• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Three, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Fear the Walking Dead returns for the second half of season three on Sunday, September 10 at 9/8c. The third season consists of 16 episodes, the first half of which aired earlier this year. The second half of the season will air across six weeks, with a two episode premiere and a two episode season finale.

The series has already been renewed for a fourth season, to air in the summer of 2018. Current showrunner Dave Erickson will be stepping down to develop new series for AMC and will be replaced by Andrew Chambliss (Once Upon a Time, Dollhouse) and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time, Dead of Summer). Additionally, Scott Gimple, showrunner of The Walking Dead, will board the series as an executive producer.

AMC said:
About the Show

Living in the same universe as The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead is a gritty drama that explores the onset of the undead apocalypse through the lens of a fractured family.

Former enemies must find a way to survive the apocalypse together. Even with an uneasy truce with the Nation, tension mounts inside Broke Jaw Ranch. The militia is dismantled, resources are scarce and the Dead are encroaching. Across what used to be the U.S.-Mexico Border, Daniel is in charge of securing the world's most precious resource and Strand grapples with how far he has fallen.

Cast

• Following the events of the mid-season finale, Madison is now trying her best to keep the truth of Jeremiah Otto's death from his sons and from the ranch.
  • Ofelia is now at a crossroads, alienated from the people she used to call family after having been used by Qaletqa to devastate the Broke Jaw Ranch.
  • Qaletqa Walker is the chief of a Hopi tribe in the Black Hat Reservation. After the death of Jeremiah, his long-standing land conflict with the Otto family appears to be over.

• After murdering Jeremiah Otto to save the ranch, Nick now must bear the burden of having committed such a violent act.
  • Recovering from the injuries she sustained in the season two finale, Luciana abandoned Nick and left the safety of the ranch to set out on her own. Her current wherabouts remain unknown.
  • Travis was tragically killed when a sniper shot down the helicopter that he and Alicia were riding in after escaping from the border patrol station.

• Alicia's alliance and relationship with Jake Otto may crumble if he learns that her brother Nick is really the one who killed his father.
  • Believing his father has sacrificed himself to save everyone, Jake is ostensibly now the leader of the ranch.
  • Unhappy with the ranch's new alliance with Black Hat, Troy is looking for an opportunity break it.

• After burning the wreckage of the Abigail, Strand is forced to move forward into a world that he now realizes has truly ended.
  • In Daniel's mind, the sins of his past have been visited on his wife and his daughter.
  • Since the outbreak, Lola Guerrero has become something of a saint to the people of her city, administering to masses, struggling to provide medicine for the sick and dying.

Videos

Links

Promo Photos

EoJcIgU.jpg

dnWMkyH.png

beGGP5l.png

RbjnvkJ.png

dPpI3Rn.jpg

L+SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 10.1 million viewers and a 4.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 8.2 million viewers and a 4.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 7.2 million viewers and a 3.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 6.6 million viewers and a 3.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 6.9 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 3.0 million viewers and 1.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 3.4 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 3.6 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 3.5 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 3.7 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 3.0 million viewers and 1.3 A18-49 rating

Season Three:

Episode 1: 3.1 million viewers and 1.2 18-49 rating
Episode 2: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 3: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 4: 2.4 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 5: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 6: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 7: 2.6 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
Episode 8: 2.4 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episodes 9 & 10: 2.1 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 11: 2.0 million viewers and 0.7 18-49 rating
Episode 12: 2.0 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 13: 2.4 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
Episode 14: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episodes 15 & 16: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating

jonno394

I haven't started season 3 yet, but needed somewhere to vent as i've just finished season 2, and I've come to the realization that these people are just awful, selfish people. Everywhere they go they leave death and destruction behind them as they only look out for themselves and their family (I guess this is the whole idea of the show though tbf)

A treatment centre with wounded civilians, no problem we'll unleash thousands of walkers on them just so we can get to couple of people.
A mexican fortress, let's kill the owner and burn it to the ground.
A pirate sanctuary where admittedly, there's a lot of bad stuff going on but they seemingly take in survivors every now guess what, leave that looking like it might get taken over by walkers too.
A fortified hotel, let's be idiots and let everyone know where we are then kill several innocent people on our way out, like the one guy there who can provide proper medical assistance to anyone else.

I liked these people during season 1 but i've really grown to hate them all, but i'm still looking forward to season 3!

They are selfish really, and I still think that this serie had more potentional in it... Will tune in for the second part tho. Shame it is just a lesser Walking Dead

barit

Still can believe what they did with Travis this season.
This is the intro of a random episode and now you're dead. Thanks bye. I hope the Showrunners have the balls to keep him dead but we all know that he will pop up back anytime soon.

Yeah the show jumped the shark a long time ago (if it ever had a peak tho). It's so freaking boring and the characters are all stupid and somehow selfish. But I keep watching it because I like the TWD universe and still hope for some crazy crossovers that could happen between the two shows.

Korigama

Still can believe what they did with Travis this season.
This is the intro of a random episode and now you're dead. Thanks bye. I hope the Showrunners have the balls to keep him dead but we all know that he will pop up back anytime soon.
I've yet to see anyone recapped and named in those In Memoriam segments from either show on The Talking Dead brought back to life, with his death having been confirmed outright by the staff in that same episode rather than giving a "maybe he is, maybe he isn't" answer.

Not that it matters to me either way, though. I dropped the show after the two-episode debut for this season (I had wanted to give it one more chance, but that decision pretty much confirmed I had no reason to continue following such an insufferable and dull cast).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Part of me feels I should catch-up with the show, but the other part knows I'll be disappointed in it. For the record, I've only seen Season 1 and the first two episodes of Season 2.

Liked Season 1 actually, was not a fan of the first two episodes of Season 2, and I certainly have heard it doesn't get better. But I haven't followed it super closely, so I may have heard wrong or something.

barit

I've yet to see anyone recapped and named in those In Memoriam segments from either show on The Talking Dead brought back to life, with his death having been confirmed outright by the staff in that same episode rather than giving a "maybe he is, maybe he isn't" answer.

What?!
But there were no corpse or undead Travis when Madison arrived the rocks where he felt out of the copter. I was totally convince he still lives badly wounded hidden somewhere in a cave lol. Then it's even more crazier to send off a protagonist that cheap. Was there any intern wrangling between actor and Showrunners or what the fuck happend? This is fascinating :D

Conflicted now because this comes back the same night The Deuce premiers and that looks so damn good. Might have to catch the 11pm replay of this instead of at 9.

Part of me feels I should catch-up with the show, but the other part knows I'll be disappointed in it. For the record, I've only seen Season 1 and the first two episodes of Season 2.

Liked Season 1 actually, was not a fan of the first two episodes of Season 2, and I certainly have heard it doesn't get better. But I haven't followed it super closely, so I may have heard wrong or something.

Season 2 isn't that great to be honest, but season 3 is a huge step up in quality. It even has a different feel about it like the team behind it all is brand new or something.

jond76

Banned
What?!
But there were no corpse or undead Travis when Madison arrived the rocks where he felt out of the copter. I was totally convince he still lives badly wounded hidden somewhere in a cave lol. Then it's even more crazier to send off a protagonist that cheap. Was there any intern wrangling between actor and Showrunners or what the fuck happend? This is fascinating :D

Ok.
first, there's no way to pinpoint where Travis fell out because the chopper crashed a little later. That would cover a lot of ground. Second, he was shot in the neck AND in the abdomen to the point that his guts were spilled out. Third, he fell from a helicopter mid fight. He's most certainly dead. To answer you other question, I heard he got a role in the Avatar sequels and had to be written out.

All I want is some more heavy urban setting g stuff. I know it doesn't make logical sense from a story or budget standpoint, but dammit...

Excited for this to come back.

Didn't watch the first half but wow Travis is dead?

Interesting I guess.

Nope it wasn't,
Just a dumb random thing that happened in the first episode of the season.

Finally made my way through the end of the horrendous S2,
Watched about 3 episodes of this season and dropped it.

This show makes Walking Dead look like fine art.

Nope it wasn't,
Just a dump random thing that happened in the first episode of the season.

This show makes Walking Dead look like fine art.

They let him go so he could go work on the Avatar movies. I see nothing wrong with that or the way they killed him off. Guess plot armor is more your style. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yikes that bad huh.
Imo yeah, and it had some promise at the start. Hoped it would tell a story about the beginning of the outbreak but it is back at killing 1000 hordes of zombies again..

Don't know if my expectations were wrong but in S1 where there was 1 zombie in the sewers and the fear that gave, I wanted to see more of that moments!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
We don't need to spoiler tag stuff that has aired guys~

Was there any intern wrangling between actor and Showrunners or what the fuck happend? This is fascinating :D

As has been said, he was written off the show so he can star in the 4 new Avatar movies. They could have kept him around for a bit longer, but they wanted to open the season with a bang and send the remaining characters into a spiral.

Conflicted now because this comes back the same night The Deuce premiers and that looks so damn good. Might have to catch the 11pm replay of this instead of at 9.

The pilot for The Deuce is available now On Demand, btw.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two episode premiere is tonight!

Minotaur / The Diviner

In the aftermath of the Clark family's actions, new leadership assumes control of the Ranch; Daniel assists Lola in the distribution of water; with the Ranch dangerously low on resources, Madison and Walker leave in search of a solution; and Nick and Alicia struggle to keep the peace.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I don't know how long I'll keep up with this show. It's just not really interesting.

yeah i don't know why i watch it anymore...i guess i just find it hard to drop a show if i've watched so much of it and part of me hopes it gets better. same for the walking dead. i enjoyed the first season but now i think i'd rather just stick with the comics. there are too many good shows on right now it's hard to keep up with them so i could do with dropping some.

It's a shame they couldn't find some way to work around Cliff Curtis's schedule. Seeing how Travis dealt with the death of his son and beating those two guys to death was the only reason I was tempted to watch this season.

yeah i don't know why i watch it anymore...i guess i just find it hard to drop a show if i've watched so much of it and part of me hopes it gets better. same for the walking dead. i enjoyed the first season but now i think i'd rather just stick with the comics. there are too many good shows on right now it's hard to keep up with them so i could do with dropping some.
I enjoy the main show a lot more, and still look forward to it.

I have a hard time quitting shows for the fear of missing out on potential greatness, which typically never happens, so it's just a foolish justification on my part. I might as well finish this half, but maybe that will be it.

Bandit1

This market is pretty interesting. Also that song was made for Breaking Bad! Kind of cool/weird to have it in FTWD.

Effect

Not that it matters to me either way, though. I dropped the show after the two-episode debut for this season (I had wanted to give it one more chance, but that decision pretty much confirmed I had no reason to continue following such an insufferable and dull cast).

That fucking sucks. I like that character more then the majority. I had dropped off after the first season but would see an episode here and there and did see the season 2 finale. I missed the first half of this new season but it's not looking like there is any reason for me to bother catching up. Oh well.

I still feel they should have played out the events of the first season much longer. The initial fall could have been really interesting. The characters were old enough that you could use that for a few years even if you were only cover a few months - in universe. Still like said the problem was largely the cast was not that likable. For me Travis and Strand were the best in that situation but that's not enough.

BizzyBum

Season 3 has definitely been great so far. Nothing amazing, but entertaining nonetheless.

That stadium market just reminded me of something straight out of the Fallout games. lol

senahorse

Not sure if I can keep going with this show, none of the characters are likeable and most of them are pieces of shit, the chemistry that is in TWD is virtually non-existent here.

Maddrical

Huh, that wasn't a very long break. I'll keep watching the show just 'coz it's TWD and I'm interested to see where it goes. The show has definitely gotten better in general, and I'm glad they killed of Travis (though it was a shit death) as I thought he was always a pretty weak lead, and I'm really interested to see how Madison's character progresses now without him. I've thought from the start that she will be the Rick Grimes of the group and I think before this season is up she's going to do some pretty out-there shit.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A lot of stupid decision..but i enjoyed both episodes...especially the ending of the second one.

bitbydeath

Eh, I don't get why Madison thought handing over the keys and removing all the guns from just her people was a good idea. If anything it should apply to both groups.

Ovid

I'm still not getting why they don't just allow Troy to be killed. What is the endgame for Madison keeping him alive? I just don't get it.

RS4-

I can't even bother with the comical nonsense that is Negan, and this is just a bit more interesting.

Really sad to see how the ratings have gone in the first two episodes of this back half of the season as this season is like the best so far really.

I enjoyed the new eps but i really thought Troy killed that guy in the truck and was wtf when Madison let him just walk away.

I absolutely hated the first two season of FTWD but I watch this with my wife so I just had to grin and bear it. This season has been great though. The ranch storyline has been pretty compelling and I absolutely loved Daniel's episode where he meets the "fifth Beatle." It was just such an interesting take on how the end of the world can make a bad person good. Usually it is the other way around. That episode was up there with the best the main series has ever done. I never thought I would ever say that about this series if you asked me a year ago.

Top Bottom