-party exclusive shit.

Rickyiez

So will they finally fix the door in this edition ? Final Fantasy 7 Remake Definitive Door Edition Part 1 ?

And are we expecting this to be out in 2022 ? How about Part 2 ? Completed FF7R experience when , PS6 ?

SE is in fuckin shambles TBH

Glad that I waited. Rather have the bug free, perfect and complete edition. Don’t timed exclusive games at all. The backlog is huge anyway.
I will do the same with FFXVI.

GenericUser

Imagine the nerve of Square if they actually called this a complete edition? 😂😂
They had the nerve to call it final fantasy 7 remake in the first place. Even though the game features like 10% of the content from the original.

Bittermich said:
Glad that I waited. Rather have the bug free, perfect and complete edition. Don’t timed exclusive games at all. The backlog is huge anyway.
I will do the same with FFXVI.

Not really worth it imo. Remake is a mediocre game. Might as well just play it and move on.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Yo, OP, next time put the full title of the article in the thread title when it's clearly relevant. The very end of the article title includes a "- Rumor", and the article cites its source as 4chan by the bottom.

I mean, this is almost definitely gonna happen but as is this topic's as clickbaity as the article.

-Arcadia-

Banned
All I know is I want the Full Fat 4K Experience, and am getting tired of this game being trapped on PS4 Pro (or for me, PS4 base). It’s absolutely gorgeous. I played a bunch before getting distracted with other things. It can just be even more so. Especially if those slow-loading textures get the expected bump.

I really want to hear some next-gen details soon, and I’m surprised it’s taking so long. I guess they don’t want to announce the PS5 version by itself, and will wait until the PS exclusivity expires.

Data Ghost

Firstly, it didn't suck at all its actually very good.

Secondly, I'm not convinced we will ever see it completed and available as a complete game.

fermcr

No way in hell will I pay full price for a year old game. Get it when it's dirt cheap...
If Square want full price money, go ask Sony for it.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

they should "definitively" cut the last 30-45 minutes of ffvii remake

thats where i would go with that, jus sayin 🤷‍♂️

Hudo

Many thanks my friend it means a lot.

I just don't get the constant need on gaming threads in general to make everything an argument, I love gaming in general and will continue to enjoy any great experience regardless of what system or publisher it is from.
Hear, hear.

Dibils2k

while this was one of my fav games of the generation... i think it is far too soon to replay/repurchase! clearly targeting non PS owners

it does make me believe PS4 version owners wont be getting free upgrade

Anyone that thinks FFVII Remake isnt coming to other platforms is in severe denial.

It probably will even wind up on Switch via the cloud like other recent titles.
The reveal trailer literally said "available first on PlayStation." Not exclusively, but FIRST. Are people just intentionally ignoring that part?

The article mentions an upgrade path for PS4 owners, I assume this wouldn't be free, but considering this apparently contains new story content, minigames, etc, that seems fair to me to pay a little bit more, but not the full price.

This is of course if we assume this rumour is actually true. I'm sure there will be a next gen version, but that doesn't mean this 4chan rumour specifically is correct.

Last edited:
Top Bottom