• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth: Players Won’t Visit Locations in Exact Order as Original; Shift to PS5 Made Development Much Smoother

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
final-fantasy-7-rebirth-screen-1536x864.jpg

Speaking to Japanese gaming site Dengeki Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Executive Producer Yoshinori Kitase, Producer Mariko Sato, and Creatuve Director Tetsuya Nomura talked a bit about the game’s development, and even some gameplay-related details too.

Kitase: I can’t reveal the specific scope of the story, but there are no major events from the original version that are missing from the entire story.

However, in “FFVII REBIRTH” you will not necessarily visit the locations that appeared in the original version in the exact same order.

Nomura: It’s just that the order in which you visit the locations has changed, but don’t worry, it doesn’t mean that some locations have been lost entirely.

The fact that FF7 Rebirth is coming only to PS5 was a good thing for the dev team, as Kitase notes that shifting development to the PS5 environment made developing Rebirth easier.

Kitase: The fact that we produced “FFVII REMAKE INTERGRADE” after “FFVII REMAKE” also had an impact.

Thanks to the shift to the PS5 environment there, development of “FFVII REBIRTH” went smoothly

Kitase: As I mentioned in my developer message, the development speed is truly astonishing for a title of this scale.

After “FFVII REMAKE” was created, we spent about a year developing the PC version and “FFVII REMAKE INTERGRADE,” and then started work on “FFVII REBIRTH,” so the actual development period was less than three years.

Does that mean no instant giant snake boss fight at the beginning of the game?

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Or will that be the game's 'start with a bang' moment?

Top Bottom