• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear & Fury: How The Rockstar Sausage Is Made (The Jimquisition)

Bullet Club

In a special investigative Jimquisition, we collect horror stories from former Rockstar Games employees who worked under a brutal boot heel.

Allegations of abuse, exploitation, and ritual indignity showcase how a company uses terror and anger to create some of the most critically acclaimed games of all time.

In particular, former VP of Product Development, Jeronimo Barrera, lies at the center of some of the most vile (and bizarre) accusations. By all accounts, he's a horrible man who perpetuated Rockstar's culture of fear.

This industry cannot keep going like this. This cannot continue.

Enjay

Banned
If that's what it takes to get a programmer to program as good as rockstar's games then someone needs to go bust some heads open at platinum games.

nowhat

If that's what it takes to get a programmer to program as good as rockstar's games then someone needs to go bust some heads open at platinum games.
So we'll get Rockstar-level combat in Platinum's games? As far as terrible ideas go, that's right up there at the top.

Enjay

Banned
So we'll get Rockstar-level combat in Platinum's games? As far as terrible ideas go, that's right up there at the top.
No we'll get rockstar-level "polish" in a platinum game. Imagine it. A platinum game where the camera or some weird collision detection doesn't fuck up your perfect combo + run.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Let's not forget that this Barrera guy has had a huge hand in pretty much everything R* has put out. I mean, he even sounds like a character from a GTA game.

joe_zazen

This industry cannot keep going like this. This cannot continue.

Why? Because games media?

Those who succeed in unfettered global capitalism are those without conscience and produce the best ROI within the bounds of globalistic norms.

Do you care enough about the lives of those who made your shoes to protest or boycott or campaign or write stories? Those who scavenge parts from your electronic recyclables? Your damonds? Your socks? The kids on the recieving end of bipartisan drones? The guy who tried to expose global elites and spent 7 fucking years in confinement to the point that he is near death and facing 175 years of US military prison? I can go on. Why game devs deserve this precious resources of attention and sympathy while the rest of the world swims in blood.

Idk, maybe some of you do, but most just consume and regurgitate their propaganda of choice, get excited over MCU box office numbers, and generally ‘tend their own garden’ until death without scratching the surface.

keraj37

The text in the OP is from the video description, it's not my opinion.

Just thought I'd clear that up in case there was some confusion about it.

That is why you should have used quotes around the text: [ QUOTE ] and close it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom