• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 21 - Feel Next Level on PS5 (Next Gen Trailer + Details)

DonJorginho

Banned

Hi everyone! With under two weeks to go until the launch of FIFA 21 on PS5 on December 4, we wanted to take some time to give you a special in-depth look at next level EA Sports FIFA, as well as an exclusive early look at how we’re using the incredible new DualSense wireless controller.

Welcome to FIFA 21 on PS5.

Next Level Gameplay
One of the things we’re most excited for you to experience is the new PlayStation 5 DualSense wireless controller.

Whether you’re making a last-ditch block to save a certain goal, or smashing one in off the bar from outside the box, the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback responds to what happens on the pitch. With more control over both the intensity and the location of the haptic feedback, you’ll now feel things like powerful left-footed shots with vibrations on the left side of the controller, and more intense feedback from crunching head-on tackles than when players jostle for position at corners or free-kicks.

The adaptive triggers on the DualSense controller also allow us to increase trigger resistance as stamina drains, meaning you’ll feel the effects of players’ tiredness as their fitness decreases throughout the game. This is only available on PS5, and we’re excited for you to feel the difference the DualSense makes to FIFA 21, immersing you into the intensity of a match in ways that weren’t possible before.

Also exclusive to PS5 players is Activity Cards which let you jump to your favourite mode directly from the PlayStation home screen. Combined with the lightning fast load times provided by the power of PS5 you’ll be able to get into matches quicker than ever before. We’re clocking in at under two seconds from the pre-game menu to a Kick-Off match. Sorry, pre-game practice arena fans!

Next Level Visuals
More power also means we can take a huge leap forward in visual quality to make players and stadiums look even better.

A new deferred lighting system called LiveLight Rendering creates ultra-realistic football environments. You’ll see visually stunning recreations of the world’s biggest stadiums like Anfield and the Parc des Princes that make them feel more alive than ever before.

50639413587_43d29c2b7e_h.jpg

f detail and unlock our most detailed recreations of the world’s biggest stars like Kylian Mbappé and Trent Alexander-Arnold to date!

A new gameplay camera gives you a fresh perspective on it too. The EA Sports GameCam is inspired by the look and feel of top-level football broadcasts, and makes a big difference to the game. We’re excited for you to try it.

Next Level Atmosphere
While we’re all missing being inside the stadium watching our favourite teams and players, we know the incredible scenes and sounds that home and away fans create that make football what it is.

50638579458_759df7e158_h.jpg

n FIFA 21 we’re dialing up the spectacle of football on the biggest stage to reflect the incredible atmospheres that crowds provide.

Firstly, PreMatch Live adds a series of new cinematics to increase your matchday immersion. You’ll see fans streaming through the turnstiles and more as it sets the stage for the most authentic matchday experience we’ve ever been able to deliver.

Secondly, we’re now able to better reflect the incredible scenes that go alongside a UEFA Champions League-winning goal, or relegation-saving equalizer. New Big Goal Moments mean you’ll now see the absolute scenes in the stands and on the pitch after crucial goals.

50638575118_5e596ab1d8_h.jpg

Next Level Simulation
FIFA 21 on PS5 also allows us to create the most natural movement and behaviour to date.

Responsive Multi-Touch Animations take player movement to the next level of realism, enhancing the visual quality and responsiveness of linked animations on the ball, giving you more agility and control over the ball than ever before with over 700 new animation combinations.

50638617748_b8fcca46b1_h.jpg

We’re even able to make players act even more realistically than in any previous EA Sports FIFA title thanks to Off-Ball Humanization, with players displaying more human behaviour like cleaning sweat from their face after a run, shouting for a pass, and regaining their breath after sprinting to make them feel truly alive in FIFA 21 on PS5.

Last edited:

shubik

Look at the face comparisons with FIFA 21 on the PS4 compared to PS5, there is a definite upgrade.

Sure, I don´t doubt that you will find differences. But still... I was hoping for more after I saw NBA2K21. Maybe it was wrong to assume EA would do a bigger update mid gen but with this looking the way it does, EA needs to step it up with fifa 22 to keep me interested

DonJorginho

Banned
Sure, I don´t doubt that you will find differences. But still... I was hoping for more after I saw NBA2K21. Maybe it was wrong to assume EA would do a bigger update mid gen but with this looking the way it does, EA needs to step it up with fifa 22 to keep me interested
EA always suck with the first new gen titles normally, this is a step up from those, I hope we see a 2K esque improvement for FIFA 22 though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
i am not buying these game engine footage. BF1 and BFV trailers had game engine footage that looked a gen ahead of the actual game. will wait for actual ingame footage.

Roufianos

Very excited for this, Fifa 14 on PS4 was a huge improvement over the PS3 version so I'm hoping for the same this time.

Kind of concerned that they don't have more to show than a 30 second CGI trailer though.

chonga

Look at the face comparisons with FIFA 21 on the PS4 compared to PS5, there is a definite upgrade.
Which is why I think you're not going to see much of a leap in this type of game. You spend 99% of your time in a zoomed-out top-down view that already looks pretty decent, so beyond upgrading lighting to be top notch I'm not sure what identifiable visual leaps we'll be able to appreciate during gameplay.

I'm low key looking forward to this as much as any PS5 release so far TBH. I'm an offline FIFA players, so most the quibbles I see don't relate to me. However, I'm a stickler for some nice Animations and Realism, so a few things stick out for me personally.

• New Lighting
  • New "Broadcast" Camera
  • PreMatch Live Cinematics
  • Big Goal moments
  • Multi Touch Animations
Might not add much to Game play, But FIFA licensing and Atmosphere is what sets it apart from PES. Shallow, Me? Definitely, but Can't beat a good game of FIFA and some slick presentation. Can't complain about this upgrade for Free.

FIFA 22 Will be the Generation defining moment for the Series, this is going to be just a base for it, but it sounds promising to me.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
How are these sports games not crossplay enabled? Like what? Makes no sense.

Edit: By crossplay, I mean PC, Xbox, PlayStation...

Last edited:

BlueHawk357

Because of Ac Valhalla and Cyberpunk, I skipped FIFA 21, as it will be in game pass in 3 months, and I knew it wouldn’t be next gen tbh, so I’ll play it midway it’s life cycle and get ready for FIFA 22 which should be proper next gen. 🤷🏻‍♂️

mancs

so long has we have deformation on pitch , from boots , and puddles gathering in rain , and snow etc , could be real cosy n nice.

nerfed on pc due to minimum reqs..... ouch...

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

lol at ppl who actually believe this is next gen shit. EA as always weill re release the game with more fps and a little tiny upgrade in graphics and call it a next gen engine. We all know the new engine is coming next year.

FIFA is still as boring as it looks on these trailers. It hasnt change dabit since 2017 and when it comes to gameplay PES is back to being number one. PES needs to step up their presentation and licences, but thats the only area it loses to FIFA. As long as FIFA doesnt have any competition, itll be the same shit different year every year.

lol at ppl who actually believe this is next gen shit. EA as always weill re release the game with more fps and a little tiny upgrade in graphics and call it a next gen engine. We all know the new engine is coming next year.

FIFA is still as boring as it looks on these trailers. It hasnt change dabit since 2017 and when it comes to gameplay PES is back to being number one. PES needs to step up their presentation and licences, but thats the only area it loses to FIFA. As long as FIFA doesnt have any competition, itll be the same shit different year every year.

This career mode is but fun bro

but if you reallyvwanna hv fun your going to play clubs, nothing like 11v11

Bumping this thread as the upgrade has dropped early showing the improvements.

Look at the improvement in hair and skin textures, Messi doesn't look like a mannequin anymore! EliteClarity EliteClarity Get ittttttt 🔥🔥

201202073451820401.jpg

201202073358520063.jpg

I can't get it :messenger_persevering: says I have the latest version what ever I do. Whether through the game or the store, all I can get is the Standard Version. I have a totally unfounded suspicion that being an EA Play member, ironically, has borked it. Only time I get anything different is the EA play version with a trial and that tries to charge me £50 odd.

Top Bottom