• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIGHT ON: The Killer Instinct story. Documentary

Tiamat2san

A very lengthy (1h44) documentary on the origins of killer instinct from the beginning in the arcade to the season 3 of killer instinct Xbox one.

I love this game on Xbox one.
Best fighting of this generation all consoles included.
Fantastic netcode.
Best music in this genre for this generation too.

I still dream of a season 4 or killer instinct 2 on Xbox /PC for next-gen.
It would be a perfect game for gamepass too.

Last edited:

Winchester

Killer Instinct has always been an amazing FG. One of the best for this gen. I'm genuinely salty that MS just let this franchise die again. It never made sense to me that they resurrected the franchise after, what, 16ish years, had this as a big reveal for the X-One, and then turn around and just drop it after a few years. What a complete waste. I specifically bought the X-One for KI and there were plenty of others that did the same. They'd be incredibly stupid to not have KI in the lineup for the Series-X.

That said, I wish Double Helix would've continued on with the game vs. Iron Galaxy. I preferred their season 1 take. Regardless, IG has said that they're not developing a sequel so even if by some miracle there was one in the pipeline, no idea who would be taking over the reigns.

Tiamat2san

The combo system in Killer Instinct always intimidated me ever since I saw the first one in the arcade.
It’s more accessible than you think.
You learn a few combos, it’s easy.
Then you learn bigger ones and combo breakers.

counter breakers are difficult because you need to anticipate when your opponent can break your combo so At high level it’s more tactical.

But you don’t need to master that to have fun.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The first one is still the best KI game. Orchid's VA was most likely on x or something lol.

Top Bottom