• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 23 will reportedly include cross-play and expanded women’s leagues. The Men's and Women's World Cup Will Also Be Given Prominence (VCG)

kingfey

Banned

FIFA 23 will reportedly include cross-play for the first time in series history.

That’s according to Xfire, which claims that the series will allow players from PlayStation, Xbox and PC to play together for the first time.

The report also claims that EA’s Hypermotion Technology has received a large upgrade and “now allows the development team to capture animations from real footballers in real matches using stadium cameras, eliminating the need for Xsens suits.”

The updated tech will seemingly be able to capture “over 100 times more” data in one season of football footage than EA has captured in the history of the franchise. This claim comes from an internal meeting.

FIFA 23 will also feature both the men’s and women’s FIFA World Cup, and it’s also claimed that EA plans to expand the licensing agreements currently in place with women’s leagues and teams.

Last week we reported that Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson told his staff in an internal meeting that he believes the FIFA brand has ‘impeded’ the franchise.

In comments provided anonymously to VGC, Wilson claimed that FIFA had precluded EA from expanding its games into modes beyond traditional 11v11, or “broader digital ecosystems”, and suggested that the only value EA got from the licence in a non-World Cup year was “four letters on the front of the box”

In a public statement released in October, EA implied that should it cut ties with FIFA it would still retain all its other league, player and stadium licensing because those deals are arranged separately.

FIFA fired back later that month in a statement of its own, in which it suggested it was open to working with new video game companies.

It also emerged that EA had filed multiple trademark applications for ‘EA Sports FC’, which could potentially be the new name for its football franchise should it choose to rebrand the series.

Louay

cross-play would help PC and Xbox in area when they aren't popular. overall it's good move for the game but i don't expect progress transfer when you switch to other platform.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Cross play is tremendous it feels like a shot at fanboys every time

Cross play confirmed

Xbox fanboys:

Mark Margolis Rage GIF by Breaking Bad

PlayStation fanboys:

mad mark wahlberg GIF

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Don't have anything about womens football but its true that almost nobody plays the modes. Still the mode is there and adding a tournament isnt really resource heavy.

With that said, I'm over FIFA for good so wont be buying.

nush

Gold Member
6.2 million people watch WSL broadcast matches in 2021.

1.12 billion people watched the women's World Cup.

It took me all of 2 seconds to google these facts. Do that next time you want to bestow your knowledge upon us.

Now how many of them are going to drop $60 to actually play the game if they had no interest in buying it before womens teams were included?

OZ9000

Banned

It took me all of 2 seconds to google these facts. Do that next time you want to bestow your knowledge upon us.
There was a woman's world cup? I'm honestly surprised.

reksveks

Dumb fuckers everywhere.

1) why do you think EA is going to spend additional resources on the game if they cut out the female mode? They ain't, they would just take it as profit
2) why does a mode that you can ignore bug you?
3) why does everything a company have to do maximize profit? Especially as a consumer.

I just knew before i clicked to get in here what kind of posts i'd read here.
Predictable at this point.

No one is forcing you to play as women...you can still play exactly like you used to. Don't worry.
Not everything is about or for you. I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that will enjoy this.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
According to my trophies for Fifa 2020 (the last one I played) 7.6% of PS players got the trophy for playing one match with a women's team.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I just knew before i clicked to get in here what kind of posts i'd read here.
Predictable at this point.

No one is forcing you to play as women...you can still play exactly like you used to. Don't worry.
Not everything is about or for you. I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that will enjoy this.
yes, sadly the incels can't control themselves. their knee jerk reaction anytime womens sports is brought up is a dumbfounding and effective way to let everyone know you are never getting laid and have never played sports in your life

you know who respects female athletes? the male athletes, which tells you everything

Last edited:

chonga

Just to preface I have no issue with the inclusion in the game - but 1.12 billion people did not watch the World Cup.

The World Cup 'reached' 1.12 billion people. If you were somewhere where any of the matches was displayed for at least 1 minute this counts as being 'reached'.

The average viewership for the final was just 82 million. The ratio between that and the total 'reach' is half of that of the men's World Cup. Pretty telling.

Thanati

Just to preface I have no issue with the inclusion in the game - but 1.12 billion people did not watch the World Cup.

The World Cup 'reached' 1.12 billion people. If you were somewhere where any of the matches was displayed for at least 1 minute this counts as being 'reached'.

The average viewership for the final was just 82 million. The ratio between that and the total 'reach' is half of that of the men's World Cup. Pretty telling.

Kinda tells a different picture to what you're saying.

• 1.12 billion viewers watched coverage of France 2019 on TV at home, on digital platforms or out-of-home
    • 993.5 million watched on TV alone, 481.5 million accessed coverage on digital platforms
    • Final seen live by over 260 million viewers, average live match audience more than doubled from the 2015 edition

NickFire

There are a lot of girls and women who play soccer, so this makes a lot of sense to me. Worse case it doesn't move the needle. Best case is it moves a lot of extra copies. And its pretty much risk free for EA.

Boss Mog

Nobody care of women football, stop forcing... Seriously...
I gave it a shot at the last World Cup and the level of play was embarrassing to say the least. From a technical side they were just awful which you wouldn't think since men's biological advantages shouldn't necessarily translate into better skills but in this case they definitely do.

Just for some perspective: a local team of 15 year-old boys beat the Australia women's nation team 7 to 0. I'm not one to endorse trans athletes competing in women's sports but for football (soccer) I would make an exception, it might at least make it watchable.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
I'm sorry but the women bullshit in sports games geared towards MEN needs to fucking die a sexist death.

Give them their own fucking game but don't tell us you're "adding features" and really just putting tits on Lionel Messi

Same thing with NBA's inclusion of women, if you want them to have their own game FINE BY ME, stop putting bullshit filler in your game nobody actually wants.

Sorry women but if there was a great clamoring for women to have their own sports title it'd exist. Instead all females are being completely marginalized by their halfass inclusion in another franchise up until now where they only existed in the stands.

Either give women their own sports title and let the sales #'s decide or stop fucking with sports titles for men.

Last edited:
Top Bottom