• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 22 PC can only be installed and played on one machine

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Not really, you have to contact the support for them to do it. Except they won't do it because it is specified that it is only for one machine (and it's here for a reason). If you buy the game you agreed to this, so you're screwed.
(and I don't pirate FIFA, I have a self esteem)

Says who?
Wait for all the people who wiped their drives when changing any part of their PC without uninstalling their games. And they shouldn’t be expected to do so, EA gonna EA. Must really hurt seeing Ubisoft releasing hit after hit and BioWare being thrash tier studio now.
This is why I said to also be able to manually deactivate.

EA has had machine activation limits since 2008, you could manage your activations yourself via https://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/
Unless someone has hard proof now suddenly 1 activation is all you get for life, with no deactivations, this isn't anything new and they've been doing it for 13 years.

Last edited:

amigastar

Is the PC version different to the console version like older tech or something, less features etc.?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i don't even play fifa.
and i kinda want to download a pirated version for shit an giggles now

Reactions: Gp1

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
KyoZz KyoZz

Thats a lot of IFs. I have my PS4 Pro for 5 years and nothing went wrong with it. Im sure its the same for PC users as well. You are looking at the worst case scenario possibility where you cant even fix what you have. Also this is an annual game, in 10 months they will already buy a new one. It it was like Mortal Kombat that comes out once in 4 years then I could understand the fear.
You can never know. Sure if you don't have any problem you might think it won't affect you. Until it does. Why are people defending this seriously?
This is stupid PC drm but I think you are exaggerating a little. The game doesn't become unplayable with a new motherboard because I assume there is a way to deactivate the old one on your EA account and activate the new one.
Here what I say earlier about that:
Not really, you have to contact the support for them to do it. Except they won't do it because it is specified that it is only for one machine (and it's here for a reason). If you buy the game you agreed to this, so you're screwed.
but you do pirate other games? hence DRM annoys you because you cant steal?

i wonder if there is anyone who cries about DRM and doesnt secretly also pirate bunch of games
I think I stopped pirating games at the age of 19 (and I'm 31 now). I pirated games because I didn't had any money. But now, I earn more than 4K euros per month so I don't really need to crack games, when I want something I buy it (I'll pm a proof if you want)
But please, keep making assumption out of you ass, it's funny to see people judging other especially when you are so much on the wrong.
Says who?

This is why I said to also be able to manually deactivate.

EA has had machine activation limits since 2008, you could manage your activations yourself via https://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/
Unless someone has hard proof now suddenly 1 activation is all you get for life, with no deactivations, this isn't anything new and they've been doing it for 13 years.
LMAO be serious, look at the games. It was something they tried a few years back, with the last game using this being... Dead Space 2 from freakin 2011. And on those games it was CLEARLY stated that you could de-authorize them. Here it's not the case.
They haven't been doing this for years, they tried it 10 years ago and it was abandoned because it's absolutely shitty, and now they are trying again because... it's EA. Stop the misinformation please.

Kenpachii

Is the PC version different to the console version like older tech or something, less features etc.?

Yea, next gen console versions get like some kind of next gen system. they stripped it for the PC version because they didn't wanted to higher the minimum requirements. So basically it will be a reskin of 21.

I am not sure if fifa players care much about it tho, at the end of the day they buy the game for the updated rosters i would assume more then anything else.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
They haven't been doing this for years, they tried it 10 years ago and it was abandoned because it's absolutely shitty, and now they are trying again because... it's EA. Stop the misinformation please.
Again:
I'm not the one spreading "misinformation", I'm asking for proof of the claims that fifa 22 doesn't deactivate automatically or can't be deactivated manually. If you can't provide that you're the one spreading "misinformation".

sainraja

That is so stupid. What is the point of having it on Steam if they are still going to push their own client and DRM?

Since I will continue my decades long annual tradition of installing FIFA on exactly ZERO machines, this is fine. 🤷‍♂️ (And FUCK EA)

Last edited:

amigastar

Yea, next gen console versions get like some kind of next gen system. they stripped it for the PC version because they didn't wanted to higher the minimum requirements. So basically it will be a reskin of 21.

I am not sure if fifa players care much about it tho, at the end of the day they buy the game for the updated rosters i would assume more then anything else.
Really? That sucks. But thx for the info, man.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Again:

I'm not the one spreading "misinformation", I'm asking for proof of the claims that fifa 22 doesn't deactivate automatically or can't be deactivated manually. If you can't provide that you're the one spreading "misinformation".
From the Steam page: 1 machine activation limit.
And again (3rd time): You have to contact the support for them to do it. Except they won't do it because it is specified that it is only for one machine (and it's here for a reason). If you buy the game you agreed to this, so you're screwed.

Now sure, provide me some proof that you can activate it on more than one machine or that you can deactivate it (but don't come with a page than only list 10 years old games please) I'm waiting.

sainraja

Like every single ubi, ea etc game... That 60+% steam market share.
I think I'll PES this one.
Yeah, I kinda figured but still.....and I am surprised Steam allows them to be on there with the requirement of their own client/DRM. But I guess they want the titles be on there vs not having them at all. It's still stupid.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
And again (3rd time): You have to contact the support for them to do it. Except they won't do it because it is specified that it is only for one machine (and it's here for a reason). If you buy the game you agreed to this, so you're screwed.
Show proof of this.
Now sure, provide me some proof that you can activate it on more than one machine or that you can deactivate it (but don't come with a page than only list 10 years old games please) I'm waiting.
No I don't have to provide any proof, because I didn't make the claim, you did, so you need to proof what you claim.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
You have to contact the support for them to do it. Except they won't do it because it is specified that it is only for one machine (and it's here for a reason). If you buy the game you agreed to this, so you're screwed.

Is this what EA told you? Because that's not what they told me.

99% of people are not going to complain mostly because they are not going to know the DRM exists. They are going to install the game, play it for a while and then never use it again after the new version comes out next year.

I don't see EA paying any penalty for this because people will continue to buy it

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Show proof of this.

No I don't have to provide any proof, because I didn't make the claim, you did, so you need to proof what you claim.
It's you! NOOOOO IT'S YOU!!!
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Look, this is EA. The fact that they don't specify this just means you're going to get screwed, so take it in the simplest way possible: one activation, one machine.
I looked to see if they said we could deactivate it but no, absolutely nothing. Not the slightest hint about that.

But fair enough, you are free to believe anything you want. I'll be bumping this thread in some months to see if I'm wrong.

Is this what EA told you? Because that's not what they told me.
Oh please let me know where they talk about that for FIFA 22

Last edited:

Lupin3

Oh please let me know where they talk about that for FIFA 22

I asked them on Twitter. Here's the answer, make of it what you will:

Hey, there! Thank you for reaching out to us on Twitter with this question. I would love to help, but unfortunately, we do not have any details here to confirm this message. We are still releasing details as we get closer to launch, so we may come out with more information regarding this.

I replied and told them it was strange that they didn't know about something they themselves were responsible for, and they pretty much repeated the earlier answer:

I am sorry for the trouble, man. I know that would be frustrating. We are still releasing information as we get closer to launch and will make sure we clarify any concerns before then. I just do not have any information here, right now to provide but we will be monitoring those reports and provide updates if we do have new information.

So basically, nobody knows anything, it seems.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Sounds more like he's pulling shit out of his clown ass, since he's unwilling to provide proof for his claims.
I responded to you, and please stay respectful.

I asked them on Twitter. Here's the answer, make of it what you will:

Hey, there! Thank you for reaching out to us on Twitter with this question. I would love to help, but unfortunately, we do not have any details here to confirm this message. We are still releasing details as we get closer to launch, so we may come out with more information regarding this.

I replied and told them it was strange that they didn't know about something they themselves were responsible for, and they pretty much repeated the earlier answer:

I am sorry for the trouble, man. I know that would be frustrating. We are still releasing information as we get closer to launch and will make sure we clarify any concerns before then. I just do not have any information here, right now to provide but we will be monitoring those reports and provide updates if we do have new information.

So basically, nobody knows anything, it seems.
Thx for this, it does sound like a "we know, but you won't like the response". So yeah I'm just gonna assume EA is gonna be EA.

Codes 208

From the makers of online passes (think dead space 2) comes ANOTHER brilliant anti-consumer idea

but soccer and madden are boring af so this hardly affects me. If this happens to battlefield then I’ll riot.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This is probably a "Please Buy it from Origin" thing... I can't imagine the Origin version would do this.

A consolation prize of sorts for going on Steam lol

Last edited:

Lupin3

Thx for this, it does sound like a "we know, but you won't like the response". So yeah I'm just gonna assume EA is gonna be EA.

While I can agree on the whole thing sounding a bit fishy, I really do believe they mean one active game per account. However, not giving a definitive answer is never a good thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried (or planned to try) something mind-blowingly stupid. It's not like it's never happened before when it comes to EA. Perhaps this is one of those surprise mechanics they are known for.

Ev1L AuRoN

I thought that this were all games that use third party launchers like Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar etc.. What that means exactly, I have to uninstall from computer A to be able to use it and computer B?

All origin games have DRM that works online only and one instance at the time. The only difference I see is that I cannot install the game on a second PC and play it on it without first deactivate the first PC.

Top Bottom