• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite game devs that faded from relevance

Barakov

Gold Member
Sacnoth/Nautilus/FeelPlus. They gave us Koudelka, The Shadowhearts series and Lost Odyssey. Fantastic games all around. I think they were absorbed into their parent company and dissolved.

I guess it's better to quietly disappear than work on uninspired games for the rest of your days.
iu

Raven117

True, being "papular" is not always a good thing at that point you they would have to try to force the mass appeal in their games. I mean this one of the big reason we might never see turn based combat in mainline Final Fantasy game.
I’m just really looking forward to what vanillaware does next. 13 Sentinnels is a fascinating look at how video games can tell compelling stories in a different way than any other medium.

I’m only half way through and totally love it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m just really looking forward to what vanillaware does next. 13 Sentinnels is a fascinating look at how video games can tell compelling stories in a different way than any other medium.

I’m only half way through and totally love it.
Yup, you won't see other developers even with huge team and big budget make story like this and about to pull it off like this game has.

petran79

Banned
Woodruff father and son (Mike and Simon), creating classic adventure and horror games like Simon the Sorcerer. Before Harry Potter there was Terry Pratchett.

Mike seems to have retired (last credit in Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth)

After Horrorsoft-Adventuresoft-Headfirst Productions was liquidated and members left, Simon moved to Sega and was involved in Sonic All-star Racing Transformed, Sonic Générations, Rare Replay, Kinect Sports Rivals

Last involvement is the multiplatform game Church of Darkness.

Last edited:
Westwood Studios
  • Lands of Lore
  • Command & Conquer
  • Legend of Kyrandia
  • Bladerunner
  • Dune
Bullfrog Productions
  • Dungeon Keeper
  • Theme Park
  • Syndicate
  • Populous
Blizzard
  • Warcraft
  • Diablo
  • StarCraft
Sierra Entertainment
  • Homeworld
  • Tribes
  • Leisure Suite Larry
  • King`s Quest
Lucas Arts
  • The Secret of Monkey Island
  • Indiana Jones
  • Maniac Mansion
  • Day of The Tentacle
  • Zack McKracken
  • Sam & Max
  • The Dig

Pure nostalgia.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
George Kamitani (Vanillaware)
Keiichiro Toyama (Siren Team)
Fumito Ueda (Team ICO)

Eh i don't think any of them faded from relevance. I think all three are and will always be very relevant since they all produce very unique and high quality games.They just usually take a lot of time to make their games. Toyama is being rumored is working on a horror game (Silent Hill reboot?) and i'm sure Fumito Ueda's Gen Design is working on something otherwise the deal with Epic wouldn't have happened.

Top Bottom