• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIV Endwalker is Metacritic's Best PS Game of 2021

ManaByte

Gold Member

Metacritic's #1 PlayStation Game of 2021.
Metacritic's #1 PlayStation Exclusive of 2021.

Greaaaat. Now the queues on Gilgamesh are just going to get worse.

kingfey

Banned
Hades got robbed. It had 33 critic rating, but lower user score 262. compared to endwalker with 11 crit review, and 368 user reviews.

YukiOnna

Absolutely deserved from my completion of it. Hopefully fans of the game can eventually get into their servers and experience it, too.

Ozzie666

As great as it is, it should have gotten more backlash for the endless queues and limited opportunity to actually play. Unless you use methods to stay connected.
That is my only complaint with the game and the bunnies.

LordKite

Neo Member
This tracks for me. It was the best thing to come out last year by a long shot, it should probably be the best game on PC too.

As for queues, imagine not playing on Crystal, my queues on Mateus haven't been longer than 500 on reset day, or 50 literally any other time in a month.

iHaunter

Returnal got robbed
Most reviewers are too shit to beat it.

200.gif

Robb

Gold Member
Not all that surprised, I’ve only heard good things about it. Sounds like it’s one of the best games released in the entire MMORPG genre.

It’s not my cup of tea though.

Topher

Gold Member
Personally been playing for years and never regretted paying the monthly fee. Still have a plethora of quality content to do/could do or experience new storylines. If I got tired of it then I can just unsub which they encourage and return later.

Thanks. I've been curious about it. I might give it a shot.

Raven117

I hope all these FFXIV expansions reviews translate to the quality of FF16
Me, you, and many others hope this. I personally think Nomura was the worst thing to happen to ff. YoshiP seems to know the beating heart of ff.

Ffxiv is arguably the best ff ever. Deserves to be in the discussion
Is FF 14 really worth $15 a month though?
Yeah. If even just for the storyline.

YukiOnna

I think Yoshi-P said he will talk about the state of resuming sales & free trial for the game next week or so. Just keep a look out on that and remember that the free trial is all the way up to the end of the first expansion.

clintar

Is this just another explansion on fffxiv, or some standalone thing? I have no idea
edit: nm, clicked link. then not interested at all

Last edited:

sigmaZ

I think this speaks more to the lack of quality games this year and the power of hype more than it does the quality of Final Fantasy 14 tbh.

Markio128

I played the game for many hours on the PS4 and really enjoyed it, however, I could not give the game enough time to justify the monthly subs, what with having a family. But, if you can spare the time, it really is top quality.

kingfey

Banned
I think this speaks more to the lack of quality games this year and the power of hype more than it does the quality of Final Fantasy 14 tbh.
Not really.
Look at NMS.
If you support a game for a long time, people's perception of your game would change.

Eso was a hot mess at launch, now its different.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Thats nuts

So FFXIV is now twice as popular as WOW was at its peak?

Not quite. There is no current known number of how many people are actively subscribed. It is estimated to be around 2 to 4 million though. About the same as Modern/Classic WoW combined.

I don‘t think we will ever seen an MMORPG, especially a subbed one, reach the numbers WoW did at its peak. However, I would also argue that we don‘t need to. We see plenty of other MMOs with much smaller player bases still have a strong active community (GW2, ESO, SWTOR, BDO, etc)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The way most MMOs work is that to play it seriously you have to invest a ton of time.

However, if you actually do that - you more than get your money's worth and probably will save money on other things you would be doing instead, like eating, buying other games, leaving the house. You actually end up saving insane amounts by having 90% of your time covered for $15.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Renowned FINAL FANTASY expert Jesse Cox gets his parents to react to FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker. This expansion is the thrilling final chapter in the Hydaelyn and Zodiark story bringing a variety of new dungeons, jobs, and updates to the game! (In Partnership with Square Enix)

Top Bottom