• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite/best games published by EA? | CHALLENGE EVERYTHING

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Rwu1.gif

Electronic Arts is what it is nowadays. Let's not dwell on the present though... let's celebrate EA's past!

CHALLENGE: Try to pick only 3 games! And try to pick one from the 90's, 2000's, and 2010's if you can! Unlimited amount of honorable mentions are OK:

HONORABLE MENTIONS: SimCity 4, Mass Effect 2, Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth, Battlefield Bad Company, NBA Street VOL 3

There is no denying the sheer amount of amazing releases EA has published throughout the years. For me, EA was the sign of quality. I have enjoyed and loved many EA published titles over the years. Lord of the Rings games, 007, Need for Speed, Burnout, Battlefield, Sid Meier games, and many others are some of my favorites! My time with them started in the 90's on PC with Need for Speed, specifically Hot Pursuit III. Need for Speed games were definitely formative for me and my love for racing games... and I remember them fondly, but I would not consider them in my favorites for EA.

My first game up, still released in the 90's is:

System Shock 2, 1999: Such an incredibly atmospheric world that deeply influenced my tastes in media. Love this game!
preview_62000_1577415375_74212dcf39318d9edbdc5bd32080a806.gif

Rock Band, 2007: One of a few games that has changed my life. I've enjoyed music since I can remember, but never felt a desire to play an instrument before Rock Band. I immediately started on the drums and my passion for percussion took off. For the most part, the drums in Rock Band actually teach you how to play the song. Anywho... I bought an acoustic set soon after playing this game and I've been playing drums ever since!! Thanks Rock Band for the positive change you've made in my life (image: RUSH playing Tom Sawyer in Rock Band, promo for the game in 2007!)
Rush-rock-band-735x413.jpg

Battlefield 3, 2011 (close tie, Mass Effect 2): Battlefield 3 is one of my favorite multiplayer experiences I've played, if not my all time favorite (I really enjoyed the single player campaign also). Nothing matches the insanity of BF3 even today. The gunplay was unparalleled with just the right mix of realism and fun. Absolutely incredible visuals (that still hold up a decade later) and sound design made for an unforgettable couple of years playing. Favorite guns: AUG, SPAS 12, DAO-12.
battlefield3faultlineet7gh.gif

killatopak

Gold Member
The ones that have truly affected me were Red Alert 2, NFS Underground, The Sims, Sim City, and Dead Space.

Those games shaped my childhood.

Peter303

Soukyugurentai On Sega Saturn. Back when I was into scrolling shooters on Saturn I was shocked to see EA published this.

F/A-18 Interceptor on Amiga. Spent far to much time playing this.

And Burnout Paradise on PS3, what's not to like about it, 60fps and flawless online right at the beginning of that console generation.

90s - I guess Medal of Honor, don't have very many pre 2000 EA games I played

2000s- Burnout 3: Takedown (still my favorite arcade racer ever)
Honorable Mentions: Burnout Paradise, NFL Street 1/2, Madden 05/10, Mass Effect, 007 Nightfire, Rock Band 1/2, Battlefield: Bad Company, Sims: Bustin Out, Dead Space

2010s - Dead Space 2
Honorable Mentions : Titanfall 2, Mass Effect 2/3/Andromeda, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

JOEVIAL

90s - I guess Medal of Honor, don't have very many pre 2000 EA games I played

2000s- Burnout 3: Takedown (still my favorite arcade racer ever)
Honorable Mentions: Burnout Paradise, NFL Street 1/2, Madden 05/10, Mass Effect, 007 Nightfire, Rock Band 1/2, Battlefield: Bad Company, Sims: Bustin Out, Dead Space

2010s - Dead Space 2
Honorable Mentions : Titanfall 2, Mass Effect 2/3/Andromeda, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Nice!

Forgot about Jedi Fallen Order… I might put that above Mass Effect 2 personally 🤠

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Best Genesis hockey game. Playing against the cpu was trash, but against an equally good human player would be 2-1 kinds of games. Season stats, manual goaltending, create and trade players etc...

A few drawbacks as the game glitched if your season mode got to 128 pts, and you had to mess with roster slots for cpu-controlled teams so their players would try to sim stats best as possible. The dev team never tested Season Mode by playing through a season and getting at least 128 pts.

The players attributes were 100% bogus for sim stats. It was based on roster slot. So Mario Lemieux would rack up the pts if his name was let's say default roster slot #12 on Pittsburgh. If you traded players like real life to replicate teams and Lemieux moved to roster slot #11 or #13 because you did Penguin moves, suddenly his sim stats drop like a rock and some shitty player now in roster slot #12 would get awesome sim stats.

Every team was different as the default "good slots" and "bad slots" depended where the star players were on the roster list as it was alphabetical order. A team like Quebec where Sakic would be lower on the list would have a star slot at like slot #18.

To get around this, you'd do moves and get the star player back to their good slot. I forget how my bro and I did this. We probably signed and dropped filler players 1-2 at a time so the star player would get to their star slot.
NHL95_title.png

Last edited:

Bridges

Rock Band was a revelation for me, as was Titanfall.
Kinda funny that both series were the result of talent leaving Activision and creating superior competitors to their previous creations (Guitar Hero and Call of Duty respectively).

I also liked Spore way more than most people did, wish we could get a redo on that one because the creation tools were so fun.

JOEVIAL

Rock Band was a revelation for me, as was Titanfall.
Kinda funny that both series were the result of talent leaving Activision and creating superior competitors to their previous creations (Guitar Hero and Call of Duty respectively).

I also liked Spore way more than most people did, wish we could get a redo on that one because the creation tools were so fun.
Loved Titanfall also! It was crazy how 1 and 2 were so different. 1 valued on foot movement with better wall running/parkour layouts… 2 was much more Titan focused. I personally liked 1 better, but the campaign in 2 was stellar also. Here’s hoping TF3 is coming soon! I might have to hop back into online gaming if it is.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Road Rash (1991) - Enjoy fluid bike racing and take a few swings at the competition.

Haunting Starring Polterguy (1993) - Pull pranks to scare a rich suburban family for sustenance.

Skitchin' (1994) - Be a roller blading menace on the road pulling off tricks and winning races.

Urban Strike (1994) - Pilot an attack helicopter destroying enemy bases and saving friendlies.

Def Jam: Fight for NY (2004) - Rise as a fighter in an underground fight circuit with rappers.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) - Experience the lead trio's magical 3rd year at Hogwarts.

Batman Begins (2005) - Experience Bruce Wayne's journey to becoming Batman and the challenges he faces firsthand.

From Russia with Love (2005) - Be Sean Connery and relive the highlights of his carreer as James Bond.

The Godfather: The Game (2006) - Rise in the mob under Don Corleone while participating in the film's major events.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012) - Be a death defying hero or opportunist in a war torn medieval fantasy world.

HYDE

Banned
Favorites…

Skate 1 07
Dead Space 1 08
Mirrors Edge 1 08
Skate 2 09
Dantes Inferno 10
Skate 3 10
Dead Space 2 11
Dead Space 3 13
Mirrors Edge 2 16
Titanfall 2 16
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 19

Stoked for Dead Space & Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

Visceral, Dice, & Respawn the thread.

Last edited:

Koenigssee

Freedom Fighter, IOI classic. It's criminal that there is no sequel.
Final Fantasy VIII, my first FF, nothing but love for this one.

Dead Space 1 and 2, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age Origins, Titanfall 2, and Burnout Revenge.

System Shock 2, Shadows of the Damned, Bulletstorm, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, and Timesplitters Future Perfect.

Banned
90s
GIMME FUEL GIMME FIRE GIMME THAT WHICH I DESIRE!

2000s
There's a Killer on the road!

2010s
I don't relish the title... I relish the kill!

Honourable mentions:
Mirror's Edge
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Need for Speed Carbon
Need for Speed Most Wanted (the original)
Burnout 2
Burnout 3
007 Nightfire
SSX Tricky

Last edited:

Alpha Male

1990's - Madden (any year)

2000’s - Mass Effect 2

2010's - Battlefield 4

Honorable Mention:

Titanfall
Jedi Fallen Order
Battlefield Bad Co 2
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 1
Battlefield V

EA Sports: Triple Play Baseball, Tiger Woods, College Football, FIFA

Command & Conquer Kane's Wrath
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2
Dragon Age
Dragon Age Inquisition
Mass Effect Andromeda
NFS Shift Unleashed

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
The Strike series, for sure.
I'm sad that no new games were made after Nuclear Strike..

Last edited:
Top Bottom