• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

ICKE

Banned
Daigo is really collecting money at the moment. I sort of wished Sako had won, because he has a family and more mouths to feed.

There's always the Capcom Cup though!

Anyone got a good videomaking guide?

i recorded like 10 seconds of a street fighter match to make a simple like 5 second video, and ended up with a 480 meg file, for a 10 meg gif...

there's gotta be an optimization guide

Anyone got a good videomaking guide?

i recorded like 10 seconds of a street fighter match to make a simple like 5 second video, and ended up with a 480 meg file, for a 10 meg gif...

there's gotta be an optimization guide
Check your encoding settings for video. h.264 or vp9 will give you good enough results. For GIF, make sure you select difference instead of replace.

Also idk what resolution you're exporting at, a 720p gif is going to be huge no matter how you try to cut it down.

alstein

My good stick just busted for good right now.

Won't connect to my USB port but 2 times out of 10. Got a bad stick I can use so I'm ok. Gonna need a PS4+PC stick when SF5 comes out.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Am I the only one saving up money to get a fightstick? I'm really loving the Ken one but I wanna hold out and see if any sicker designs come out... Markman, can you drop a few words of wisdom? Should I hold out and wait for another color or just go in and get either the Ken White or Ryu Blue PS4 stick?

iPKYNwdB2tjS8.gif

FGW | DaiGOKU, OMAE GA NAMBA WAN DA

DBZ one doesn't work this time. It was perfect for the last title. Topanga Drift or something MK would be good.

Tripon

Am I the only one saving up money to get a fightstick? I'm really loving the Ken one but I wanna hold out and see if any sicker designs come out... Markman, can you drop a few words of wisdom? Should I hold out and wait for another color or just go in and get either the Ken White or Ryu Blue PS4 stick?

Want decent reviews on a PS4 fightstick first. I might go back to pad to start off with.

alstein

Want decent reviews on a PS4 fightstick first. I might go back to pad to start off with.

I'm waiting for a PS4 stick with response time similar to the Qanba.

I can feel the lag difference between my old Qanba and the $50 Tekken stick I got in the Black Friday sale with SC5/T6. It's pretty significant.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Ah man, the patience is real. Gonna have to wait for a better stick then cause I wanna drop controllers (I destroy a bunch of PS3 one's) and just take out pieces out of a fightstick when needed, saving me more money in the long run and not having to drop 40-50 bucks on a controller that'll eventually break when continuously playing fg's.

Skilletor

I'm set for the generation. Two TE2s and a VLX. Only other stick I'd want is a fightingedge.

BadWolf

Why not wait for SF5 sticks/pads?

I'm waiting for a PS4 stick with response time similar to the Qanba.

I can feel the lag difference between my old Qanba and the $50 Tekken stick I got in the Black Friday sale with SC5/T6. It's pretty significant.

If you're talking about the first gen Q4's with unreliable PCBs you'll have to wait for a bloody long time or figure out a way to get a PS360+ to talk bluetooth.

alstein

Why not wait for SF5 sticks/pads?

Because the Mad Catz SF4 ones weren't the best overall? Decent, but not as good as other sticks/pads.

Not saying they're trash, but Qanba had the best response time and dual-mod, and Hori FC3 was best pad of last gen. Mad Catz stuff was good but not as good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Every single day the Xbox sound glitch happened. They should've played on PC.

Putting a certain person on blast made me realize how much work Enzo puts into these threads. Not enough credit is given so let me personally say thank you for all the work you've done for FGW.

Lemstar

Can someone start a new thread for this ( I can't because I'm a junior). Best Buy is offering a VERY good deal on GCU with MKX and I'd hate for GAFers who don't have it (or want to jump to 4 years at a really cheap price) and also want MKX to miss out.

If you buy MKX at best buy this week and a gamer's club subscription you get a free $15 giftcard( so you are basically getting a two year gamer's club subscription for half off, pretty much the price it was at with the incredible cellphone deal in October if you missed it). If you buy the season pass with the game (w/ or w/o GCU purchase) you also save $5 off the original $30 value(basically you get a character pack for free I guess) You also get $10 back and $13 off the game if you preorder and I guess you can add that $5 Goro character you save on from buying at bestbuy too. That's around $50 in savings guys. Pretty good deal just thought I'd pass it along.

Also Watchdogs PS4 is $20 too (about $13 I think with gamer's club). Also 30% trade in bonus (40% w/GCU) remains this week too. This is new thread worthy. Help me spread the word please. Thanks.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...rtal-kombat-x-offers-5-off-select-3ds-titles/

Since I work Sunday morning I actually had to go and pretend I was taking a #2 so I could watch the final match(Daigo vs Xian) on my phone lol. It was worth it, the set may have ended 5-2 but it was much much closer than that. Xian made several crucial mistakes during that set including a really bone headed mistake. I think after he dizzied Daigo and landed focus attack, he ended up jumping forward or backwards. Definitely had to have been a messed up input. He basically lost 14k in that set because he went from possibly finishing first to finishing 3rd.

I'm happy Daigo won but man, nobody was safe from the blow ups in this tournament, nobody. Every single person lost at least one set 2-5. Some guys had a better gameplan against certain others, some guys had characters that countered others, and some guys just happens to be other guys demon. It's impossible for anyone person to dominate nowadays with all this in mind. We were foolish to think Momochi was invincible a short while back because he loses to every gaijin he faces nowadays. And Daigo has two straight big money tournament wins, but I can't just forget how bad Momochi and Sako beat him just the other day. It really keeps things interesting for the rest of the year though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

I can't talk about stuff we haven't announced yet. However we are still going with the 'retro' theme for new arcade sticks coming out. The White 'Rivals' one is a throwback to the Comic-Con TE from 2009.

We have another one coming out that will also be a throwback to an old favorite.

Stay tuned.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Since I work Sunday morning I actually had to go and pretend I was taking a #2 so I could watch the final match(Daigo vs Xian) on my phone lol. It was worth it, the set may have ended 5-2 but it was much much closer than that. Xian made several crucial mistakes during that set including a really bone headed mistake. I think after he dizzied Daigo and landed focus attack, he ended up jumping forward or backwards. Definitely had to have been a messed up input. He basically lost 14k in that set because he went from possibly finishing first to finishing 3rd.

I'm happy Daigo won but man, nobody was safe from the blow ups in this tournament, nobody. Every single person lost at least one set 2-5. Some guys had a better gameplan against certain others, some guys had characters that countered others, and some guys just happens to be other guys demon. It's impossible for anyone person to dominate nowadays with all this in mind. We were foolish to think Momochi was invincible a short while back because he loses to every gaijin he faces nowadays. And Daigo has two straight big money tournament wins, but I can't just forget how bad Momochi and Sako beat him just the other day. It really keeps things interesting for the rest of the year though.

Everytime Daigo gets challenged/beat. He comes back even stronger.

And in turn, everyone else gets stronger. I'm down with this.

xCobalt

I can't talk about stuff we haven't announced yet. However we are still going with the 'retro' theme for new arcade sticks coming out. The White 'Rivals' one is a throwback to the Comic-Con TE from 2009.

We have another one coming out that will also be a throwback to an old favorite.

Stay tuned.

Blue Chun Li stick confirmed!

We all love Daigo, but a new fighting game is releasing, right? How about we mention it.

I have no problems with this, we've technically have had 2 "Daigoat" titles this year. MKX is out, it deserves priority IMO.

But yeah, Daigoat baby. And shoutouts to my character Evil Ryu for both winning Topanga and finishing last place.

Top Bottom