• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 22-28 | 2 Fast 2 Fuerte: Tokido Drift

Rhapsody

Banned
I'd play, but I only have Ultra on PS3. Been actually playing some more lately for some reason.

I'm not good at SF4, but I really wonder what half the things people are doing on netplay. Not sure if serious or if they're just doing things that work online only. Both my wins and losses, I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of it, and the connection doesn't help :/

kirblar

Lesson learned- I do not have the muscles/reactions for stick, even casually. :(

I think I want to try the PS3 Hori pads since they have the Ps1 style inputs.

kirblar

I thought you just had lag.
Nah, at the end I was random selecting characters I didn't know, but I was trying the stick instead of the pad and running into a lot of issues.

Didn't leave cause of that, left cause I'm starving and going to grab food.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nah, at the end I was random selecting characters I didn't know, but I was trying the stick instead of the pad and running into a lot of issues.

Didn't leave cause of that, left cause I'm starving and going to grab food.
Sounds like you need a one page move sheet

went to the cleveland tourney today. Went 2-2 in sf4, an el fuerte was in grand finals. WTF is the world coming too. Guy got by, by doing random full screen q-bombs and other random shit. Wouldve beaten him if I had a bit more experience. Also fuck yun's stupid balance changes

Dlent

I'd play, but I only have Ultra on PS3. Been actually playing some more lately for some reason.

I'm not good at SF4, but I really wonder what half the things people are doing on netplay. Not sure if serious or if they're just doing things that work online only. Both my wins and losses, I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of it, and the connection doesn't help :/

As someone who didn't get into SF4 until after playing games with even decent netcode, this remains my biggest problem with the series. Wonky hitboxes or weird glitches are both secondary problems to the one that for all intents and purposes makes the game an effort in futility.

MechaX

went to the cleveland tourney today. Went 2-2 in sf4, an el fuerte was in grand finals. WTF is the world coming too. Guy got by, by doing random full screen q-bombs and other random shit. Wouldve beaten him if I had a bit more experience. Also fuck yun's stupid balance changes

Turn 9 ruining your FG skills

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I didn't realize Vulva and Turtle were up for a challenge! GG, waking up early tomorrow and just noticed it. We'll play eventually though, I know I won't beat Vulva though....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody can join if they want. I'm just chilling.

I don't know why Beef is losing to Mes. It'll be like Chris G losing to Smedgie boy.

when are we incorporating this into fgw threads

Z4L1r0.gif

Soon.... soon...

Thores

Hey guys, just wanted to show off some of GAFer Pehesse's work on her indie VN fighting game mashup and I thought you might like how cool it's gotten lately!

LastingPowerlessAnnashummingbird.gif

I really love the way it looks, really good art style!

Wow, I love the way this looks. Very interested in seeing how it plays down the line.

Pehesse

i like the style but man that seems like a lotta superfluous animation for a fg. like the recovery from the dash for instance.

Thanks! That's because it's actually a lot closer to beat'em all mechanics wise than 1vs1 fighting games, especially since it's a SP only game, so balance and timing are completely different, and I'm going for a character movement/feel that's a bit different as well. And besides, there's some animation cancelling as well, it's just not something I showcase in priority :-D

Wow, I love the way this looks. Very interested in seeing how it plays down the line.

Thanks a lot :-D It's still a long ways off (at least not before mid 2015 and even then, we'll see) but if you want to keep up with development and updates, you can check it out here: http://pehesse.fr/honey/ or any of the devlogs linked from there!

Top Bottom