• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feature Announcement: New Site Embeds

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
We have added several new sites whose links can be embedded directly into your NeoGAF posts. These sites include:

Gyfcat

Twitch clips

Streamable

Kickstarter

TED Talks

Vevo

XboxClips

Xbox DVR

Just place a URL for any of the above sites into your reply and it should be automatically parsed and embedded. Give it a try! As always, if you run into any issues, please let us know!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Browser footprint has been decreased on embeds, too. Shouldn't bog down media-heavy threads as easily, as you can probably see by Palliasso Palliasso 's OP already.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I have one suggestion for this kind of threads announcing updates for the forum. Please stick the thread in the top for better visibility rather than making a normal thread that can get lost with the others threads.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I have one suggestion for this kind of threads announcing updates for the forum. Please stick the thread in the top for better visibility rather than making a normal thread that can get lost with the others threads.

Yeah, we were just talking about this earlier tonight, and concur that visibility on feature/update announcements is too low, but stacking more stickies isn't a great solution. We're currently setting up a dedicated announcement area, though, and integrating it with the navigation. That'll be up soon, as will a bunch of feature and update announcements to put in there. Thanks IP!

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
A few more things:
  • Giphy embeds still have this shell around them. Can this be removed in embeds?
  • I once tried to media a direct MP4 from Giphy but this didn't work. Same for WebM. Is there a possibility that direct links to these sites can be embedded, much like pictures and gifs are already embeddable?
  • Is there a way to disable loading media related stuff and be replaced by a generic banner?
EDIT: Added WebM as it got cut off.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Hell yeah, Xbox DVR. Looks like my “what game are you currently playing” posts will be more interesting.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Yeah, we were just talking about this earlier tonight, and concur that visibility on feature/update announcements is too low, but stacking more stickies isn't a great solution. We're currently setting up a dedicated announcement area, though, and integrating it with the navigation. That'll be up soon, as will a bunch of feature and update announcements to put in there. Thanks IP!

One thing the other site did well was send these types of announcements out as alerts to everyone along with having them in their own dedicated section.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Done. As you've been an outspoken adblock advocate, please consider whitelisting GAF or subbing for GAF gold. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

It has surprised me the quick reaction :messenger_clapping::messenger_clapping::messenger_clapping: and so, i'm not longer using adblock here:messenger_grinning:. For the gold membership more cool features needs to be implement for paying. When is done it and i like it i don't have a problem for paying.

Top Bottom