• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feels fucking awesome being a neutral gamer

kiryu-slapping.gif
Sega ain't stupid it's shit

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I agree. While I find myself defending narrow minded views of the Xbox platform, PlayStation in my mind doesn't need it, I find both brands compelling and I am a fan of both. You can throw Nintendo in there as well.

Just picked up "The Last of Us part II" and "Forbidden West" yesterday for $30 total at Walmart. I'm excited to give them a go.

Fredrik

The fanboy inside me died when Dreamcast died.

Now I play on every platform and I look forward to games on every platform.

Still, preferences exist, and PC is at the top right now for me.

Last edited:

Roberts

I aways try to get all consoles (at least at the end of the gen to play exclusives), but I have one favourite - the one I spend 99% of my time on. I guess I am a fanboy then, but I would not want to be snarky or condescending towards anyone who chose other options. That would reek of some serious small dick energy.

Being able to respect, cheer and appreciate great games irregardless of platform... Playing on different gaming boxes & seeing the good in all coexisting... Never hard-line simping for any corporation... A cut above the ridiculous mental gymnastics of fanboys surrounding recent acquisition/exclusivity deals... Not giving a fuck about console warring... Highly expectant for current/future hardware & software innovations across platforms... Being excited for the future of gaming in 2023 and beyond: Starfield, Redfall, SF6, RE4, ZeldaToTK, FFXVI, Spidey2, Hogwarts Legacy, Baldur's Gate, Forza Motorsport, Alan Wake II, SW:Jedi Survivor... and SO MUCH MORE??!!
mIke74F.gif

SO FUCKING AMPED!!! It's awesome being a gamer! Can't imagine secluding & limiting yourself from the good stuff cuz of fanboyism! We eating good my bros! All Hail Neutral Gaming!!!
Amen brother.
God bless gaming.

Last edited:

NickFire

I wish I had time to play all 3 consoles, but those days are long gone. Best I can do is one primary console with a Switch in the background (that collects dust).

• Empathy
Reactions: TLZ

Thief1987

Are we talking "true" neutral or just platform agnostic? Because fromsoftware cultists for example become much more obnoxious than any platform warrior here

wolywood

Me before getting a PS5: Game Pass truly is the best value in gaming, who wants to pay $90 for a 10 hour walking sim lol, how dare Sony try to block the Activision deal when they have som many exclusives, it's not faaaaair

Me after getting my PS5:
SOG7LjE.jpg

• LOL
I agree. While I find myself defending narrow minded views of the Xbox platform, PlayStation in my mind doesn't need it, I find both brands compelling and I am a fan of both. You can throw Nintendo in there as well.

Just picked up "The Last of Us part II" and "Forbidden West" yesterday for $30 total at Walmart. I'm excited to give them a go.
Enjoy that goodness

Skifi28

I hate all platforms equally, that is the only true neutrality. Having said that, I do have a soft spot for the Ouya. What can I say, we all have our vices.

OP woulda been more honorable to just stfu and stay the course rather than calling it out and patting yourself on the back

Last edited:

anothertech

Owning all best consoles and all subscriptions makes it easy to shit on the ones that suck worse lol

I want all three big guys to have the best of everything.

Nintendo needs to get off their ass with the shitty hardware. Hoping they pull a miracle with switch 2

MS needs to kick themselves in the dick for releasing no noteworthy games for the last year. What in the actual fuck did I buy my series X for. There's only so many indie games I want to play on gamepass.

Sony has the most to lose. Been playing all their regular releases plus the PS4 games I missed last gen with my ps+ sub. Super happy with GoWR and all the PS5 versions of last gen games. Hope they can keep the ball rolling through the generation.

But tldr I agree. Having a 'neutral' stance by owning all the consoles really helps one step back and see clearly.

• Thoughtful

-Zelda-

Banned
I would very much love to own a few Xbox consoles again, because I miss those RPG exclusives from yesteryear (Infinite undiscovery, Blue Dragon, Xbox version of Phantasy Star universe that ran better than the ps2 version, Fable games, Elder Scrolls games going forward, Jade Empire, others)
Sadly, space and money is now at a premium in my apartment, so it will not happen.

It's not that I am a console warrior, but rather I grow tired of system exclusives due to fomo and other issues I have. In fairness, I feel for people who may have the same issue I do, but reversed. Anytime I learn that there is a sony exclusive for something I know Xbox or nintendo players would enjoy, I feel for them.
Sure Zelda and Mario will never be on a non nintendo system, but that does not mean I am going to rub it in peoples faces, either.

JayK47

It is easier to be neutral if you can afford all gaming systems. A million years ago, we could only afford one system. You tend to become a fan of that system since it is the only one you have. Since nobody around here is capable of ignoring others, or placing them on their ignore list, we ban those poor bastards who can only afford one system.

Yeah I enjoy everything, the only issue with me is having the money. If I had it my way I'd have a PC, Xbox, Playstation and Switch. One day, I hope to make that a reality. At the very least, PC Gaming I want to get in to more.

Console wars are a childhood thing when you can only afford one console you want all the best games to be on that console and the arguments stem from schoolyard boasting about 'well my console is better'. I left the console wars behind once I'd gotten a good enough job with a good enough income to afford all of the consoles and I've never looked back.

Now I'm back to not wanting to own all the consoles and I just wish Sony would put their Day and Date releases on PC and I'd be content. Alas I still need to own a Nintendo console but even then I own a switch and my PC is powerful enough to emulate Switch games at 4K and thus I'm happy.

Drell

Every fanboys will tell you they're neutral too, that's too easy... Personally I'm not gonna pretend i'm neutral, I'm just just against Microsoft becasue they have too much money and they proved with other sectors that they can and want monopoly, they are not sane for this industry.

Kumomeme

you know what worse than being tribalism due to console preferences?

become worshipper of important figure in console manufacturer's company. i see people often and easier to get blinded due to this.

It's nuts how many games are out there and coming out across all the genres and passion projects abound. When you think about all the ways to play at home, on the go, solo or with friends/randos it's a bonkers time to love gaming. The game subs wars hopefully continue to greenlight games, studios and indies as consumers benefits from these corporate giants fighting over an ever-growing industry. I'll take more cross play population for the games I love and these corporate entities evolving passed walled-gardens and archaic win-lose market moves into win-win akin to Google/Pixel/Samsung for example.

This past year I/we have played such a variety of games, next year is looking stacked too!

Agreed. Console warring is dumb and immature imo.

I love Zelda, God of War and Halo. I think all three major consoles all have their strengths and weaknesses but are all great.

I don't have issue with any of the consoles and I never did.

Maybe in the past when it was something like Genesis versus TurboGrafx-16 but even then I recognized the latter had good games too

Console wars are a childhood thing when you can only afford one console you want all the best games to be on that console and the arguments stem from schoolyard boasting about 'well my console is better'. I left the console wars behind once I'd gotten a good enough job with a good enough income to afford all of the consoles and I've never looked back.

Now I'm back to not wanting to own all the consoles and I just wish Sony would put their Day and Date releases on PC and I'd be content. Alas I still need to own a Nintendo console but even then I own a switch and my PC is powerful enough to emulate Switch games at 4K and thus I'm happy.
Same here. Got PS5, XOne & PC, but still think it'll be a win for ease of access if games gradually go off exclusivity. Still a long way away from that though. For companies like Nintendo that lock their games, emulation is the only way to play @ a better experience.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Living room: PS5, Switch OLED, Apple TV 4K, Steam Deck on occasion

Home office: Gaming PC, Steam Deck, iPad Pro w/ bluetooth controller (mostly for emulation before the Deck came along, but also because some mobile games are really good these days)

I never understood the tribal need to console war. It looks so unfulfilling and draining for all involved, especially adults.

Top Bottom