• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
]https://twitter.com/GOOD_NEMO/status/455480516863475712

you mean to tell me that good_nemo in the chat was actually nemo?! damn, blown up too. japanese need to learn that vergil is the answer, he even has anime on his side, too stronk

Dahbomb

]https://twitter.com/GOOD_NEMO/status/455480516863475712
LMAO! That's what you get for not snapping him in!

This is so weird considering Dark Vergil was invented in Japan first. USA was still on Wesker's dick when Japan was using Vergil instead of Wesker.

Dahbomb

Nemo doing a Rog. Your characters aren't good enough, time to switch.
No, Nemo just underestimated Vergil and more specifically Rog's Vergil. This is not an issue of character strength. He pulled a Vegeta on PRRog and it didn't work.

All Nemo has to do snap in Vergil early and figure out how the ShadyK mix up works (as he got hit by it over 10 times).

LMAO! That's what you get for not snapping him in!

This is so weird considering Dark Vergil was invented in Japan first. USA was still on Wesker's dick when Japan was using Vergil instead of Wesker.

I was certain Nemo held off on snapping Vergil in till the end to mind fuck PR Rog but at 14-15, I wondered if he was trying to pull a Fanatiq I.E. sandbag so people would challenge him for money matches.

Dahbomb

I was certain Nemo held off on snapping Vergil in till the end to mind fuck PR Rog but at 14-15, I wondered if he was trying to pull a Fanatiq I.E. sandbag so people would challenge him for money matches.
I honestly think it was a combination of:

*Since it was an Exhibition and not a MM, Nemo wanted to see PRRog's Dark Vergil at his most dangerous. Better to learn the match up that way, by just going in balls deep.. you get to see the mix ups and set ups.

*He probably underestimated both Dark Vergil and PRRog's play with the character.

Nemo made a lot of basic errors. I did not feel like he was always playing seriously. Especially when he didn't end his happy birthday combo with a hyper and just let it all go. Raw tags at obviously bad times, etc. I didn't know it was just an exhibition. Now those make more sense.

Honda top 8

ibcRT11MPOHtfW.gif

Dahbomb

"WHEN I PUT MY HANDS ON MY OPPONENT YOU KNOW ITS REAL"
Whenever I hear this it makes me think of the Earthshaker stream chat meme:

"When earth quakes, my hand automatically goes to dick. I feel as if I have sex with the earth. And then all is calm."

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Whenever I hear this it makes me think of the Earthshaker stream chat meme:

"When earth quakes, my hand automatically goes to dick. I feel as if I have sex with the earth. And then all is calm."

Dahbomb confirmed cancer in stream chat.

E HONDA! YOU MAKE ME BELIEVE!

Duxxy3

I'm so glad that Ultra will be out before Evo. If they had kept AE 2012 for another year I don't know if there would be a non-japanese player in the top 8.

Top Bottom