• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXVI Is God Of War 4 And I Am STOKED

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It's not really a DMC clone either. The combat bits, sure, but I expect there to be more to the game. Towns, sidquests, some light exploration, gear, etc

cqiNLsz.gif

DMC, 5 in particular, is basically just going from one combat encounter straight into the other.
DMCV should have just been a Bloody Palace mode from the start and saved us the chore of running from ugly room to ugly room.

Reactions: Fbh

Zones

OP, what you said was obvious and I agreed, but sadly you got piled on from most people here.

Fortunately for you though, we now have confirmation saying just as much and it’s coming straight from the horse’s mouth…

“Can you talk a little bit about some of the games that have maybe inspired or influenced the development of Final Fantasy 16? So personally I see a little bit of God of War and The Witcher, and I'm curious if they were references for you while you were developing it.

Yoshida: I love the two games, especially God of War. The craziness of the boss battles in God of War, when it was a more traditional action game, is just... The game design is so different for each stage, and the boss is so unique, everything is made with power, and you can feel the power. So, while I personally also really like the most recent God of War games, I look back further to the original God of Wars, and especially the boss battles in those, how the boss battles are all crazy, they're all different designs for each, they're all unique, they're all over the top, and in getting inspiration from that and creating our Eikon versus Eikon battles to kind of have that same feel.”

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
OP, what you said was obvious and I agreed, but sadly you got piled on from most people here.

Fortunately for you though, we now have confirmation saying just as much and it’s coming straight from the horse’s mouth…

“Can you talk a little bit about some of the games that have maybe inspired or influenced the development of Final Fantasy 16? So personally I see a little bit of God of War and The Witcher, and I'm curious if they were references for you while you were developing it.

Yoshida: I love the two games, especially God of War. The craziness of the boss battles in God of War, when it was a more traditional action game, is just... The game design is so different for each stage, and the boss is so unique, everything is made with power, and you can feel the power. So, while I personally also really like the most recent God of War games, I look back further to the original God of Wars, and especially the boss battles in those, how the boss battles are all crazy, they're all different designs for each, they're all unique, they're all over the top, and in getting inspiration from that and creating our Eikon versus Eikon battles to kind of have that same feel.”
sex minigames confirmed?!

Wow thanks for finding that & posting it brother!

To the rest of you:

L6ixueT.gif

Is it known if the damage output display can be turned off? It would play much better in my opinion if the screen wasn't cluttered with all those integers relentlessly popping on the screen. If it is indeed GoW4 then my hype meter is going to explode.

kiphalfton

My reaction when people compared the original God of War trilogy to DMC.

It's not really a DMC clone either. The combat bits, sure, but I expect there to be more to the game. Towns, sidquests, some light exploration, gear, etc

cqiNLsz.gif

DMC, 5 in particular, is basically just going from one combat encounter straight into the other.

DMC5 level design is atrocious, not only from an artistic standpoint but because it has to be one of the most linear games I've played in a long time.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I wish a FF would be able to adapt some of GoW most recent gameplay. And with that I mean environmental puzzles and dungeon design with some basic platforming. Do we have any confirmation 16 has it? From what I expect it’ll be again a typical jrpg with gameplay strictly limited to battles. I really don’t understand why they never try to give us something more gamey here and there :/

It’ll still be the best FF in more than a decade but!!!

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

One of the most vindicated OPs of all time.

Shame on you people!

I'd say in 25 min gameplay topic:

"The icon vs icon fight part was really cool... What I originally expected from GOW Ragnarok fights on a huge scale (just F* imagine it)"

when we see lazy ass woke dev get fired

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I feel like people here purposely misread or misinterpret things just to get mad and gatekeep.

Happens in many of my threads too lol

It’s blatantly obvious OP is saying this game is the EVOLUTION of what a god of war 4 COULD HAVE been had they stayed with the traditional PS3 style games.

And that’s simply in regards to BIG epic boss battles and SCALE. New GOW is dialed back in that sense. A GOW4 would have been GOW3 on steroids.

Instead we have folks going nuts talking about “it’s not even over the shoulder hahaha” and completely missing the entire point.

how is that hard for so many people to understand without getting triggered.

We are talking about this game being the evolution of god of war 3. In terms of scale. Simple. It playing more like dmc in terms of visual style and combat is besides the point

TikiLagoonSam TikiLagoonSam i agree

Last edited:
Finished playing the FF16 demo.

WOW. I LOVE it. I already had the game preordered but man, this truly is going to be epic. Its even more epic then the classic God Of War games + Its A DEEP ASS STORY MY GOD. The big battles were awesome, the regular combat feels fantastic , and I loved spending time in the castle and just seeing the slow steady story progress. The little things like sitting around a campfire talking, drinking mead and singing in the castle, just makes it feel more like you’re living in that world.

This is shaping up to be a deeper, more satisfying spiritual successor to God Of War 3 then the new God Of War ever was.

And they have all the legends making this game. When I heard Platinum was even part of it im like holy shit! Gonna be crazy.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
cringe? isnt FF supposed to be an rpg and not action like gow?

It is an RPG. It can also be an action game at the same time. It can also feature massively bombastic, over the top bosses. Hell, that has been a thing in FF games for decades now. Fighting gods, towering time traveling summons, interdimensial demons, a clown. They have done a lot.

Top Bottom