• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 17-23 | Nintendoes what Capcan't

pixelish

Topanga League aside, this is definitely the best AE tournament of 2013 so far. I'll definitely make my way to SEA Major next year.

Jarate

Banned
Hey guys, I thought of the greatest fighting game of all time

A fighting game featuring all of the presidents of the United States called Presidential Beatdown

Who wouldnt want to play that game

Shito

Only seen the AE top16 for SEAM today, but wow what a top16!
I was already a believer of "AE is gonna be the main hype factor of this year's EVO", but I'm now more than ever -- especially with the longer sets.

vulva

pay archives :(

but this set might justify the cost alone....gamerbee has run it all the way back and took the lead O_O
Hmm how much does the archive cost?
Also any notable matches from Tommy against some rough matches? Especially rufus or akuma?

some really good KBR content this morning.

First to 7 with Drew Grimey, you can see how well he does against Dark Anchors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Lratq4XFw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Also he is doing an AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/1gvk2c/i_am_kane_blueriver_ama/

I like how he explains why drones are bad for his team:
Drones are terrible IN THIS TEAM. Don't be fooled by the online "success" it has. At high level, vs. this team, super jump beats EVERYTHING you can do. Drones work because you're either already zoning (Chris, for example) or because you have another fast threat that protects Sent by being offensive (Mag/Wesker/Viper), so you make the other player have to worry about 2 fronts. Drones in my team are super linear, any actually good player will get out of it in the better case, and in the worst, they WILL blow up my Sent. It's a liability.

I'm not calling them scrubby. I do, however, think it makes most people that play the shell scrubby, but because Drones become a crutch for them, so they're unwilling to explore options and hurry to claim that it's "impossible" to play the team effectively. I also think it's suboptimal for Hulk because, I don't think his zoning tools are really for zoning, the only time it makes someone want to go to you is when you tag an assist with Wave infinite. But as I said, I feel neither of the chars can "protect" Sent appropiately. If you're too far, then it's pointless, and if you're too close, they'll have an answer because their pressure is kinda "slow".

Malice215

Only seen the AE top16 for SEAM today, but wow what a top16!
I was already a believer of "AE is gonna be the main hype factor of this year's EVO", but I'm now more than ever -- especially with the longer sets.

AE this year should be a lot more hype than it was last year. Having to win that extra game makes a huge difference.

Top Bottom