• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Backward Compatibility update for Xbox One

Mista

Banned
Xbox-BackCompat_E3-Wave-OG_1920x1080_Final.jpg

Original Xbox:

Xbox-BackCompat_E3-Wave-360_1920x1080_Final.jpg

Xbox 360:

Xbox-BackCompat_E3-Wave-Enhanced_1920x1080_Final.jpg

X1X Enhanced:

We’ve listened closely to community feedback and respect the game libraries you’ve built throughout the last 18 years. That’s why we’re taking our work a step further and announced this week that thousands of games from all four generations will be playable on Project Scarlett. As such, we have now shifted our focus to help make the games you love playing on Xbox One compatible with future Xbox hardware. After this week, we have no plans to add additional Original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the catalog on Xbox One, but we’re excited to continue our work on Xbox compatibility across platforms and devices, which remains a top priority.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Cool last batch, even if it was pretty hard to control, I am so happy for kameo, it was beautiful.
Pocket fighters finally ( but it’s the end of my darkstalkers collection dream)
Too human is a good surprise.
Edit : asura’s wrath !!!

It’s sad it’s over but if everything works day one on Scarlett, I am happy.
Good work from the guys.
Thank you!

Last edited:

intbal

I suspect there will soon be a run on used original Xbox consoles. Prices will shoot up.
There are still a lot of games that you can't play anywhere else.

T-Cake

I've got a funny feeling they've stopped doing it on Xbox One because they're now working on a solution which means every single Xbox game ever created will play on Scarlett. They could have engineered the APU with this in mind.

They keep saying "thousands" of games will be playable on Scarlett yet there are only tens of XBox originals and hundreds of Xbox 360.

Last edited:

splattered

They announced they're working on making all generations playable on scarlett. What we didnt get from the program this gen may automatically be included next consoles moving forward.

I wouldn't be surprised they drop surprise BC batches at events and stuff through holiday 2020.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

Shame its ending. They could go on for awhile. I wish they could just flip a switch and let any disc game work. I'm sure the emulator is up to snuff now.

urmie

Free DLC for the OG XBox games too?! Wow!

Additionally, we are releasing Original Xbox downloadable content packs free of charge today to current and future owners of the following games, available automatically via content updates on Xbox One:

Game TitleNew Details and Content
Armed and DangerousNew Mission: Summer Home
Star Wars BattlefrontNew Map: Jabba
Star Wars Battlefront IIExpansion Pack (4 new maps, 1 new hero: Kit Fisto and 1 new villain: Asajj Ventress)

New mode: Kashyyyk Assault
Star Wars: Knights of the Old RepublicEquipment store: Yavin Station
Star Wars Republic CommandoMultiplayer Map: Hangar
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell3 Mission Packs: Kola Cell, Vselka Infiltration, and Vselka Submarine
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow2 Map Packs (split-screen multi-player maps): Federal Bank and River Mall
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory2 Mission Packs (split-screen co-op missions): Nuclear Plant and UN Headquarters

2 Map Packs (split-screen multi-player maps): Polar Base and Steel Squat

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06...x-backward-compatibility/#h8Oqur1UwgyJc4E0.99

T-Cake

Some games that are missing might need extra grunt from the CPU to work. Scarlett could provide that with the Zen 2 CPU.

Fox Mulder

Great work, but I'll still need a 360 around for stuff like Outrun or NCAA Football. Some original Xbox games BC on the 360 didn't make it to the xb1 either.

Hope BC stays an important thing for them and everything works going forward rather than selective stuff.

Last edited:

Xenon

mrw-the-first-day-of-the-semester-is-cancelled-due-to-f-windchill-79598.gif

Toooooooo mooooooottttttthhhhhheeeeerrttrrr ffffffffffffuuuuuuuyccccckkkkkkkkkiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggg Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Hell Yeah!

Hey enchanted Arms is nice light strategy RPG. People should check it out

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member
"we look forward to our next chapter with Project Scarlett."

Could mean more to come next-gen or could mean they are simply moving on to focus on next-gen...

Xenon

I thought I read that project Scarlett's going to have 100% backward compatibility with all the old games

ExpandKong

Banned
Even if that's true, it doesn't mean every game is gonna run on acceptable level.

Have there been problems with any of the games they’ve done for XBOne? I haven’t really kept up but it seems like they’ve been taking BC fairly seriously.

Klayzer

I'm thankful for Microsoft introducing bc this gen. Ninja Gaiden 2 being the absolute pinnacle for me. Not enough credit is given to Microsoft for eating that cost for its fanbase. Props

ethomaz

Banned
What that means exactly?

No BC titles will be added to Xbox One’s family or just Xbox One? Why Xbox One (or family) is left behind even before the gen ends?

intbal

Have there been problems with any of the games they’ve done for XBOne? I haven’t really kept up but it seems like they’ve been taking BC fairly seriously.

Perfect Dark Zero ran worse on both Xbox One and Xbox One S than it did on 360. They never issued a fix for that. I don't feel like downloading it again to see if they changed anything, but I strongly suspect it's only the X version that got any additions.

Top Bottom