• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Comedian Tries To Prove Women Are Funny...By Doing Set As A Man.

tenor.gif

She only proved she wasn’t funny, but I haven’t seen a single female comedian who was funny either.. doesn’t mean they don’t exist, just means I haven’t seen one yet.

Riven326

Banned
Women aren't funny. Men are funny because it's the easiest way to get a woman to like you. Men already like women. There's no need to make us laugh. It's literally evolution. Why can't these idiots accept It? They remind me of Christian evangelicals.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Women aren't funny. Men are funny because it's the easiest way to get a woman to like you. Men already like women. There's no need to make us laugh. It's literally evolution. Why can't these idiots accept It? They remind me of Christian evangelicals.

but some women are funnier than some men ?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's like the WNBA and the NBA. The best women just aren't as good as the best men. It's not that they're not funny but they don't really stick around as big names.

Plus the funniest women aren't good at standup or they just don't do it. You'll never see Tina Fey do stand up but she's funnier than the vast majority of men because she excels at writing scripted scenes.

Calcium

Banned
Aside from her being a horrible comedian, the part that struck me as funny is at the end of the video where the husband/boyfriend is desperately trying to console her and keeps telling her how much better she is as a woman. Dude is fucking terrified she is going to transition probably.

-Arcadia-

Banned

This is mostly true.

Adding a bit to it, I would say that women and men (think the 'pretty boy' stereotype) lavished with attention and praise, for nothing, rarely have much to them, in humor, intelligence, or anything remotely interesting to say.

For whatever reason, it seems to be a struggle to create a personality under those conditions.

I think, however, that isn't universal to either gender. Both have the capability to be funny. Do they have the life experience, individuality, and cognitive capability to reach it? Not if they've been spoiled their entire lives.

A supermodel that's been queen bee of her high school through to the Karens, her entire life, probably isn't going to be able to tell you a joke. A more down-to-Earth girl? The Tina Feys of the world? More likely.

You fuckers are being so bigoted here. Women aren't funny? Seriously?

Have you ever seen one try to do math? It's hilarious!
I laughed

But I did meet some very intelligent women from my Math and Engineering programs

I have NEVER met a funny woman though

Meowzers

UK/Irish female comedians are funny.

Sarah Millican
Angela Barnes
Sue Perkins
Aisling Bea
Roisin Conaty
Miranda Hart
Cariad Lloyd
Jenny Eclair
Jo Brand

Enjoy them all on UK panel shows. Just like male comedians, there's some duds, but these are all good.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I think people were clued in when he couldn’t stop talking about the bad date he had last night and how his vagina felt afterwards. They just didn’t want to be transphobic.

Women doing comedy: "Men's penises are sooo small... so... Let's talk about vagina"

That's literally it.

Except Joan Rivers, that woman was a Goddess

Never forget

Last edited:
damn I honestly thought "there's no funny female comics" was like an old stereotype from like the Bush years... I mean. You guys are listing Lisa Lampenilli and Wanda Sykes like... what year is this?? a lot of y'all are missing out

Stand-ups with specials or albums available off the top of my head that make me die laughing -- Chelsea Peretti, Maria Bamford, Marcella Arguello, Debra DiGiovanni, Nicole Byer, Issa Rae, Karen Kilgariff, Tig Notaro, Akilah Hughes, Patti Harrison, Vanessa Bayer, Melissa Villasenor, Cecily Strong, Maya Rudolph

Sketch/narrative comedy with hilarious female comedian performances/writing/creating -- Search Party, Broad City, Three Busy Debras, Big Mouth

brap

Banned
damn I honestly thought "there's no funny female comics" was like an old stereotype from like the Bush years... I mean. You guys are listing Lisa Lampenilli and Wanda Sykes like... what year is this?? a lot of y'all are missing out

Stand-ups with specials or albums available off the top of my head that make me die laughing -- Chelsea Peretti, Maria Bamford, Marcella Arguello, Debra DiGiovanni, Nicole Byer, Issa Rae, Karen Kilgariff, Tig Notaro, Akilah Hughes, Patti Harrison, Vanessa Bayer, Melissa Villasenor, Cecily Strong, Maya Rudolph

Sketch/narrative comedy with hilarious female comedian performances/writing/creating -- Search Party, Broad City, Three Busy Debras, Big Mouth

You must be a man because you're cracking me the fuck up

Skyr

The cringe almost killed me.

Why do they always try to force this useless female propaganda shit?

In Germany we have a lot of funny female comedians. My favorite is at the moment "Carolin Kebekus"

"A lot"

Carolin is funny but a total exception to the rule.

GeorgPrime

Banned
The cringe almost killed me.

"A lot"

Carolin is funny but a total exception to the rule.

I watch like 3-4 male comedians i like. The same goes for woman. I dont watch the rest.

There are over 20 female comedians i know and.... in contradiction to the video there.... i know less male comedians.

A lot of male comedians arent funny too.

The rest is based on taste. If you think that only Carolin Kebekus is funny it may be that you just share the same taste.

Last edited:
Top Bottom