• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 12 - second attempt and loving it

D.Final

Banned
I followed your advice and got myself the game. Been playing for roughly 10 hours
Continue to finish Final Fantasy XV

Because the ending is easily the best of the entire franchise, for me.

The best part of the entire plot start from the chapter 9 to chapter 14.
(it became more linear, but this is where the big and EPIC part of the plot start)

For the gameplay part, you should try the tutorial of the game first.
(then, after the chapter 13/14 you can also unlock the Ring of Lucis magics and the Arminger Unleashed, the ultimate technique with Noctis)

And continue to improve the ascension grid, because with that you can also play with Gladio, Prompto and Ignis.
And each of them has different gameplay.

The best part of every Final Fantasy game, from my point of view, is the always different plot's.
And I say this as a longtime Final Fantasy fan.
Every time when you start a jrpg (and in particular way a Final Fantasy game) one of the most important things that you should follow is the plot.

So, my advice is playing it, and reaching the ending credits.

Last edited:

MarlboroRed

Continue to finish Final Fantasy XV

Because the ending is easily the best of the entire franchise, for me.

The best part of the entire plot start from the chapter 9 to chapter 14.
(it became more linear, but this is where the big and EPIC part of the plot start)
Alright, I'll keep going. I watched the Kingsglaive movie, which was pretty good. Better than I expected honestly. And the squad is growing on me. Feels a bit cringe that they go from "I can't believe they took the crystal, the city and killed pops" to "uhh look, chocobos! lemme take a picture!".
I suppose thats where you feel the troubled development of the game. Like, you feel that they couldn't make up their mind for quite a while what kind of game they wanted to make. Since you praise it as the best FF since FFIX, it really needs to get a grip on its narrative and decide on what kind of story it wants to tell to make up for that, at least in my opinion.

And continue to improve the ascension grid, because with that you can also play with Gladio, Prompto and Ignis.
And each of them has different gameplay.
Oh, so that's how you unlock them. I was wondering about that actually, nice! Thank you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom