• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feliz Día de la Independencia de México! Come celebrate with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSM25

This date is of great importance for Mexicans and I'm super proud of being one but, hate to be that guy, there is nothing to celebrate. Corruption, massacres, drug war, the dollar is almost $20, journalist are being censored or killed and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. To celebrate today is to approve of all the things listed above and accept Peña's legitimize.

I'm with you, not feeling like I should be celebrating...

SalvaPot

Does jarochoGAF exist?
Also, someone hook my avatar up with that sweet mustache.

por favor

Here you go!
5ErrtBw.png

Ah, Veracruz, one of the few states I have yet to visit, maybe this holidays I´ll get my chance.

Indeed it is, Jalisco is IMO the best state, we have our own flag, greatest weather, greatest food, cultural origin of Mexico, Chapala, Tequila, Vallarta, and of course La Perla Tapatia. I love it and my life is relatively nice and I feel safe here, we have one of the best public university only behind UNAM and IPN, there is also a lot of job opportunities in the field I love (IT) and I could go on and on but just because I have it good I feel like I can't ignore all the things that are happening to other people in other states, we're all Mexcians after all and we should be helping each other out but the traitors that "represent" us make it harder to do that. And yes fortunately, on the local level, we have a little more hope.
When I was graduating high school (La prepa) I was really close to going to Guadalajara to study at ITESO, thiiiiis close. Finally I decided against it because I didn´t want to break up with my girlfriend. Its been 6 years since then, we are still together.

Alebrije

Nothing to celebrate

ayotizinapa_tlatlaya_PRI_ES_EL_CRIMEN_ORGANIZADO_ASESINOS_EPN_PEN%25CC%2583A_NIETO%2B1.jpg

Corruption everywhere from president to governors .....

60 millions below poverty line....including 2 more millions this year.

Yep, nothing to celebrate

Ha, the classic right wing argument that "we have to change ourselves first before we change the government" and "everyone is corrupt". No friend, I am not corrupt and Mexicans weren't born corrupt, everyone that says that always does it to justify their crimes. Is it too much to ask daddy government to do their job? We pay them a fortune after all, its also the law but nope "we have to change ourselves first" according to you. And I am owning up to their faults by not forgetting them or ignoring the problems. Dude, just have fun watching your daddy Duarte tonight and forgetting that he bankrupted your state.
Hah okay, assumptions all around, "you don't agree with me so you must be a right winger!". If I were a Duarte lover I wouldn't be right wing wouldn't I? Empty attacks is all you got. You missed the point that it was the people of your state who voted Aristoteles in, perhaps you need to sit down and talk to them? Kumamoto did, what's stopping you, besides complaining on the internet?

And for a bankrupted state, not bad leading the aerospace and manufacturing industry investment. I know I know, bu but violence! Hey, let me celebrate the good things.

Hah okay, assumptions all around, "you don't agree with me so you must be a right winger!". If I were a Duarte lover I wouldn't be right wing wouldn't I? Empty attacks is all you got. You missed the point that it was the people of your state who voted Aristoteles in, perhaps you need to sit down and talk to them? Kumamoto did, what's stopping you, besides complaining on the internet?

And for a bankrupted state, not bad leading the aerospace and manufacturing industry investment. I know I know, bu but violence! Hey, let me celebrate the good things.

So because I'm not a politician like Kumamoto (he's such a bro, I agree) I'm not allowed to complain? I wasn't old enough to vote when Aristoteles ran for governor, otherwise I would have voted against him and also, you know damn right that the elections were fraudulent and he along with Peña were imposed on us. I also have convinced my family to vote for the left or at least nullify their vote, to inform themselves through other sources and yeah to stop watching Televisa. Chihuahua isn't even in the same leagues as Nuevo Leon, DF, Mexico, Baja and Jalisco to even make a point about stability. The only recent good thing to come out of Chihuahua is Javier Corral. If you aren't for the right then what are you for? Or do you not care at all, not care about what happens to your fellow country man and women so long as you're good?

Feliz dia mi culo peludo.

TJ here. Simply a symbolic gesture, but I'll celebrate when the ultra-fucked population of the country can enjoy the meager luxuries that others such as us can afford.

Perhaps it's a completely unhealthy mentality to take out of the personal spectrum of the tired or angry mexican and place it on a societal level where the dark discomfort is more apparent.

Perhaps that's what we need. I don't know, I was never a cheerful patriot to begin with so I guess I have a bias.

Sorry for being another party pooper, SalvaPot, but this is what my heart is telling me maaaaan. BTW, we should exchange PMs, we could hook up and do whatever cool hip Tijuana people do.

oni_saru

All the best to my Mex Bros here <3
Don't forget the Mex sistas Bla! ;)

Saw El Grito featuring the Ballet Folclórico de México de Amalia Hernandez yesterday in H-town.

Beautiful dances. The spirit was great. So many celebrating and yelling Viva Mexico. It was great!

Don't forget the Mex sistas Bla! ;)

Saw El Grito featuring the Ballet Folclórico de México de Amalia Hernandez yesterday in H-town.

Beautiful dances. The spirit was great. So many celebrating and yelling Viva Mexico. It was great!
Best ballet, it really is a treat. That's the attitude!

jmdajr

Nothing to celebrate

ayotizinapa_tlatlaya_PRI_ES_EL_CRIMEN_ORGANIZADO_ASESINOS_EPN_PEN%25CC%2583A_NIETO%2B1.jpg

Corruption everywhere from president to governors .....

60 millions below poverty line....including 2 more millions this year.

Yep, nothing to celebrate

Feel same. My hometown is a shithole. Bad times.

Can't take away our good food though! Well to those who can afford it!

The date is a celebration of the independence, not a celebration of how great we're not-doing. Thanks for shitting up the thread, fellow mexigaffers.

Eh, at least we got a google doodle.

And since we're pointing fingers and armchair analyzing, let's never forget this genocidal despot:
Qk7owOs.jpg

Look, I can hyperbole too.

Foreign investment

Leading states, exports

Aerospace

Yeah, you are clueless about my state. Considering our respective population...

All states have experienced growth in those areas and its great Chihuahua is leading, yet here is the ranking of each state by total GDP:

Chihuahua is not even in the top 10 states. But whatever, lest stop this state wars and agree to disagree on the situation of the country.

Viewt

Ahh, so that's why there were all of those Mexican flags out in my neighborhood. Cool.

Mexican food is fucking amazing, so thanks for that, Mexico. Also, thanks for my abuela! She's pretty great.

The date is a celebration of the independence, not a celebration of how great we're not-doing. Thanks for shitting up the thread, fellow mexigaffers.

Eh, at least we got a google doodle.

And since we're pointing fingers and armchair analyzing, let's never forget this genocidal despot:
Qk7owOs.jpg

Look, I can hyperbole too.

That's what the cool kids do in Mexico, diss their own country and complain, doing absolutely nothing about it and even helping make things worts.

Anyway....

¡VIVA MÉXICO!

Estábamos mejor con Calderón

All states have experienced growth in those areas and its great Chihuahua is leading, yet here is the ranking of each state by total GDP:
Chihuahua is not even in the top 10 states. But whatever, lest stop this state wars and agree to disagree on the situation of the country.
Makes sense, since our population is much lower. Yet, per capita and per population the story changes, making us the 4th and 5th state, respectively. Not only is Chihuahua on the same league of the states you mentioned, it surpasses them in many metrics, but you're right, pissing contests will only take us so far.

inegi said:
inegi said:

Anyway, the military parade starts in about 20 mins, here's a livestream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4yKvJkYLW8

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
¡Viva México, cabrones!

Wish I were there. :(

EDIT: Doesn't surprise me to see so many people taking a negative attitude despite the date. I understand it, even though I do not share the sentiment.

SalvaPot

Feliz dia mi culo peludo.

TJ here. Simply a symbolic gesture, but I'll celebrate when the ultra-fucked population of the country can enjoy the meager luxuries that others such as us can afford.

Perhaps it's a completely unhealthy mentality to take out of the personal spectrum of the tired or angry mexican and place it on a societal level where the dark discomfort is more apparent.

Perhaps that's what we need. I don't know, I was never a cheerful patriot to begin with so I guess I have a bias.

Sorry for being another party pooper, SalvaPot, but this is what my heart is telling me maaaaan. BTW, we should exchange PMs, we could hook up and do whatever cool hip Tijuana people do.

Its ok, don´t worry about it =). No one is forced to celebrate if they don´t feel like it, for example, I don´t like celebrating my birthdays.

brau

Is my Spanish that bad?

I thought it'd be feliz indepencia dia de Mexico

yea....

Feliz dia de la independencia de Mexico.

Felicidades a Mexico y su dia de Independencia.

Mexico! Felicidades en este dia de Independencia.

Hoy celebramos la independencia de Mexico! Felicidades!!

i dunno... any variation i can think of, and yours doesn't come up. Coincidence?

Zibrahim

yea....

Feliz dia de la independencia de Mexico.

Felicidades a Mexico y su dia de Independencia.

Mexico! Felicidades en este dia de Independencia.

Hoy celebramos la independencia de Mexico! Felicidades!!

i dunno... any variation i can think of, and yours doesn't come up. Coincidence?

It must be a coincidence. As I claimed, I'm an expert Spanish speaker so clearly everyone else is wrong.

Ishida

Banned
Indeed it is, Jalisco is IMO the best state, we have our own flag, greatest weather, greatest food, cultural origin of Mexico, Chapala, Tequila, Vallarta, and of course La Perla Tapatia. I love it and my life is relatively nice and I feel safe here, we have one of the best public university only behind UNAM and IPN, there is also a lot of job opportunities in the field I love (IT) and I could go on and on but just because I have it good I feel like I can't ignore all the things that are happening to other people in other states, we're all Mexcians after all and we should be helping each other out but the traitors that "represent" us make it harder to do that. And yes fortunately, on the local level, we have a little more hope.

Y tenemos las mejores viejas.

Ay Jalisco, no te rajes!

I thought Cinco de Mayo was Mexican Independence Day.
I blame US culture. Somehow Americans celebrate more 5 de Mayo than us in Mexico. May 5th isn't even an official work holiday over here and yet 4 days before on May 1 we have a holiday (Labor Day).

Cinco de Mayo is a second rate holiday. Kinda like flag day (feb 24). We barely remember it when it's around and since it's not a holiday we don't give a shit about it.

Lo sé. Vengan todos lo de Sinaloa, Sonora y Chihuahua! Nos cantamos unos tiros, cabrones!
I ain't even mad, honor a quien honor merece y Jalisco siempre se ha distinguido por sus culazos. Pero en serio, siento que Sonora está en otro nivel.

brau

I blame US culture. Somehow Americans celebrate more 5 de Mayo than us in Mexico. May 5th isn't even an official work holiday over here and yet 4 days before on May 1 we have a holiday (Labor Day).

Cinco de Mayo is a second rate holiday. Kinda like flag day (feb 24). We barely remember it when it's around and since it's not a holiday we don't give a shit about it.

I just think its kinda weird. A battle that was won against the French. Sure. But soon after, French retake Mexico and then establish Maximiliano as emperor and ruler of Mexico. LOL

RM8

I don't get the negativity. No country is devoid of issues, but that doesn't mean there aren't things worth celebrating. Plus I mostly like these celebrations because of the awesome food, not really because of patriotism. Why can't we celebrate the cool things about our culture? Also lol at state wars, Mexican tribalism is brain dead stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom