• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 27 - Feb 2 | The Power of Gamers

soakrates

I originally ordered physical from amiami, but if I could switch to digital now I would (just for convenience).

Last time I looked, price is a wash after you factor in shipping for physical and psn card markup for digital. Solaris Japan has the best price for pan cards.

Netcode is good (ds, shouta and others have far more experience with it)

The online pass for the game is account locked and redeemed on the jp store so you'll need a jp pan account either way you purchase.
I see. Thanks. I guess I'll just have to figure out how to do all of this without mistakenly breaking some law.

G-Gundam was the only series I've watched, what suits from there are in the game?

Dragon, Spiegel, God, Master

yea im still gonna wait maybe a month before I pick it up. Just to see what the reaction is to it/who still plays it

If it's anything like when EXVS came out, we had a good contingent of GAF for playing for a year regularly every other day or so. What will be interesting to see is if the scene gets much bigger after So Cal Regionals.

donkey show, Beckx:

Would it be a good idea to get Full Boost from the JP PSN store? Also, what's the general feeling on the game's netcode?

It's much easier for me being in the UK to grab it through the JP PSN store. As for the netcode, as long as everyone has good connections, it's great.

Beckx

I see. Thanks. I guess I'll just have to figure out how to do all of this without mistakenly breaking some law.

Buying from JP PSN is easy though. kassatsu's guide on GAF is what I followed. Feel free to ping me here or on twitter if you need any help.

EG picking up ChrisG would be a good move. With him, Rog, and Justin they'd have the country's 3 best overall players.

Also, any other team picking up ChrisG would be a good move.

Shouta

Oh geez...so I went back and read some of the feedback after Saturday's stream, of course, people were saying the craziest stuff since noone knew wtf was actually happening

long story short, i was pretty much a victim of the stop and frisk program in NYC (where minorities get stopped on the street, questioned, frisked because of my ecig, which they thought was drugs of some sort. basically, i got frisked and people trying to probe me for drugs, except i actually didn't have any.

reason why i was able to even tweet pretty quickly (an hour or so after it happened about me being fine) after everyone wondered wtf happened to me is because all charges were dropped pretty much immediately since there wasn't a case to begin with, got to see a judge to have everything taken care of and everything was expunged, no bail, no arrest, no charges. nothing. it's like nothing ever happened..except they pulled me while i was broadcasting on twitch,

but, i'm sure minorities can relate to this, anyone who lives in a big city knows how overaggressive they can be.

Thanks for all the #freeart stuff, but if I was actually hit with something serious, I wouldn't even be here posting haha.

at any rate, my stuff is still at next level, gonna go pick it up tomorrow. stream maybe? Just glad it was over with quickly. Probably going to have to wean off ecigs at this rate if NYC is this crazy on it. (It's not banned outdoors, only indoors, and in April)

Time to move to Seattle. Some time down the road, every drug under the sun is gonna be legal here, lol.

donkey show, Beckx:

Would it be a good idea to get Full Boost from the JP PSN store? Also, what's the general feeling on the game's netcode?

It has the best netcode of any game I've played personally. The low end is far better than other games (even shitty red bar connections can be playable though they aren't perfect) and the top end is pretty much like sitting next to the person.

xCobalt

JFR7JNl.jpg

Format for the SF esports thingy. Looks pretty interesting. Mike Ross looks like a different person in his portrait.

Beckx

Ah I used that guide quite some time ago, I thought maybe it was one specifically showing how to make purchases on the store not necessarily just creating a Japanese account.

After the account, everything is easy. It's set up very similar to the US store. knowing a bit of katakana can help you but it's not terribly difficult. Right now the Premium G version of the game is front and center on the store.

Silky

Banned
The Chainsaw Incident reminds me of Splatterhouse/Darkstalkers.

I like more people going after the fighting game development in American/western companies since the success of skullgirls. Let's see how creative people can get with a bit of work!

And I'm sorry this design is fucking amazing.

Sol Leatherface 2gud

TheChits

The Chainsaw Incident reminds me of Splatterhouse/Darkstalkers.

I like more people going after the fighting game development in American/western companies since the success of skullgirls. Let's see how creative people can get with a bit of work!

And I'm sorry this design is fucking amazing.
Sol Leatherface 2gud

Yeah watching the trailer, all I could think of was Splatterhouse. Not a bad thing

.la1n

After the account, everything is easy. It's set up very similar to the US store. knowing a bit of katakana can help you but it's not terribly difficult. Right now the Premium G version of the game is front and center on the store.

Okay that is good to know, interested in checking the game out and figured digital might be the easiest way to go.

Seyavesh

it's an interesting development but i really am skeptical of 'em because fighting games are a really iffy subject in terms of designing it 'right'- stuff has gotta 'feel' right to folks and ultimately i really get that feeling that folks miss out on that when making their 'fighting game'.

i don't mean the actual design, but simple stuff like movement speed, hitstop, hitstun, pushback all being defined properly.

i'd use mugen as an example here: badly made characters feel absolutely terrible. on the other hand, well-made characters feel really great. just on a fundamental level you somewhat can tell the difference between a bad and good by character who feels good and who doesn't.

this blog post goes into it and i recommend all 3 posts of the blog as a read:

http://finalatomicfilibuster.tumblr.com/post/64306917399/words-about-fighting-games

Silky

Banned
There was this fighting game that was on Kickstarter, inspired by the NGP fighting games. Had Kick from Divekick in it as a boss, looked really cool. Wht was it called?

N4Us

There was this fighting game that was on Kickstarter, inspired by the NGP fighting games. Had Kick from Divekick in it as a boss, looked really cool. Wht was it called?

Pocket Rumble, didn't make Kickstarter goal though

Seyavesh

Pocket Rumble, didn't make Kickstarter goal though

haha, wasn't that the game whose 'art' was literally just neogeo pocket game sprites of characters hacked together?

also, remember gilden tide ya'll? haha woooo

also also, animation studio means they've got the manpower (possibly) to work through the sheer grunt work of art/animation and whatnot that probably consists of a lot of the work in fg development at the very minimum. but it speaks nothing for the meat of the game, which is ultimately the important part.

Top Bottom