• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 16 Sony Exclusive Rumor 👀

Sony is coming in swinging next gen. No matter how many people will be pissed off, ain't no stoping this train.

V1AsSAe.gif

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
FF15 would have to of bombed on bone for this to happen. Never looked into the sales of that game. Obviously it would be skewed towards PlayStation as that's where most people associate it but Enix has supported Xbox more than ever recently, especially with GP.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Its kind of like Rare or Bioware, im not sure they have the skill to make a self contained original great game that lives up to their previous legacy.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

-Arcadia-

Banned
This would be so nostalgic.

I can't argue with putting games on multiple platforms and letting the customers decide, but FF feels like it belongs with Playstation a little bit.

If true, Sony is not taking their PS4 success for granted, and is doing everything possible to recreate it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want to say “there is no way” but I remember thinking in the past that there is no way mainline Final Fantasy comes to Xbox and here we are.

PlayVerso

It seems that Sony has decided to recover some exclusives as they were in the past, although now they are only temporary.
Phil Spencer, it seems that you are going to have to wait a little to be able to sell your consoles in Japan.

Couldn't be different. They've already paid to make Scorn, Crossfire X, The Ascent, The Medium, Warhammer Dark Tide, and Stalker timed exclusives to Series X. At this point its anything goes.

But something like FF16 is just huge. And Silent Hill as well since it was rumored for years and some are dying for it to come back.

It's like if Sony announced GTA6 as a timed exclusive.

It's why I have serious doubts over this.

mortal

Gold Member
After FF VII Remake being a timed exclusive, it's not really that big of a deal tbh.

Also, Microsoft announced plenty of timed exclusives at their July showcase.

StormCell

Probably just timed like FFVII Remake.

Not even Sony would be scumbag enough to have a FF game 100% exclusive.

Ehhhh, it was exclusive to Sony for PS1 and PS2.

Of course, the last quality FF IMO was FFX, so... they can do whatever they want with the series. Frankly, Bravely is where it's at, now.

fermcr

Phil Spencer needs to wake up! If Microsoft wants a chance against Sony... they need to go this route. AAA 3rd party exclusives (or timed) like Sony is doing. A few exclusive 3rd party AA/indies isn't going to cut it.

Like all investments, you need to spend money to make money. Sony knows that.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
The series hasn't been particularly good for a long ass time.

It's been less than mediocre for longer than it was actually good. And I used to be a massive fan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom