• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite villain?

Favourite villain?

• Oren Itchy (Kill Bill)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Dunne dun dun (Gone Girl)

• Ms Teek (X-Men)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Cersei Lane Assister (Game of Thrones)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Weetabix Lestrange (Harry Potter)

• Amber Alert (Aquaman)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Cat person (Batman)

• Nurse Ratchet and Clank (Cuckoo's Nest)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Claire Under Wood (House of Cards)

• Alien birthing person (Alien 2: Egg boogaloo)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (post in thread)

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aXK5jH4.jpg

The_hunter

Spoilers for kotor 2, easily
Darth Traya.

IDK about movies, will have to think about it.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Other: Black Adam

If you have never read the DC Comics event '52', do it. In my opinion he's easily the best comic book villain ever written in that mini series.

A close second is Iago from Shakespeare's Othello. He wreaked havoc on numerous lives seemingly because of a very, very minor slight against him that no one else even noticed. Just a vile character.

Last edited:

Bombolone

Gold Member
Bingo. Absolutely ruthless and psychotic, but she was still portrayed as a woman with obvious feminine traits. Too often with female villains the character could be a man with negligible difference to the character.
I understand the sentiment.
Its a fine line in film and story telling when there is a woman main villain or even a 'smaller/weaker' man commanding such power.
Unless there are superpowers involved, it is the responsibility of the creator to communicate to the audience how that relationship within that world works.
Why doesn't henchman (A) just snap the smaller, weaker ones neck? Put a bullet in their head when they arent looking?
We as humans are much weaker than the big cats, primates, venomous serpents etc. We use our intellect to manipulate the world around us. Woman by their design are tasked to do the same.
3xABqC7eL75imEG_jvaDJHwpbnNecfdy3QWN48xLZBw.gif

As with many things in modern Western cinema. Its laziness and lack of talent.
But every now and then we get gems like MaMa.

I hope there is a second Dredd in the works. Its universe is interesting enough. Even the Stallone one was good.

Soodanim

Gold Member
DoloresUmbridge_WB_F5_UmbridgeSmiling_Still_080615_Land.jpg

miss-trunchbull-66d2d5b0-408a-46aa-99fb-c6c46c3dc03-resize-750.jpeg

Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter and Miss Trunchbull from Matilda
Every other answer is wrong Posts 33 and 36 are incredibly right

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Cersei Lannister was great for those first 4 seasons or so until the wheels came off that series.

The same actress was also really good in Dredd. I’m sure she’s a nice lady but she just has a really cunty face. Born to play smug villainesses.

dr_octagon

Banned
I know everyone is happy with the verdict from Depp Heard trial. Just a reminder that the poll for this thread closes tomorrow, please contain your excitement.

Thank you for your pay shunts.

Top Bottom