• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIV’s Yoshi-P claims Dawntrail expansion was delayed for Elden Ring’s DLC

Via Dexerto

It seems not even game developers can escape the avalanche of game release overlaps that have already plagued 2024.

During a panel at Pax East, FFXIV developer Naoki Yoshida, commonly known as Yoshi-P, revealed that the Dawntrail expansion’s early access period would begin on June 28, 2024, and fully release on July 2.
While this date may not seem too significant, Yoshi-P explained the date explicitly falls after the release of Elden Ring’s hotly anticipated Shadow of the Erdtree DLC.

“We figured everybody would be interested in the Elden Ring DLC,” Yoshi-P said during the panel. “I’ll give you one week!”

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
But why? Two completely different types of games 🤔

Sooo, he delayed it because he wanted to play the DLC for ER? Seems like a lack of priorities.

Last edited:

RNG

Elden Ring DLC to keep you company when the FFXIV servers are on fire when the expansion launches.

Last edited:

IAmRei

good call, if it were me, i wont ever try to release too close with ER as well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom