• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Film director Hideo Kojima to Talk ‘Death Stranding’ at Tribeca Film Festival

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/new...randing-tribeca-film-festival-1203166722/amp/

Game designer Hideo Kojima is talking about his latest project, the action title “Death Stranding,” at the Tribeca Film Festival next month, the event’s organizers announced on Tuesday.

Kojima is joined by “The Walking Dead” star Norman Reedus, who appears in the game. The pair will discuss pushing the boundaries of the video game medium and how their relationship has evolved while working on the project together. The Game Awards executive producer Geoff Keighley is moderating the talk. It takes place on Thursday, Apr. 25 at 6 p.m. ET at the BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center.

Kojima’s love of film is well-known, and he told Variety in a June interview he tends to watch one or more movies a day. With “Death Stranding,” he said he wants to balance authorship with entertainment. “Sometimes I see very artistic movies, independent films, but I do want to a go to a midpoint so that people who enjoy indie films and Marvel films can both enjoy this game,” he said.

Last edited:
But will he be available for a hug? That's the real question, OP.

kttcoliohhh

lol.

He is too incompetent making films or games, but the gaming public is dumber, because of that that he still has a job.

He will never trive at movie industry.

Ozrimandias

No solid gameplay after its announcement, 3 years ago. No release i think this 2019.
So problably its going to be released at least 2020 aiming for next gen...... So we can say that this has been a very long advertisement campaing, on the contrary, you have Bethesda, release a game month after the reveal, like FO76 and FO4

I know, right? He can very well be a film director judging from the way he directs a cutscene in his games. What a fantastic developer to have representing the gaming industry in other forms of media and art :messenger_heart:

I totally agree with you, MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima . Btw, I've realized something interesting about Kojima; apparently, the guy is married and has a kid. He wrote a special thank you to them in the first MGS VR special edition booklet. I find it quite fascinating that he's married but shows no sign of it. For a guy who's very public in the eyes of gamers and journalists, his privacy when it comes to his marriage is quite......scary.

I totally agree with you, MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima . Btw, I've realized something interesting about Kojima; apparently, the guy is married and has a kid. He wrote a special thank you to them in the first MGS VR special edition booklet. I find it quite fascinating that he's married but shows no sign of it. For a guy who's very public in the eyes of gamers and journalists, his privacy when it comes to his marriage is quite......scary.

Kojima's married? For real?
kttcoliohhh
Damn, imagine being Kojima's son and not even knowing what your dad's been cooking up with his next project. So, are you still gonna hug Kojima or just gonna keep a distance and bow?

kttcoliohhh
Damn, imagine being Kojima's son and not even knowing what your dad's been cooking up with his next project. So, are you still gonna hug Kojima or just gonna keep a distance and bow?

Still haven't decided yet. I might go for it but i'll still think about it for now. The meeting is happening in less than two weeks from now, specifically March 30th.

Dacon

Banned

Are you ok

Over the last two hundred years a sort of consciousness formed layer by layer in the crucible of the White House, it's not unlike the way life began in the oceans four billion years ago.

Bakkus

Is anyone really surprised? The only thing he ever talks about on Twitter are movies and music (mostly 80s synth pop)

A.Romero

kttcoliohhh

I thought about this before too.

If I remember correctly his kid was a teen when the PSP came out. I remember reading somewhere that he didn't care about his father's games except for the ones releasing for PSP...

In any case, I'm pretty sure Kojima is an absent father.

shoegaze

It's one of the upcoming games I'm waiting the most. I love Kojima games and I hope he crashes and burns with this title and like a phoenix reawakens and takes Japanese film industry to a golden age. It's a long time coming.

Top Bottom