• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fault! | Novak Djokovic refused Visa after 8 hours sitting in Melbourne airport. To be kicked out.

Tschumi

Do it at gunpoint then.
- individual freedom of choice in this context
- conflations between authority and evil
- anything you could only believe if you've swallowed an algorithm-generated opinion piece hook, line and sinker
- any propositions based on the foundation of your fundamental lack of empathy for strangers.

(I won't keep doing this lol just for this first reply)

Last edited:

tsumake

@Taxexemption T tsumake

Here's the deal guys.

You've found a thread on a forum that has outlawed politics where you want to speak up for your problems with the vaccine. Good for you.

The problem is that whereas in the past this forum was replete with people who would clap you on the back and support you to the hilt, they've all been banned for spreading toxicity. The people who are left, like Nobody_Important Nobody_Important , are on the right side of history and the correct side of this discussion. You are basically outed as having allowed social media algorithm jockeys to make your mind up for you.

First of all, there is no intellectual conversation to be had about vaccine scepticism. Because any reasons* to not get this vaccine are by nature both subjective and false. You felt reasonable saying those things in your first post, @Taxexemption , which should have been your only post, but if we go outside your algorithm addled brain you'll see that you're actually not typing on gaf, you're on a street corner twiddling a straw fan with an aluminium hat on.

*Medical exemptions are valid, those poor people, but being anti-vax does not automatically give you grounds for an exemption.. as reasonable as that may seem on reflection.

Second of all, and here i must briefly bring in @Torrent of Pork though I'd rather not, vaccines are not grounds for personal freedoms. I made this point earlier in the thread: we would want to apprehend, punish and shun someone having unprotected sex and spreading STDs - likewise we want to apprehend, punish and shun Novak Djokovic, who has been caught having unprotected conversations and spreading the virus. The only valid equivalence to deliberately spreading covid is deliberately spreading other infectious diseases, NOT standing atop a mountain waving the flag of freedom with a six pack and a busty woman wrapped around your leg.

What you guys are oblivious to is that Covid vaccinations are not taken in a vacuum. You say that anybody should have the right to make a choice, and that we can't deny them, but when that choice affects other, innocent people, it becomes a legal matter.

I suspect roughly the same proportion of the population who don't take the vaccine will one day be shown to equal the rough proportion of the population who are incapable of empathy for strangers. Don't feel bad, it's not a universal skill.

I'll leave it there, i don't think i can say it any more clearly. I want you to consider the door to you posting replies to this post closed if you are planning on citing:
- individual freedom of choice in this context
- anything you could only believe if you've swallowed an algorithm-generated opinion piece hook, line and sinker
- any propositions based on the foundation of your fundamental lack of empathy for strangers.
- any replies that take one small part of this post and focus on it, in an attempt to undermine its general truth.
- You stopped reading as soon as you didn't like what you were seeing and instead made a point that has already been nuked.

I'll post any of these criteria which your quotes fall under as my reply to your replies, as and when they do so read.

Thanks.

Is this a threat?

caffeware

Banned
The people who are left, like Nobody_Important Nobody_Important , are on the right side of history and the correct side of this discussion.

First of all, there is no intellectual conversation to be had about vaccine scepticism. Because any reasons* to not get this vaccine are by nature both subjective and false.

Novak Djokovic, who has been caught having unprotected conversations and spreading the virus.
:messenger_beaming:

Tschumi

Did evilore sold the forum to Tschumi ?
Hes talking like he owns the place.
Who knows? Maybe.

The West Wing Win GIF by HBO Max

200.gif

Certainly own something around these parts ^_^

Last edited:

Tschumi

Are we forced to buy those appliances and electronics?

tsumake

How?

Tschumi

A) You're implying there's a negative aspect to the government insisting you get a vaccine, B) you only think about it this way because a social media algorithm told you to, C) you have a fundamental lack of empathy for strangers when you think you're being *forced* to value their lives.

tsumake

A) You're implying there's a negative aspect to the government insisting you get a vaccine, B) you only think about it this way because a social media algorithm told you to, C) you have a fundamental lack of empathy for strangers when you think you're being *forced* to value their lives.

You’re assuming what I think and what my character is from a question. I could just as easily infer that you are a wumao.

Tschumi

You’re assuming what I think and what my character is from a question. I could just as easily infer that you are a wumao.
As far a i remember wu mao means five thousand or fifty thousand, i guess that's a Chinese version of weeaboo? [Sic] it would be better for you to call me "er bai wu" which means 250 and "retarded" or "insane"; better. I think you should call me a weeb though because i live in Japan now and regularly.. uh.. eat Japanese snacks.

If you have redeeming personal qualities i look forward to uncovering them as we share this forum, but you've got something coming to you for being anti vax and I've been the delivery man. Gotta keep it real. do you by any chance know of our Lord and saviour ssx3?

Last edited:

tsumake

As far a i remember wu mao means five thousand or fifty thousand, i guess that's a Chinese version of weeaboo? [Sic] it would be better for you to call me "er bai wu" which means 250 and "retarded" or "insane"; better.

If you have redeeming personal qualities i look forward to uncovering them as we share this forum, but you've got something coming to you for being anti vax and I've been the delivery man. Gotta keep it real. do you by any chance know of our Lord and saviour ssx3?

I’ve got something coming to me, and you’re the delivery man? Mods, I think this is a threat.

Tschumi

I’ve got something coming to me, and you’re the delivery man? Mods, I think this is a threat.
It might be if it wasn't actually past tense taking about a delivery which was already made, which was not...

... Well i mean really, do you think my fist will come through your screen? That I'll "track you down"?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Too lazy to read the details as I only would read headlines, but it seems Novak has been getting hit like a tennis ball back and forth and the final call is he's out.

What a shit show. How hard could it be to make a good call on his eligibility in the first day or two.

Tschumi

That's the problem.
That's like saying "the Cheeto is a polly pocket" and thinking it means something

So can you explain how these "algorithm jockeys" work? I would like your expert opinion.
Well, it's a shame you don't know this, but i guess that's why you're in the position you are.

Facebook, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and other such networks don't just show you every post that gets posted. They use mathematical algorithms to analyse your search habits and give you more of the same.

They also understand that negativity is more effective at generating repeat visits to their platforms.

So one day you might have looked at something vaguely stupid about politics or vaccines (can you remember what it was?), since then you may have started thinking everyone in the world agrees with your steadily more negative and misinformed views, because those posts are the only ones the algorithm shows you.

Now, algorithm jockeys are the group of content creators who understand what they need to do to get the algorithm to show their content to as many people as possible. Specifically, they need to be political, negative, and controversial. Because the algorithm rewards this kind of engagement-boosting content.

These people are good at it, they're very skilled at it, which is why they show up all over your feed. This is how they make money, they don't care about what they say because they see past the words to the dollar signs, their information is entirely untrustworthy.

The website you linked is a perfect example, every bit of content on it was tailor made to get it in your social media feeds.

So yeah, an algorithm jockey is someone who makes bank by riding on the automatic popularity and exposure the algorithms give their posts.

Last edited:

caffeware

Banned
That's like saying "the tree is a polly pocket" and thinking it means something

Well, it's a shame you don't know this, but i guess that's why you're in the position you are.

Facebook, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and other such networks don't just show you every post that gets posted. They use mathematical algorithms to analyse your search habits and give you more of the same.

They also understand that negativity is more effective at generating repeat visits to their platforms.

So one day you might have looked at something vaguely stupid about politics or vaccines (can you remember what it was?), since then you may have started thinking everyone in the world agrees with your steadily more negative and misinformed views, because those posts are the only ones the algorithm shows you.

Now, algorithm jockeys are the group of content creators who understand what they need to do to get the algorithm to show their content to as many people as possible. Specifically, they need to be political, negative, and controversial. Because the algorithm rewards this kind of engagement-boosting content.

These people are good at it, they're very skilled at it, which is why they show up all over your feed. This is how they make money, they don't care about what they say because they see past the words to the dollar signs, their information is entirely untrustworthy.

The website you linked is a perfect example, every bit of content on it was tailor made to get it in your social media feeds.

So yeah, an algorithm jockey is someone who makes bank by riding on the automatic popularity and exposure the algorithms give their posts.
The thing is google shows that website I linked, and multiple other websites have similar articles.
I guess we need Google to do more aggressive censorship, right?

Tschumi

The thing is google shows that website I linked, and multiple other websites have similar articles.
I guess we need Google to do more aggressive censorship, right?
you dont get it will ferrell GIF by Saturday Night Live

Google is a mindless algorithm too. Why do you think all the ads on my websites are for hentai?

Er also i guess you'd have to use pretty tilted search terms to get a website like this instead of something more neutral, heh... My Google sure as hell doesn't show me crackpot sites like that

Last edited:

caffeware

Banned

Google is a mindless algorithm too. Why do you think all the ads on my websites are for hentai?

Er also i guess you'd have to use pretty tilted search terms to get a website like this instead of something more neutral, heh... My Google sure as hell doesn't show me crackpot sites like that
This "mindless algorithm" works both ways. Maybe its showing you only one side of the coin.

Last edited:
lot of myopic bootlicking here. By the time you read this bad thread your booster has worn off. Get another one or else. Or is it only when someone else's career is affected you I fucking love science types cheer it on.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I love the algorithm ads where it shows me the exact item and store I was browsing.

I already ordered the office shirt yesterday. Why would I buy it again?

Tschumi

This "mindless algorithm" works both ways. Maybe its showing you only one side of the coin.
Ahh, added content thank you

I see you're only able to conceive of information gain in the form of political internet sources and searches. The wide world's not like that.

Join us. Take 3 months off all your social media accounts, you'll feel less angry.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Th damage control from the tinfoilers.

200w.gif

Between this thread about Novax Joke-A-Bitch getting his karmic due, the Pats getting shit on by the bills, and the Cowboys getting screwed in their own stadium all while my Packers are on a Bye week has been the most entertaining weekend in professional sports that I have experienced in years.

A constant fucking smile on my face the whole weekend. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but thank you universe :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Tschumi

"He's got us brothers. He's hit us with the truth."
"Quick, pick one thing he said that we can attack to discredit him"
"Negative, he's already pre-empted that"
"Let's double down on whatever we're saying"
"Nupe, he's got that covered, too"
"Call him elitist"
"He's fine with that"
"Make fun of past posts"
"Does anybody know this guy?"
"Dammit what can we do?"
"Let's act hurt and claim he's attacking us, and bide our time waiting for him to slip up"

Loop Time GIF by Psyklon

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

200w.gif

Between this thread about Novax Joke-A-Bitch getting his karmic due, the Pats getting shit on by the bills, and the Cowboys getting screwed in their own stadium all while my Packers are on a Bye week has been the most entertaining weekend in professional sports that I have experienced in years.

A constant fucking smile on my face the whole weekend. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but thank you universe :messenger_tears_of_joy:
If the Bills go all the way, every US channel in my area (Buffalo affiliates) will be talking Bills for the rest of time.

Nobody_Important

If the Bills go all the way, every US channel in my area (Buffalo affiliates) will be talking Bills for the rest of time.
I am a cheese-headed Packers fan and even I have to admit that the Bills kind of deserve to be rooted for by pretty much everyone at this point and that is not even mentioning the fact that Josh Allen is a goddamn motherfucking beast who the NFL really kind of doesn't deserve at this point.

Like the only two teams that I feel more sorry for than the bills is the Browns and the Lions. Because the bills have at least made it to several super bowls, but they've just never won them.

Meanwhile the Browns and the Lions are just kind of sucking wind at the ass end of nowheresville.

bender

What time is it?
Like the only two teams that I feel more sorry for than the bills is the Browns and the Lions. Because the bills have at least made it to several super bowls, but they've just never won them.

Feel sorry for Micah Parsons as Jerry Jones wastes another generational talent.

Nobody_Important

I smell another Rodgers choke job and Packers fans talking themselves into Jordan Love. <3
Rodgers can fuck off a cliff after this season and so can Love. I want a full restart after the season is over. Rodgers is a wackjob and Love is shite.

We are gonna be trash for like 3-5 years at least I think unless we somehow strike gold somewhere.

bender

What time is it?
Rodgers can fuck off a cliff after this season and so can Love. I want a full restart after the season is over. Rodgers is a wackjob and Love is shite.

We are gonna be trash for like 3-5 years at least I think unless we somehow strike gold somewhere.

3-5 years is optimistic. Ya'll due for a long valley after Farve and Godgers.

Tams

Gold Member
1: There are a significant amount of people that have moral objections to how the vaccine was made, and view taking it as cooperation with evil.

2: There are people that are skeptical that you can really know the safety of any medical intervention on such a short timeline. If they developed a new treatment that was shown to prevent all forms of cancer tomorrow, I'd personally probably wait at least a decade before I decided to take that treatment, despite the fact that I am risking an illness that will kill me. I know this seems counter-intuitive, but if you don't know what the long term risk of an intervention it's impossible to make a rational analysis.

3: For many people especially in the US they generally don't trust the government or private corporations. Basically they think based on various scandals in government and private corporations they have seen in their lifetime, and read about in their parents lifetimes, that if the vaccine was dangerous they would not be told, it would be covered up, and you wouldn't know until it was too late. This is made worse by the overbearing demand that people get the vaccine. The attitude of pro-vaxxers to us seems cultish. I've never had anyone in my life so insistently demand that I do something. These demands come from people that I don't think would care about me in any other context, and would probably laugh in private at my misfortune.

4: Many of the people we know personally that have gotten the vaccine, or insist that we get it, are people that in other contexts have talked loudly for their desire of depopulation, and before Covid 19 would say they wished a plague upon the earth to wipe out all the "stupid people." Most of the pro-vax people I personally know have talked loudly about their desire for depopulation. You don't get to have credibility to me on a topic regarding the value of human life when you have talked about it like this in the past.
That says more about the people you surround yourself with...

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ahh, added content thank you

I see you're only able to conceive of information gain in the form of political internet sources and searches. The wide world's not like that.

Join us. Take 3 months off all your social media accounts, you'll feel less angry.

He self-permed.

Never self-perm, people.

Bad Hair Day Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
1: There are a significant amount of people that have moral objections to how the vaccine was made, and view taking it as cooperation with evil.

2: There are people that are skeptical that you can really know the safety of any medical intervention on such a short timeline. If they developed a new treatment that was shown to prevent all forms of cancer tomorrow, I'd personally probably wait at least a decade before I decided to take that treatment, despite the fact that I am risking an illness that will kill me. I know this seems counter-intuitive, but if you don't know what the long term risk of an intervention it's impossible to make a rational analysis.
I completely understand. Also - they can sit their ass at home. You don’t play by the rules, fine - be an adult and face the consequences of your actions.

VN1X

Banned
Australia the nanny state strikes again!

At least they got some good Metal bands hailing from there otherwise there'd be no redeeming qualities about it at all lol.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Australia the nanny state strikes again!

At least they got some good Metal bands hailing from there otherwise there'd be no redeeming qualities about it at all lol.
Canada and UK in the same boat. It's like anyone in charge of Commonwealth countries have giant urges to babysit the public.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Looks like our boi will also not play in the Roland Garros:

Of course spineless cunts in the French Tennis Federation (and even State Secretary a week ago) tried once again to 'find a way' to make him play, but it warms my heart the cradle of egalité went:

Mikey Day No GIF by Saturday Night Live

Maybe the law will be change by the time the tournament starts in May, but for now it's bye-bye.

Top Bottom