• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 17-23 | Nintendoes what Capcan't

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iUMef5zCoFfui.png

Week of June 17th to the 23, 2013.

Fighting Games Weekly is the weekly discussion thread for all things fighting games. News, events, streams, videos, players, drama, everything fighting game related.

Don't know what to watch right now? Check the FGCPros Twitch Group or Jaxel's Stream Viewer. If you want to watch multiple streams at once, you can use Jaxel's customizable multiviewer as well.

New to FGC-GAF is the FGC-GAF Index which lists the fighting games GAFers plays as a neat reference with some rough statistics to boot. To add yourself to the index, quote this post and use the survey link below. Please remember to save/bookmark the "Edit your response" link so you can edit your responses if/when you buy a game already on the list or a new game that releases in the future.

Last week's thread.​

iGnnbm3W4ppJk.png

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Trailer [ PS3 ] [ NA: TBA 2013 | JP: Oct 25 ]
  • Aksys and Arc System Works debut a new trailer for the newest entry into the BlazBlue fighting game franchise.
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters Announced [ Thread ] [ PSN ] [ NA: Sept 5 | JP: Sept 5 | EU: Sept 9 ]
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle Trailer [ Thread ] [ PS3 ]
  • Namco has released a long trailer showing the customize mode as well highlighting a bunch of new characters to the game.
Killer Instinct Announced [ Thread ] [ X1 ] [ TBD 2013 ]
  • Additionally, a Jago Combos Trailer was put out.
  • Announced at the MS Press conference, Double Helix and Rare collaborate on a new digital-only title in the series, simply titled "Killer Instinct," that will be available as both a full title or in a F2P variation.
  • Former Namco employee and prominent Tekken community member FilthieRich has announced he is working on the title as well.
  • Shadow Jago will be available as an exclusive DLC character for Xbox One Day One pre-orders until February 1st, 2014. More details are available here.
Mad Catz announces Tournament Edition 2 Fight Stick Announced [ X1 ] [ TBD ]
  • First shown on stage at the MS Press conference, MadCatz promises they will share more about the stick over the course of the rest of E3.
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U Reveal [ Thread ] [ 3DS/Wii U ] [ TBD 2014]
Tekken Revolution Announced [ OT ] [ Thread ] [ PSN ] [ June 11 ]
  • Namco takes the Tekken franchise into new territory with a F2P model, characters that can level up and super-esque moves, exclusive to the PS3.

i21eNNLQhmgu.png

South East Asia Major 2013 [ Friday ] [ 7PM SFT | 7AM EDT | 4AM PDT ]
  • A secondary stream will be run by Zhi.
  • South East Asia Major brings together many of the fighting game communities from different territories in the region, alongside many high profile Western entrants.
  • This event continues through Sunday.
  • This event is a Road to EVO 2013 qualifier.
  • Location, rules, schedule and more information is available here.
Final Strike [ Friday ] [ 12:30 EDT (Saturday) | 9:30 PDT ]
Midwest Championships 20th Anniversary [ Saturday ] [ 11AM CDT | 12PM EDT | 9AM PDT ]
Bar Battles V [ Saturday ] [ 5PM EDT | 2PM PDT ]

ibpy4DqFeoXEW4.png

UltraChenTV: First Attack & Lv3 Focus [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
Ultimate Fight Night [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • Bi-weekly featuring around 5 exhibition matches in AE, with a main event usually featuring top players.

ibecfEgd0VLJO7.png

Kachitagari TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Bon-chan, Kazunoko and Fuudo's new show, focusing primarily on SSFIV AE ranked matches but is branching off into other games as well.
Iron Fist League [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • TS Sabin a.k.a. Arturo Sanchez and Anakin host an online TTT2 league featuring hand-picked participants. It is in a round robin format and prizes include entry and venue fee coverage for the upcoming Final Round. [ON HIATUS]
NYC VF [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • NYC VF crew presents VF5:FS tournaments casuals out of The Next Level arcade in Brooklyn.
The Break Weekly [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • New Jersey's largest weekly featuring UMvC3 and Injustice.
WakeUp SRK Live [ 9:30PM EDT | 6:30 PDT ]
  • Keits and skisonic host the weekly official podcast of Shoryuken.com. [ON HIATUS]
The On Blast Show [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • JamessMK & DarKNaTaS host a raw and uncut weekly talk show discussing events in the FGC with various FGC personalities.
UltraChenTV: The Tuesday Show [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
When's Marvel Weekly [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • FChamp and the FGTV Live crew host weekly Marvel sessions and hijinks. [ON HIATUS]
Cross Counter LIVE [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]
  • Cross Counter LIVE returns with the help of VxG. Cross Counter LIVE is a weekly talk show hosted by Gootecks and Mike Ross, who discuss hot button topics in the fighting game community.
The Show That Sucks [ 1AM EDT (following day) | 10PM PDT ]
  • iPlaywinner hosts a weekly talk show featuring alpha stream monsters Harrison and Honzo Gonzo.

iPyLZQFf7lWbd.png

Game Spot Versus KoF Casuals (JP) [ 7PM JST | 6AM EDT | 3AM PDT ]
  • KoF 1998UM, KoF 2002UM and KoF XIII C action from Japan.
TOPANGA TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Description needed.
Next Level Battle Circuit [ 8PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • NYC's biggest weekly at The Next Level Arcade in Brooklyn featuring SSFIV AE, UMvC3 and TTT2. If the Teamsp00ky link is not working, it is likely on the backup stream on Bifuteki's channel.
Melee It On Me [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • A bi-weekly Smash podcast discussing recent events, news and issues in the Smash community, hosted by Scar, Prog, Cactuar and Sheridan.
Wednesday Night Fights [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]

iVzRxuKRiBFVb.png

Valley Stream Monsters Thursday Night Casuals [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Kombat Network presents a weekly offering stream monsters a chance to get on the streams themselves.
Stream Monster Online Tournament [ 8:30 EDT | 5:30 PDT ]
  • Weekly 16-player UMvC3 online tournament run by FGTV and sponsored by eightarc.
FNC The Arena [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • UMvC3 weekly out of Long Island, New York, which sometimes features other games.
Salty Cupcakes [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
The Fray [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • A weekly FGC talk show hosted by iPlaywinner, featuring a varying, ensemble cast of prominent members of the fighting game community.
ATP LIVE! [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Aris' new weekly show, discussing whatever he wants to! The format resembles old ATP podcasts.
The Runback Season 4 [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]

iboMhZ3uYuJ9BO.png

KaoTV! (JP) [ 11PM JST | 10AM EDT | 7AM PDT ]
Fraud-Free Fridays [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • Weekly tournament run at the FGTV house. Don't forget about the second FGTV stream as well which compliments the main one. [ON HIATUS]

iPFL8tsIxU1un.png

None at the moment.​

ibnaQzvIvdHU3z.png

GGPO VanBats [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • Weekly GGPO Vampire Savior ranbats streamed by GAFer Rotanibor.

iHQzZ24kcsQiA.png

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too:
Additionally, if you want to really get involved, you may want to check out the various OTs for specific games:
GAF isn't the only FG community in town though. Here are a whole bunch of other FG communities across the internet that may be of interest:
  • 8WayRun - Soul Calibur franchise community
  • DOACentral - Dead or Alive franchise community
  • Dream Cancel - King of Fighters franchise community and resource, more US-centric
  • Dustloop - Forums/community for Arc System Works-developed games
  • Eventhubs - Frequently updated news blog, resource and forums for all things fighting games
  • FreeStepDodge - Dead or Alive franchise community
  • Homing Cancel - Arcana Heart community
  • iPlaywinner - Large fighting game news site and resource, and the home to Teamsp00ky and iPlaywinner
  • Jet Upper - UK-centric news source and community
  • Mayonaka Midnight - Persona 4 Arena community and resource
  • Melty Bread - Melty Blood community
  • Mizuumi - A resource for various "poverty" games
  • Orochinagi - King of Fighters franchise community and resource, more EU-centric
  • Reddit Fighters - Reddit's own fighting game community subreddit
  • Shoryuken - Mainly 2D, Capcom game centric hub, and probably one of, if not the largest FG community on the internet
  • Skullheart - fan Skullgirls community and resource made official
  • TekkenZaibatsu - Tekken franchise community
  • Test Your Might - Mortal Kombat and Injustice community and resource
  • UKFGC - UK-centric news source and community
  • Smash Boards - The largest Smash Bros. Community™
  • VFDC - Virtua Fighter franchise community site

- - -

If you have any suggestions for the OP, please do not hesitate to post in this thread or PM me to let me know.

My suggestion was good too, right? :-/

At least it wasn't a goddamn Kanye West reference.

This one is good.

kick51

Banned
The 90s will go down in history as that sweet spot in history where you could put a blonde pony tail on a robot.

DR2K

Banned
EDIT: should have scrolled down.

Megaman makes it into Smash, but can't do it in MVC, amazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered came in clutch. I had like 20 seconds to do the thread title edit from the one I initially posted with but I got it in.

Yeezus prays for you Karst. The Lord is merciful though, and will allow everyone to still eat.

SolarPowered came in clutch. I had like 20 seconds to do the thread title edit from the one I initially posted with but I got it in.

Yeezus prays for you Karst. The Lord is merciful though, and will allow everyone to still eat.
I don't even know what Yeezus means, and don't tell me. It's probably another piece of pop culture crap that I'm better off not knowing about, like Friday.

omg fulgore and zero are both cyborgs with pony tails lol what the hell

I'm only realizing this now.
Kick's post made me realize it. He is half-redeemed for his opinion on Dark Phoenix.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it means Kanye's son. I don't know. I swear everyone started using it when Kim turned into a milf.
The Almighty had a daughter, not a son.

yay more bad hip hop love on gaf. Kanye, Kendrick, next thing you dudes will be all on Snow's tip.
Yeezus prays for you too. Holy Water can only do so much when the Devil has you calling the biggest selling hip-hop artist last year as Pitchfork rap though. But Yeezus, He who does not discriminate, prays for all the stuck in the 90s ninjas out there too.

The Almighty had a daughter, not a son.

Yeezus prays for you too. Holy Water can only do so much when the Devil has you calling the biggest selling hip-hop artist last year as Pitchfork rap though. But Yeezus, He who does not discriminate, prays for all the stuck in the 90s ninjas out there too.

Enzo pls

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Friday is one of my favourites of all time. I wish Chris Rock would get off of his ass and start working on the newest one though, because Cube and them won't be waiting around forever.

Friday is awesome and shouldn't be lumped in with Kanye.
That song has ruined all of the following for me:
"It's Friday!"
"I'm so excited!"
The word "Friday".

Edit: LOL, people think I'm talking about the movie "Friday" (which was boring). I meant that annoying song.

Friday is one of my favourites of all time. I wish Chris Rock would get off of his ass and start working on the newest one though, because Cube and them won't be waiting around forever.

Chris Rock? Wha? And there is a song called Friday? I didn't even know.

Save me .yeezus

Enzo, you are a good guy, but between Iron Man, Kanye West, and being an XBot, you make me sad.

I remember when I thought Killer Instinct 1 had good graphics.
For an SNES game, don't you think it does? I'm still impressed by it.

It's Chris Tucker and Chris Tucker is the WOOOOOOOOOORST
Chris Tucker is the worst, are you kidding? Have you not heard of Martin Lawrence? Now that is terrible. Chris Tucker is passable in comparison.

What if they merged the Friday and Rush Hour universes ? And Chris rock showed up. Chris rock from lethal weapon.

It would be like mvc4.

Riposte

I was really confused what this thread title could mean. "Nintendo's patching SSB...?" Then I realized it is just Megaman.

Fulgore - 90s robot built by americans

Zero - 90s robot built by the japanese
If only Sentinel had a blonde pony tail.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";64178166]It's not like Killer Instinct has interesting original characters. The whole game is a piece of shit, always has been.[/QUOTE]
That's rare's MO. They've always had shitty characters. The gameplay and graphics were usually great, though.

Top Bottom