• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF XVI IGN Interview Triggers ResetERA Into MADNESS (Diversity/Representation)

How excited are you for FF XVI coming Summer 2023 (answers represents 5% - 100% excitement)?

• Day 1 (100%)

Votes: 80 66.7%
  • Picking it up in Summer for sure (85%)

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Eventually will get it by end of 2023 (75%)

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Gonna wait for a deep sale (50%)

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Will pray and port-beg for a PC version (25%)

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I'll just wait 'till it's in GamePass in 2039 (5%)

Votes: 13 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DISCLAIMER: Please let's try to keep the conversation civil on this. I really don't want to see any equally stupid anti-diversity/representation takes ITT or trying to shift blame to the groups bigoted ResetERA posters say they're "speaking up for", or that the IGN interviewer tried pushing in their question WRT the topic.

Trust me, most of the people in these groups (of which I would fall into if I were dumb enough to let phenotypical features or skin tone absolutely define me, the way many on places like Reset seem to) used like chess pieces on this culture war game board, do NOT give a s#*t about the "representation" those like the interviewer or ResetERA are making seem must be legally required, let alone are offended over some perceived lack of said representation.

Also, I generally try to stay OUT of this culture war BS these days. Too many awful people on both sides, honestly. I like to consider myself a "born-again Neutral" in that respect. However, I can see fake outrage and BS agendas for what they are and this just happens to be a case where one particular side is trying to do it, so I want to speak up about such.

====================================================================================================================================

So IGN recently did an interview with (among other) Naoki Yoshida, Producer for FF XVI and, in true Western games media fashion, not only made a pivot to suddenly ask about diversity out of nowhere, but black diversity in particular (the reason some of these people do this is because they feel if they can get a good answer on this one, it "opens the door" for other types of representation. It's the trojan horse approach, essentially). IGN asked the following...

IGN: In regards to diversity in the game, can we expect to see Black characters in Final Fantasy XVI, or people of color (non-white characters) in general? To clarify a bit more, there's been discussion around the trailers to date featuring mostly white characters, and I wanted to get clarity on whether we can expect the final game to be more diverse.

Keep in mind, this game is clearly set in and inspired by Medieval European folklore, which is practically, predominantly white. Yoshida's quite respectful response is the following:

Our design concept from the earliest stages of development has always heavily featured medieval Europe, incorporating historical, cultural, political, and anthropological standards that were prevalent at the time. When deciding on a setting that was best suited to the story we wanted to tell—the story of a land beset by the Blight—we felt that rather than create something on a global scale, it was necessary to limit the scope it to a single landmass — one geographically and culturally isolated from the rest of the world in an age without airplanes, television, or telephones.

Due to the underlying geographical, technological, and geopolitical constraints of this setting, Valisthea was never going to realistically be as diverse as say a modern-day Earth...or even Final Fantasy XIV that has an entire planet (and moon) worth of nations, races, and cultures at its disposal. The isolated nature of this realm, however, does end up playing a large part in the story and is one of the reasons Valisthea's fate is tied to the rest of the world.

In the end, we simply want the focus to be less on the outward appearance of our characters and more on who they are as people—people who are complex and diverse in their natures, backgrounds, beliefs, personalities, and motivations. People whose stories we can resonate with. There is diversity in Valisthea. Diversity that, while not all-encompassing, is synergistic with the setting we've created and is true to the inspirations from which we are drawing.

A very, very respectable answer that doesn't antagonize the stupidity of the source asking the opening question, doesn't dismiss the questions of those who may be wondering about lack of particular diversity, but also shows a creator willing to stay true to their artistic vision and faithful to their inspiration and, yes, again the vast majority of medieval European lore is overwhelmingly white, JUST like how the vast majority of lore from African countries is overwhelmingly black, or the vast majority of lore/myths from Asian countries are overwhelmingly Asian, etc. But somehow, this doesn't seem to compute with IGN's interviewer, I guess they failed to learn about any of this.

It's okay though, because ResetERA has the outrage covered for him! I mean, just look at these gems...

User: Izanagi89

I always hate these kinds of reasonings especially when your game has giant dragon summons and Chocobos. But POC is just too far 🙄 It never, ever makes sense to me. Disappointing.

Conflation, how does it work?

User: Ashodin

Not just that, the "where's the women protagonists?" question answered was really eyerolling as well.

See, told you this is usually how it goes. These kind of pushes usually start with asking about black people & POC, but that is just the Trojan Horse to get to what is really desired. A tactic almost as old as time itself.

User: L Thammy

I remember the mountains of crystals and summoned monsters from European history too.

Yes, nothing says "peak hot take" like running to a generic Wikipedia entry blurb to try contesting the creator's own actual words from an interview. Great tactic xD.

User: SpottieO

That’s dog shit, here’s Josh Sawyer explaining why you’ll find an Ethiopian character in his 16th century Bavarian murder mystery.

Basically, he's saying that because Josh Sawyer has an Ethiopian character in his game, because his game features the Council of Constance, which did historically have Ethiopians present from time to time.

But that's just the thing: from time to time. And let's be real here; not in large numbers, certainly not where they made up the majority of its members. That...that kinda matters.

User: Kalentan

They should had just admitted to being inspired by fantasy Europe in various other influential media works that either simply take place in Europe or Europe-like settings have mostly been overwhelmingly white. Like let's all be real, that's why this stuff happens. It's not because of an actual historical research.

Trying to say it's more realistic to the time period (despite the game literally taking place in a fantasy setting), will never hold up to any scrutiny.

It's a disappointing answer and unfortunately considering I'm assuming it's too late to do any course correction that at the very least they hear the criticism and you know, actually do better in FFXIV (which to an extent they have done better in Endwalker but even still, who knows if that will last into the next expansion) and any other future titles they do.

So Europe wasn't overwhelmingly white during the periods many of the fables and myths most fantasy works are based on (at least partially), were made? Wat? What are we doing here? 🤣🤣

Icing on the cake is they think they have a grasp of actual history in this regard. Child, just stop.

And these were all just dumb takes on the first page! All of this to say, Yoshi P's response was nothing wrong, hostile, dismissive, or offensive, yet ResetERA are of course pissed anyway simply because he didn't tout the same generic answers many others do, or doesn't appear remorseful in not having a supposed enough diversity in the game. Nor should he be remorseful, honestly.

Going by the mentality of ResetERA, every single work of a game, in every genre, should have some kind of diversity representation, and some amount constituting "major roles". This is the bean counter approach, the business suit approach. The irony is, they believe they are being progressive when all they are doing is emulating the same hardline, tyrannical demands style of corporate and government figures, and time and time again, it's ACTUAL creatives who are negatively affected.

To me, real progressivism is in letting people, among other things, create the kinds of works THEY want to create. If some arbitrary representation or whatnot is achieved, fine. But if not, that doesn't suddenly make those creators bigoted. With the tone and rhetoric people like those in this ResetERA thread use, though, you'd think that were actually the case. Of course, they are never honest enough to outright admit such a thing if you were to ask them directly.

Anyway, I just wanted to go over how stupid all this controversy over his answer is. And I say this as someone who's a supposed "person of color" because one thing I've always noticed, is people like those on ResetERA who try getting offended on our behalf, more or less treat us like a statistic unless we lick their ideological taint and co-sign on their misplaced outrage. We don't need you to speak for us, or be outraged on our behalf. Believe it or not, a good many can actually form full sentences, form thoughts of our own, and articulate well enough to speak for ourselves. Shocking, I know 🙄.

It's also just this idiotic denseness to historical reality that displays their own ignorance so profusely. Yes, lots of medieval fantasy may have fantastical creatures that in themselves don't exist like dragons, but those fantastical dragons are INSPIRED by animals that were actually VERY common in the countries the works come from. Same goes for werewolves, wyvern, etc. No matter how grand or high-level the fantasy was, it was ALWAYS grounded in the local reality, and the local reality for many of the fables these ideas come from was nothing like the global world we live in today, nor does it mean those fables, works, or the elements they use are inherently racist simply because they aren't ethnically diverse.

If you look at almost any classical East Asian, Native American, Middle Eastern, Sub-Saharan African, or Latin American fables, myths etc., they will ALSO have a preponderance of fantastical creatures inspired by the regional wildlife, and VERY homogenous peoples reflective of the majority populations of their societies. This is normal, it's called reality, and those works are not inherently racist or bigoted for simply representing the scope of their local realities through fantasy. Neither are the various European myths or fables that dominate that style of fantasy, but ResetERA seem to want to force a fake narrative in that case because, well, they're bigoted.

Again, I'm not even white, but I am tired of seeing the intellectual dishonesty a lot of people like in that FF XVI thread on Reset, forcibly use in order to try drumming up outrage. And it says a lot about the interviewer at IGN who even asked Yoshida this question in particular, which was purposefully loaded and IMO, not even genuine. A real interviewer who understands anything about history, artistic liberty & freedom, would have rather asked Yoshida if we'll ever get a Final Fantasy entry based on fantastical Middle Eastern, African, Latin American, or Asian myths & fables? Or heck, if we'll ever see a JRPG from Square-Enix based on one of those cultures and their myths. Because this may surprise the bigots on ResetERA, but there are actually a LOT of really neat myths, fables & legends from these cultures, such as Yoruba mythology (Nigeria), and Piasa Bird (Native American) that could serve as basis for games of their own.

Not that it's Yoshida or Square-Enix's responsibility to make such games, but I think a more respectful question regarding diversity & representation to them in this interview would have been along those lines, not phrasing the question on the expectation that FF XVI in particular must be more diverse because of reasons. But yeah, that's all I wanted to really say about the lame outrage over this segment of the interview. Some people ask me why I troll ResetERA profiles, or pull posts from over there to ridicule and criticize here. Well because on ResetERA, you can't have a genuine conversation with actual differences in opinion if your opinion runs counter to the groupthink that mods & even Admin there want to push, meaning even if you are not being toxic or bigoted, simply appearing more factually correct than them will likely catch you a ban. Using actual comedy and being flagrantly ridiculous to provide satire on some of the worst hot-takes from otherwise obvious console warriors & shills on that forum, will get you labeled as an aggressor, and banned, simply for pointing out the truth in a comedically outlandish fashion.

However, considering the sway Reset seems to have among gaming media types and content creators, it's rather concerning. The forum's already shown it isn't above orchestrating targeted agendas at various people (it's even outright doxxed people in the past), being hypocritical about what games to discuss vs. not (i.e banning Harry Potter discussion because of some viewpoints of the series creator, yet openly allowing threads for ABK games to keep rolling out despite the laundry list of toxic workplace incidents from various employees that have come out from several of their studios. AKA you punish the majority for the thoughts of a single person in one instance, but don't punish the majority for the actions of a group of people in the other instance? Where's the consistency?), and is very likely compromised in terms of funding sources (I won't get too much into that here, but I have some thoughts).

Okay, rant over. Just needed to air that out.

Not saying they are right or wrong...but why getting triggered by a totally different forum / strangers to the point of opening this topic on gaf?
Sometimes i wonder what mods and admins in here think of the fact so many posts are written and topics get opened each year related to Resetera...it's awkward.

In the end this is all performative. When Square-Enix announced only british english voices and mostly british actors had been hired for the same reasons ERA didn't care. Suddenly races is a huge problem.

Anyway, can't wait for the game. Day One.

I don't know why developers even give places like IGN the light of day. They don't need IGN, in fact the only thing IGN can provide to them is negative. If you have IGN give the interview or you have literally me give the interview and put it on their Twitter account it doesn't matter, the same amount of people will read it because it is just going to be reposted and linked on Twitter and message boards and everywhere else anyway. So why do they even bother with these talentless hacks and instead just do their own thing?

Best to just ignore these idiots at this point. The answer he gave is the obvious answer for anyone that's got a functioning brain and is aware of history, evolution, the history of migration, reality. The game is lost already when you act like they deserve a real answer. They know the answer. In case it wasn't obvious enough, they're lying.

fart town usa

Gold Member
As a white kid in the suburbs I was a huge fan of Sister Sister, Family Matters, The Cosby Show, Keenan and Kel, Fresh Prince, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, etc. Not once did I say to myself, "where's all the white people!?!?!?" They were good shows and I liked the characters.

Some people are so insanely brainwashed they act like you can't enjoy something for it's own merits. They approach it with a checklist of their own biases and if it doesn't meet them, well then clearly the team behind it are a bunch of filthy racists. It's beyond absurd.

Based on Square's answer to the IGN's shallow and ridiculous question, I'll buy the game day 1 to show support.

Best to just ignore these idiots at this point. The answer he gave is the obvious answer for anyone that's got a functioning brain and is aware of history, evolution, the history of migration, reality. The game is lost already when you act like they deserve a real answer. They know the answer. In case it wasn't obvious enough, they're lying.

Well for the sake of historical records, when our great-grandchildren crawl through the archives to see if there was ever outright pushback against some of this absolute stupidity, they will have things like this thread to pull from 😁

As a white kid in the suburbs I was a huge fan of Sister Sister, Family Matters, The Cosby Show, Keenan and Kel, Fresh Prince, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, etc. Not once did I say to myself, "where's all the white people!?!?!?" They were good shows and I liked the characters.

Some people are so insanely brainwashed they act like you can't enjoy something for it's own merits. They approach it with a checklist of their own biases and if it doesn't meet them, well then clearly the team behind it are a bunch of filthy racists. It's beyond absurd.

Based on Square's answer to the IGN's shallow and ridiculous question, I'll buy the game day 1 to show support.

Exactly. I loved all of those shows (well, not Cosby Show but that was before my time) but also loved Boy Meets World and not only thought Shawn was just really cool, but could relate with him, despite not being a white kid. Or being infatuated with DBZ despite not being Japanese.

And keep in mind, when some of these people try and call up the importance of "representation" they use children as the example, but seem to think children are as dumb as them and only feel representation is skin-deep.

I'm definitely gonna be picking this up, out of genuine interest. But, their answers to questions like from the IGN person are nice sprinkles on top ;)

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
IGN quite frankly sucks balls most of the time and baits with bullshit like this all the time. Take a look at a line from their recent review of Andor Episode 9:

In placing white characters always on the side of wielding power, it presents a stark reflection of our own world and its history of persecution.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Then later on:

Her conversations with Vel are particularly poignant as two powerful women trying to make their male-dominated galaxy a better place.

Looking at who wrote the review though, it's no surprise to see bullshit like this in a Star Wars Andor review

20220706_140010_2-1660692581052.jpg

Hugare

I'm so glad that there's still people in such high positions as Yoshida here standing their ground when it comes to their artistic vision

If I want to make a fantasy game with only black characters, or white characters, or alien characters ... People shouldnt care. It's fantasy, ffs.

At least those idiots arent bitching about Thor not being black or Odin being a man in Ragnarok

No one bitched about the lack of western representation in Ghost of Tsushima or the lack of other minorities in Black Panter

Last edited:

Gaiff

Gold Member
Because there are about a million other shows with white characters? What is that supposed to even mean?

As for OP, I do think it's cool to have representation but not much more than that. It's not mandatory and I won't lose sleep over not having it or go into a crusade to demand it.

IGN quite frankly sucks balls most of the time and baits with bullshit like this all the time. Take a look at a line from their recent review of Andor Episode 9:

In placing white characters always on the side of wielding power, it presents a stark reflection of our own world and its history of persecution.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Then later on:

Her conversations with Vel are particularly poignant as two powerful women trying to make their male-dominated galaxy a better place.

Looking at who wrote the review though, it's no surprise to see bullshit like this in a Star Wars Andor review

20220706_140010_2-1660692581052.jpg

I'm not even trying to be offensive but, are they a guy or a girl? It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of life but, there's always an interesting correlation between the people who write those kinds of reviews and a decent many having a pretty androgynous look to them (and not the good kind that at least some folks would say is appealing/attractive).

Or certain wild hair colors and cut styles.

Or taking pics that make them look somewhat crazy.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Because there are about a million other shows with white characters? What is that supposed to even mean?

As for OP, I do think it's cool to have representation but not much more than that. It's not mandatory and I won't lose sleep over not having it or go into a crusade to demand it.
It means even as a kid I wasn't a shallow dipshit who viewed people through a color spectrum.

Piss off with your shit reply.

Gaiff

Gold Member
It means even as a kid I wasn't a shallow dipshit who viewed people through a color spectrum.
That doesn't make you a shallow dipshit. A white kid from the burbs surrounded by white people with a million white TV shows doesn't wonder why there are no white people in a handful of TV shows (that have white people anyway). Big whoop. Apparently, a kid from an ethnic minority not seeing anybody that looks like him anywhere is a shallow dipshit. Amazing take.
Piss off with your shit reply.
And he's already triggered. Your reply is just dumb and shortsighted. Don't get mad at me for that.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

This is why it doesn't do these developers any good to talk with overtly woke outlets. Even if you give reasonable responses, if it's not the response they want from you, you end up being vilified. In today's age, devs can connect directly with their audience. There's no need to use an intermediary, especially ones that want to push their agenda down people's throats.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Horrible.

I'm not a white man, and even I can understand the artistic vision of the director and totally accept this reasoning. Diversity and inclusion are very good things, but it's not something that you should force, especially at the expense of narrative and artistic vision.

If it fits, excellent. If it doesn't, no problem. There are stories where white protagonists wouldn't make sense (e.g., Black Panther) and male protagonists wouldn't make sense (e.g., Charlie's Angels). It's fine. Every character, every decision, and every device is there in the service of the story and the narrative. Nothing shall compromise that.

Metnut

It was a fair question to ask Yoshi and he gave a thoughtful answer. Crying like a petulant child because you don’t like the answer is typical of ResetEra.

Imagine being a leftist or a hardcore right winger and just checking whether there’s too many or too little white people in each game and going nuts every time the % isn’t what you want. Sounds awful to me. Sad people.

Last edited:
This is somewhat nostalgic to FF15 when the director had to keep explaining that the female character was definitely not a 'damsel in distress' in almost every western interview.

Go_Ly_Dow

Japanese developers should continue doing the opposite of what they're asking for. These mental framework these activists live in is distorted.

Its great that Final Fantasy XVI will be based on sort of classical Europe that people respect in this genre, but is sadly dying with the fetish for diversity of skin colour.

spons

Gold Member
What's interesting in my mind is that people on ResetEra always claim you should 'do it yourself'. No conservatives opinions allowed on YouTube? Then make your own YouTube-like site. No radical left-wing podcasts on Spotify anymore? Just make your own Spotify clone where they can vent. Yet when it comes to diversity and representation, every game, movie and series should follow their rules.

Here's an idea: if you don't like the way FF XVI is going, make your own game. Doing otherwise is just sheer hypocrisy after years of complaining about services and people.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That forum is a modern encapsulation of what trying to capitalize on shit from years ago here drags the worse members there. Triggered and no room for argument or cancelled. Just like how stupid it is in the modern world.

You can't have constructive debate or else if I said even what I'm saying now, I'd be banned. Think about how ridiculous that is.

The forum is full of tricksters, hoodlum scallywags, bed wetter's, and more people who I would never associate with.

Klosshufvud

Eh, could've just responded, "Yes there will be diversity, in more ways than one. I can't say more without spoiling the game contents".

And with that, everyone would shut up. The interviewer was baiting hard and could've easily been side stepped.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I hate diversity for diversity's sake but if they want to make an accurate portrayal of that place and time, it may not be diverse. The Witcher and Kingdom Come Deliverance did not have many people of color.

Should they just throw a person of color in there just to appease people. Would that cause more outrage?

But then again, do ANY Japanese games have diverse characters? Black characters? I don't recall many.

Klosshufvud

I hate diversity for diversity's sake but if they want to make an accurate portrayal of that place and time, it may not be diverse. The Witcher and Kingdom Come Deliverance did not have many people of color.

Should they just throw a person of color in there just to appease people. Would that cause more outrage?

But then again, do ANY Japanese games have diverse characters? Black characters? I don't recall many.
The more relevant question is; Are the characters depicted in FF16 actually caucasian white? I'm fairly certain that anime has characters that look white to us but that they identify as Japanese/Asian-looking. Can be a massive case of unintentional racism by the interviewer.

kiphalfton

Op you should change your user title to "Gossip Girl"

Who GAF what they're saying over on era, let alone going in depth and quoting them.

Keep that trash out.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Era gonna era, best to just ignore them. I don't mind his response.
That being said, it would be cool to see more black characters in FF17 whenever that comes out.

Last edited:
To be fair there were many Blacks in Medieval Europe on the Christian and Muslim ends. To the point where there's statues of Saint Maurice, and people painting themselves in black face because of folklore revolving around black Christian converts.

There were also Arabs in parts of Medieval Europe too.

With that said, that is way beyond the basic historical knowledge of most people who think about medieval Europe, especially when looking at the sensationalized media portraying it or basic history education in the 90s or earlier where most of these developers are getting their ideas from, so it makes sense why they wouldn't have though to add diversity. Context is key.

Artificial diversity which means add them because we need numbers, which is ironically actually less diverse and more racists than who the protestors are protesting against, is not real diversity.

As such, one would have to be in an intellectually deficient echo chamber without being aware of their surroundings, or being self-ware about themselves, in order to come to a negative conclusion about this without them being (ironically) racists and number crunchers themselves, and you would have to be incredibly emotional and lacking in basic critical thinking structure to even be mad or attack others over this, what kind of place would have to exist in order t-

Oh yeah, that forum, nevermind. Nothing new here moving on. .

Needlecrash

I'm Black. I don't care about representation. Good character development is more important than what they look like. Although, Jacob from Mass Effect 2 was a great character (they all were honestly). Also, such a loaded question when there have been black characters in Final Fantasy games before. See Kiros from FF8, Barrett from FF7, Olan and the black Thief enemies from Chapter 3 and 4 from FFT. FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHIT IGN.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Video games are too harsh of a scene for people who can't handle the fact that Japan has a different cultural perspective. Go cover something safely middle class, white and male dominated instead, where you don't have to deal with people from different backgrounds. Like board games or something.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Upon thinking (for 38 seconds) about this I have some solution

The whites can have a white Ghandi for 2 black William Wallace Braveheart spinoffs

2 white Shafts in trade for 1 black Powder movie

And I was saving this one for when things got tense but the black race will trade OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson, and Prince in exchange for Kim Kardashian, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Jessica Simpson.

Roxkis_ii

Gold Member
I think this is what happens when you don't have any real problems in your life, you get upset that a fantasy game set in mid evil Europe doesn't have black people. What a waste of energy.

You know, I don't recall outrage of a lack of Black or even Chinese people in Japan, when Sony came out with that E3 in 2006 and showed authentic japanese history. Where Samurai and magic wizards had to attack giant enemy crabs.

On their weak points of course, for massive damage.

Also I didn't see any Black or White drivers in RIDDGGEEE RAACCEERRR either, and that was also Japanese history and no one said a thing.

Fbh

I always love the obnoxious American centric mentality of woke people. They are so "open minded" but seemingly can't comprehend that the entire world doesn't revolve around social issues and racial tension in america.
Imagine a Japanese publication invites over someone from Santa Monica to talk about GOW Ragnarok or from 343 to talk about Halo and they start pestering them about the lack of Ainu and Ryukyuan minority character in their games

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Horrible.

I'm not a white man, and even I can understand the artistic vision of the director and totally accept this reasoning. Diversity and inclusion are very good things, but it's not something that you should force, especially at the expense of narrative and artistic vision.

If it fits, excellent. If it doesn't, no problem. There are stories where white protagonists wouldn't make sense (e.g., Black Panther) and male protagonists wouldn't make sense (e.g., Charlie's Angels). It's fine. Every character, every decision, and every device is there in the service of the story and the narrative. Nothing shall compromise that.
If Black Panther was written by a japanese it would most probably be set on a predominantly white skinned place... I've seen these people getting mad at absurd things like "a child miss-gendered me" (literally a person crying on an internet video saying that lol), come on, can't they see context surrounding the facts at least?

fart town usa

Gold Member
To be fair there were many Blacks in Medieval Europe on the Christian and Muslim ends. To the point where there's statues of Saint Maurice, and people painting themselves in black face because of folklore revolving around black Christian converts.

There were also Arabs in parts of Medieval Europe too.

With that said, that is way beyond the basic historical knowledge of most people who think about medieval Europe, especially when looking at the sensationalized media portraying it or basic history education in the 90s or earlier where most of these developers are getting their ideas from, so it makes sense why they wouldn't have though to add diversity. Context is key.

Artificial diversity which means add them because we need numbers, which is ironically actually less diverse and more racists than who the protestors are protesting against, is not real diversity.

As such, one would have to be in an intellectually deficient echo chamber without being aware of their surroundings, or being self-ware about themselves, in order to come to a negative conclusion about this without them being (ironically) racists and number crunchers themselves, and you would have to be incredibly emotional and lacking in basic critical thinking structure to even be mad or attack others over this, what kind of place would have to exist in order t-

Oh yeah, that forum, nevermind. Nothing new here moving on. .
Solid post.

For whatever reason, made me think of this, lol. I would love to see a character like Azeem in this new FF title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom