• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Features/Settings that ought to be compulsory on consoles games.

rofif

Banned
There's a few of these I thought of that seem reasonable.

Mouse and keyboard support
FOV adjustment
Offline mode
God no mouse and keyboard.
Controller is a one set way for devs to set control scheme and have even playing field for online players.
Fov is personal. I never cared for it.
Offline mode is a must.

I will add:
A way to download patches separately

ZywyPL

Banned
-Chromatic Aberration toggle,
-Motion Blur toggle,
-Grain Filter toggle,
-60FPS mode;
-button layout customization (seriously why it's still so fucking rare?!?),

Those are things on top of my head that take little to no work to implement, yet make a huge difference.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

VRR on PS5
16 AF
Hold instead of Rapid press a button option like Resident Evil 3
Skip QTE option
Controller Key Binding Change
Not using L3 hold for running
Quick resume on PS5 so you won't have to see the company splash logo
Boost Dialogue Audio option to an extra level like 15 compared to other sounds at 10

Isn't it already?

Increased FOV can affect performance, so they wouldn't let players adjust it as they please

Companies believe this can affect their bottom line, so they wouldn't be so kind as to make it compulsory
FOV sliders are included in many games. Cold War has one I believe on console as an example. I prefer a controller for COD, but I still am stuck playing on my RX580 because I want at least a 97 POV.

Also keyboard and mouse support are nowhere close to compulsory. It's only included in a number of games, maybe a few dozen. A weird example though is Valhalla which lets you use a combined controller and mouse scheme which confused my brain to no end.

Last edited:

Mithos

Resolution setting.

Example.
So Re8 cant do 100% 60fps lock when using Ray Tracing in whatever the chosen resolution is, then allow me to lower the resolution until it does.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Bluetooth audio. I love how the Switch now has it, but the PS5 and Series S/X should have this feature right out of the box.

Top Bottom