• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Comedian Tries To Prove Women Are Funny...By Doing Set As A Man.

Keihart

To make a crowd laugh that it's not your crowd requires focus, commitment and sheer fucking will.
I can't help but laugh at Aubrey Plaza for example, she seems to be really good at improv and timming, no idea if she ever wrote standup tho.

There are oceans of unfunny people doing stand up tho, it's not hard to find the unfunny ones whatever their gender might be.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My problem with women comics is that they always talk about their fucking period or vaginas that being said unlike OP, I respect women!

cryptoadam

Banned
A lot of comedy is making fun of relatable and every day situations.

A chick talking about her period or being pregnant or some bad date wont land with dudes as much because we cant relate.

I am sure chicks probably dont find Dice or penis/fart jokes as funny either.

Great comics can cross over and will generally use racism since everyone finds racism funny.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't find women usually funny either. Men are funnier in general.
Damn. Why are most comedians not funny?

Looks at Jerry Seinfeld.
I feel the same. I've seen my share of stand up acts and the number of laughs I do aren't too many. And the ones I do almost all come from the raunchier 10pm or later shows where if it's some loud sexist or racist jokes it could be funny. Or when the comedian was making fun of the Chinese waitress serving drinks to the crowd. Haha. That guy was funny.

Do the friendly 7 or 8 pm show and there's been times I didn't laugh once.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A lot of comedy is making fun of relatable and every day situations.

A chick talking about her period or being pregnant or some bad date wont land with dudes as much because we cant relate.

I am sure chicks probably dont find Dice or penis/fart jokes as funny either.

Great comics can cross over and will generally use racism since everyone finds racism funny.
Ya.

The funniest stuff in life doesn't even come from comedians practicing for months in front of a mirror. It's from being with friends and family and someone is making fun of something real, in real time, and natural.

Some idiot on stage telling the same joke for the past 50 stand up shows about how on the weekend he went to the hardware store and got his cock caught in a saw is not funny.

He didn't go anywhere on the weekend, he didn't go to a hardware store, and his cock didn't get cut off.

Being a comedian is Really tough and the amount of rejection, low wages, and struggling to find your groove will put women at a disadvantage in the West. This isn’t acceptable use of time if you have family goals.

I haven’t seen a funny female comedian in a while. Maybe it’s a lack of talent all around for women but I think the lifestyle is a real barrier to entry which leads to being lazy.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
There is a female comedian in Sydney that cracks me up.

llien

When has she ever been funny?
I have only seen her, when she was funny (one needs to state that I don't watch TV that often, German in particular).

There are numerous successful female comics in USSR/ post USSR era, I don't know why it is so problematic in the US, perhaps american comics take the "glass ceiling" nonsense at its face value..

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Aubrey Plaza is the only funny woman i can think off, i dont know if she even does stand up but her interviews are funny
I've been watching Parks&Rec and Damn... she is hot as fuck. She is like a spice come to life or something. Such a unique beauty. Love how airheaded her April character is.

UnNamed

Banned
There's nothing worse than a woman who's trying to be funny, see how many girl youtubers are just embarassing.

Fun should be natural, some girls are naturally funny, and when this happen they are really funny. But most of them are only cringe.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Gen Fricker? Nina Oyama? Yumi Stynes?

I know there are some but for the life of me I can't remember a single name.

I tried finding some of her act on youtube but she isnt big enough I think. But its her:

highrider

Banned
In my experience women are funny, but definitely far less so than men. Women tend to be funny in skit comedy or just in day to day social situations. I’ve seen women that are decent at stand up, but never at the level of the males. I also never see comedic lead women anymore in shows. Back in the day you had Mary Tyler Moore, Carol Burnett, Lily Tomlin etc.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

lol what? why? there are a ton of hilarious female stand ups out there. why did she feel she needed to amke a statement? this is so stupid

Top Bottom