• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fellow GOG costumers, what games would you like to see appear on the store?

Titles I'd like to see become completely DRM-free:

Hexen
Heretic
The Command & Conquer-series
Max Payne 1 and 2
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Grand Theft Auto I - IV
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill 2
Unreal Tournament III
Resident Evil Origins Collection

Unlikely, but you never know...

Half-Life 1 and 2

Fbh

tenor.gif

Fuck DRM and the glorified renting that is most digital "ownership".

Shotpun

1. Severance: Blade of Darkness

They had that for a while, don't know why they had to take it down. Some dumb legal rights mess again probably.

To answer the question EVERYTHING is of course the correct answer, but here's a list of games that have no physical release and are on other digital stores but not on GOG that I would buy from GOG if they could sell them:

- Cities Skylines
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (has physical release but still requires Steam)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Dishonored (has physical release but still requires Steam)
- Dishonored 2
- Doom 2016
- Mass Effect Trilogy (they have physical releases but not one that comes with all DLC content)
- Metro Exodus
- Prey
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The list used to be longer before I started collecting physical releases, though I might still buy games like Aliens vs Predator 2 and Command & Conquer from GOG if they got them just to support them.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So many - GOG's curation is frustrating. I'd wanna see the usual suspects like the shmups that never came out on there, I'd want to see more stuff from Japanese devs like Spike Chunsoft, for example; and I would like to see them make inroads with bigger publishers on some slightly older games. Is Dark Souls: Remastered really too much to ask? Or hell, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory?

I would like to see more Japanese games to go on GOG. I've been buying Falcom's games from GOG over Steam, but I would like to see SEGA, Square, Bandai, Capcom, and Koei to bring their stuff over there, too.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The Dune rts's(sp?) The only rts games I could ever get into for whatever reason. I guess because i'm a fan of the source material but it felt a lot simpler than other rts games I've tried since. Also give me that second Alien Vs Predator game. And Blade Runner

Furozen

1. Classic games from Monolith Productions: Claw, Get Medieval, Gruntz, Sanity: Aiken's Artifact, No One Lives Forever series & Aliens versus Predator 2.

2. More titles from Japanese publishers: SEGA, Square Enix, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Koei Tecmo, Spike Chunsoft, Konami etc. GOG is missing a lot of their games.

Barnabot

Almost thought you were part of GOG staff asking us :pie_roffles: .

Well here you go:

Need for Speed Rivals
Tales of Berseria
Grid Autosport
The Surge 2
Dark Souls 3
Codevein
Spider Man Shattered Dimensions
Transformers : Fall of Cybertron
Transformers: Devastation
Vanquish
Blur
Split Second
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Deadpool
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign

I know it's a nonsensical list but you asked for that

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
The No One Lives Forever games, but that'll probably never happen.
You beat me to it.

The sad thing is, I used to own NOLF on disk. One day I swapped some games with a mate (temporarily) and then we eventually drifted apart and I never got the games back.

He got NOLF, Diablo II
I got: Deus Ex, Civ III, Red Faction

I think I lost that swap. The games I got are all available today digitally. The games he got aren’t. How’s the luck?

petran79

Banned
Samurai Shodown 2 + Fatal Fury pc port (CD audio)
Puzzle Bubble pc ports (2,3,4 + super)
Mister Driller 1+2
Metal Slug Anthology PC version
Dynablaster (DOS Bomberman pc engine port)
Kof99 Dreamcast pc port
TMNT Manhattan Missions (1991 DOS game with more mature tone based on the comic)

I would like to see more Japanese games to go on GOG. I've been buying Falcom's games from GOG over Steam, but I would like to see SEGA, Square, Bandai, Capcom, and Koei to bring their stuff over there, too.

SEGA would be great...

Crazy Taxi
Jet Set Radio
NiGHTS Into Dreams
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Shenmue I & II
Valkyrie Chronicles

Capcom (outside of the Resident Evil games):

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Devil May Cry 4 and HD Collection
Ōkami HD

...to name a few...

I would like to see Sega get a bunch of their classic DOS and Windows 9X ports on PC. Also, that Metal Gear Solid 1 port that was done by Microsoft.

Allandor

Star Trek: A Final Unity
Star Trek: Bridgecommander
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (well, that game wasn't that good, but it had the right atmosphere)
Star Trek: Elite Force 1&2
Heretic 2
C&C (fixed, without crashing)
NOLF 1&2
Blade Runner (DVD-Version)
x-files (DVD-Version)
Tender loving Care (DVD-Version without needed mpeg2-card)
and much much more

Somoza

-Sega Rally 1-CE-2 and Daytona Usa
-Final Fantasy 7 without the stupid squenix drm that needs to connect to their servers. If that's not a classic i dont know what it is, but the need to connect online to be able to play will suck in a couple years-decades.
-SONIC R Yes, i am one of those who like the music.
-The Sonic Megacollection Plus that appeared on retrail but didnt on online stores.
-The classic resident evil and resident evil 2 and 3 releases (better if these are the Sourcenext releases with improvements)
- Also Dino Crisis and Dino Crisis 2 pc releases but fully compatible with modern os.
-Megaman Legends wich had a pc version but nowhere to be found nowadays. I am semi-sure 2 had also a pc version but only in japan.

Heck, while we are at it, a full Capcom Horror collection with resi1,2,3 and the 2 dino crisis. I would pay 30 for it to have it on a pendrive without drm.

hFviV2z.jpg
mHFK2za.jpg

Last edited:

Mokus

American McGee's Alice
Alice Madness Returns
StarCraft I - II
Need for Speed - Most Wanted 2005 (very unlikely because music license)

Top Bottom