• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 11-17 | Sticks and Stones Break Zangief's Bones

mbpm1

just like sakurai himself, the games are actually eternal vampires that drain the life force of unsuspecting victims to sustain their life

of course this is better than being a pig sty or a rotting corpse in a garbage dump like every other game

goddamn

El Sloth

Banned
It's OK, we're all fraudulent as anything in this game.

Man, I'm still cringing at that one Eltnum mirror I lost due to getting hit by a 180-frame overhead.
It's still frustrating to be messing up simple blockstrings ;_;

btw, I'd appreciate any advice or critique you, Rhapsody, or anyone else that I played has about my play and what I should work on/change.

Dahbomb

The game is only really "dead" when it's not an event at tournaments. I find it funny people are calling marvel a dead game. It has less entrants but it's still more entrants than most other games featured at a tournament and gets more viewers too. Even if it becomes as niche as it can get, I bet there would be people willing to play it still, just like how there is still a scene for a bunch of anime games and VF.
Nah man let the people who want it to die celebrate, they have only waited 5 years for it.

Marvel is still my jam
Marvel is my fucking shit son. I will never not get hyped at Justin mauling people in this game especially scummy Zero players.

ShinMaruku

FGW| Platinum among the Trinity of great character designs

CEhnwCiUkAAd7Fa.jpg:large

Yeah people say platinum is annoying, but nope it's this clone.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's still frustrating to be messing up simple blockstrings ;_;

btw, I'd appreciate any advice or critique you, Rhapsody, or anyone else that I played has about my play and what I should work on/change.

I'd say try to find out how to get Fallen Pin into 214 oki orb off of every confirm you can. It's very important as Hilda. Whenever you activate into Veil Off, do 214C then do meaty 236 special. She has some scary mixups during this. Since you're in Veil Off, you get the 20 percent damage bonus. Go for another super if you want to try and opening them up again.

I guess work on pressuring a bit better. Sometimes after you run out of buttons to use, you sometimes try to get out your next button too soon after recovering. Try to react instead to what the opponent will do to get in by walking back and then press the button. I would always either jump forward with Seth or chain shift into super to go through and start pressure because of it.

smurfx

get some go again
umvc3 is dead because a lot of the high level play is extremely boring. zero, vergil and doom tac infinites are very boring to watch.

MrDoctor

Looked for players in the UNIEL thread and was told to come here. Add MysteriousMrX if you want more people.

If Japan can hold tournaments for nonsense like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYR_BwxtKnI
...then, I think we should be able to eliminate the word "dead" from our vocabulary.

Check the upload date. That was just a few weeks ago.

Play games.

That was incredible. Japan understands what it means to have fun.

Top Bottom