• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite brand of instant noodles?

So my previous favorite was Nongshim Shin.

81PWUPAU5jL._SX425_.jpg

was at H Mart the other day (Korean market) and decided to mix it up. Picked up a box of 2 different typed I hadn't tried before.

9139f4b3-65f7-41ac-9573-1c3ef02e2243_1.8091ed38dd2f74c81cccb4e8e257ea8d.jpeg

and

pn9850nd5pd01.jpg

samyanghaekbuldakbowl-bowl-1024x629.jpg

These are my 2 new favorites. They're both good but the Volcano might be slightly better. Got me wondering whether I'm missing out on some other amazing brands of instant noodles.

What's your favorite instant noodles?

Last edited:
1726721-potnoodlenormal.png.rendition.586.315.png

Pot Noodle is the primary brand that I've eaten in the past, though I stopped having them when they supposedly gave you cancer. Must have been a stupid prank around high school, but I fell out of them and haven't had noodles in a while.

lem0n

inb4 this thread is full of the most obscure noodle brands/types. Personally I love the good ol maruchan Pork flavor noodles.

Fbh

Yeah Nongshim Shin for me too. They are great, both the regular as well as the Black Variant

I do admit though that I have a soft spot for the Maggi Chicken Flavor ones:
product_oa9hvlohwlmb.jpg

They aren't particularly good. But they are pure nostalgia to me as I loved these as a kid and they were the default meal when my mom would occasionally come home too late and tired to cook.

lachesis

As per Korean ramyun - I like Ottogi Jin Ramen (mild) the best for all around. Price, flavor and general quality.

tnilxRe.png

3Y2xTna.png

As per Japanese Instant Ramen/soba/udon

I'm definitely "green" one. Maruchan's tanuki soba. Red isn't that bad, but I just love tempura in general...

k7mFwQA.jpg

As per Nissin.
I have kinda nostalgic memory to Nissin cup noodles.
When I was poor art student in college, Nissin noodles - 5 per a dollar in local HyVee in Iowa was a literally a life saver.

Then when I started working, the first year - our Union had a strike/walk-out. As I just started working, I had no money saved and was literally starving... and my shift for the protest was midnight to 8am, during mid winter (holiday season), on windy NYC west end ave. So cold and all... and union office sent out nissin cup noodles for us to warm the body up.

So yeah. Nissin for me, is a memory of hardships lol...

Nissin, I get you. lol.

Dark Star

Shin is the best.

I also like Nissin big cup noodles, they come with a packet of veggies.

Last edited:

lachesis

You had me at egg then lost me at american cheese
Actually melted cheese in spicy soup makes it a bit smoother. You should give it a go when you get a chance. Strange, but it works.

That "hot spicy chicken" noodle you mentioned, I think it has the variations of ones with different kind of cheese too.

Momosan noodle is also really good. As well as Sun Ramen.

Then agaiun i suppose sun ramen is a class higher than instant. Other than that Shin ramen is my go to as well.

KiNeMz

Banned
Ever since my Childhood friend introduced me to these. I've been eating them for 20+ years.

The best!!!!!

iu

MrMephistoX

Kang Shifu they aren’t even that good but I crave them because they banned the beef flavor in the US it’s borderline impossible to find!
hkbaXzU.jpg

GeekyDad

Served me well through college, but no...can't go back to that shit. My wife is Korean. No need to go back to that shit.

Mohonky

pn9850nd5pd01.jpg

samyanghaekbuldakbowl-bowl-1024x629.jpg

These are my 2 new favorites. They're both good but the Volcano might be slightly better. Got me wondering whether I'm missing out on some other amazing brands of instant noodles.

My old man brought these home one day; I figured they were just some off brand cheapo noodles from a cheap shop. As soon as I saw the sauce I was like......errr hang on. Checked the packet and saw the Made in S. Korea label and figured these might be legit.

Fucking pretty legit alright. I like spicy but they were certainly passing the 'hot' point to painful by the end. None of the other pussies have eaten a pack yet after my 'review'. They taste bloody good tho.

Of note we also have a carolina reaper bush in the yard. I always wondered 'how bad' can they be. Turns out pretty fucking horrendous is the answer.

Last edited:
i honestly can't pick. anyway, haven't seen these posted...

iu

not a fan of the chicken flavour but curry or the stir fried ones :pie_drooling::pie_drooling:

also tried these recently and i'm in love :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:

iu

i remember long time ago here in the UK when i used to visit my granda i'd get a pack of instant noodles out the local LIDL and they were fucking AMAZING but i don't remember the name of them. have never been able to find them. for some reason i'm thinking Ko Lee but any of the ones i've tried don't even come close. ah well, i still got Koka <3

1726721-potnoodlenormal.png.rendition.586.315.png

Pot Noodle is the primary brand that I've eaten in the past, though I stopped having them when they supposedly gave you cancer. Must have been a stupid prank around high school, but I fell out of them and haven't had noodles in a while.
pot noodles taste so bland now. don't get me wrong i still eat them but i miss how they tasted 15-20 years ago (yeah i'm old). the soy sauce is basically just water now so i need to stick in my own to give some taste to it. when it comes to flavours it's either Chicken & Mushroom or Bombay Bad Boy. never really been a fan of the others.

do you remember Posh Noodles? i miss them too :( can't remember what year they were out (maybe 2004 or so) they were a kinda of limited edition thing.

also they do packets of noodles now. i tried them but it's just not the same as eating out a pot !

These bad boys with some fried shallots, spring onion slices and an egg added. My daughter loves em too.

110285.jpg
ohhhh fuck. i tried them and they are beautiful.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
These bad boys with some fried shallots, spring onion slices and an egg added. My daughter loves em too.

110285.jpg
These are what I came in to say. So damn good.
If it's bigger, it'll be more expensive, most of Indonesians can't afford them. By the way, how do guys know this noodle? It's so legendary in Indonesia.
I spotted them in a Walmart a few years ago and decided to give them a go. Now they are my go to.

If it's bigger, it'll be more expensive, most of Indonesians can't afford them. By the way, how do guys know this noodle? It's so legendary in Indonesia.

So many foods are available in Aussie supermarkets and local Asian grocery stores. We have foods from all over, so many cultures in Melbourne, Australia. I swear my local shop has at least 50 types of noodles on the shelf. My daughter has tried 75% of them. One of the fun things we do when travelling is to just pick random foods from local stores and give them a go. The kids get a kick out of it too, we tried so much in Thaliand and Bali and Singapore.

Top Bottom