• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fault! | Novak Djokovic refused Visa after 8 hours sitting in Melbourne airport. To be kicked out.

Tschumi

He's out! Immigration Minister exercised personal power, cancelled Djokovic's visa a second time.

He's judged to be a public health hazard because he's a stubborn, unvaccinated fool.

Macho chest thumping buffoon with a crew of macho chest thumping buffons and a macho chest thumping buffoon serbian leader find that thumping your chest and being macho doesn't convince people who aren't interested negotiation by intimidation and gesticulation.

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Lied on his visa application

Claims to have tested positive but then was pictured at public events while apparently knowing he had it

What a douche. He's lucky that he's not facing charges on the issue of lying on his visa application, let alone action for knowingly exposing others to the virus.

Porcile

What's with these tennis players? Who would ever imagine such a stupid sport would create such a bunch of self-absorbed and self-centered a-holes.

Last edited:
What's with these tennis players? Who would ever imagine such a stupid sport would create such a bunch of self-absorbed and self-centered a-holes.

I mean, you're not wrong friend but it's not like soccer/football basketball stars are any better.
Bonus : Actors too

It's what happens when you have money and fame, you think you're untouchable and that the rules that apply to everyone else should not apply to you 'cause you're "special".

Lied on his visa application

Claims to have tested positive but then was pictured at public events while apparently knowing he had it

What a douche. He's lucky that he's not facing charges on the issue of lying on his visa application, let alone action for knowingly exposing others to the virus.

"Administrative error"

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
How can you be a "public health hazard" when entering a country where Omicron is already running wild!?!

They've had the guy in quarantine for how long already? Do they think he's going to magically manifest Covid or what?

Its 100% political and 100% ridiculous.

Would any of this happened, if he had turned up two weeks ago and retired to a ‘private villa’ to do his quarantine period ?

(Like so many movie and music stars have done, over the last 2 years in Australia)

GHG

Gold Member
How can you be a "public health hazard" when entering a country where Omicron is already running wild!?!

They've had the guy in quarantine for how long already? Do they think he's going to magically manifest Covid or what?

Its 100% political and 100% ridiculous.

Not only that, they have one of the highest vaccination rates in the world:

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It's incredibly dangerous when political policies take precedence over facts and logic.

But this is just it, the dreams that people have been sold with the vaccines are being shattered. Get vaccinated and we can end lockdowns, restrictions and mask wearing will go away they said. We can get back to normal they said.

No, there should be no thought of "getting back to normal". Vaccinated population or no vaccinated population things like mask wearing and crowd/gathering restrictions need to remain for the sake of reducing the spread of the virus. A virus which is still evolving as we try to understand it.

Instead you have people being misinformed thinking that just because they've had the vaccine they are invincible. You have reckless behaviours being promoted (and celebrated) because "everyone is vaccinated", and then people are wondering why and how omicron has been able to spread so rapidly.

But here comes the trap card.

It's all the unvaccinated's fault.

Brilliant.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Would any of this happened, if he had turned up two weeks ago and retired to a ‘private villa’ to do his quarantine period ?

(Like so many movie and music stars have done, over the last 2 years in Australia)

No.

He could of easily be come in. He lied, so therefore the cunt can get fucked. Has nothing to do with vaccination levels or if he’s had Covid or not yet.

Lie on any Visa application and see how far you get once authorities find out. Famous or not, just makes it worse. No special treatment.

Last edited:

tsumake

There are two conversations going on here:

- the politicization of an epidemic deeply troubles me

- fuck that guy, he broke the law!

rapid32.5

They might as well cancel the tournament what a shit show, many are dying and dropping out or will get verbally insulted by "fellow" players later on. This not a professional sportsmanship if we judge people by their medical records or even discussing during interviews.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I'm sorry... I'm sorry but...

I have no idea what "free West media" is, but it sounds ridiculous

Every single "in short" is conspiracy theory/triggered political bullshit, purpose built to satisfy the algorithms. Gaf mods would eat it for breakfast...

I dunno, I'm sorry but i just can't think of a more laughable source, i mean, is this performance art? Are you deliberately posting it for a gag? In which case, bravo bravo

If u are actually reading stories on a site like that then PLEASE, TAKE A BREAK FROM SOCIAL MEDIA IT'S DOING SOMETHING BAD TO YOU, jah bless

---

Here's the fact guys:
He's a dumbass ego maniac who thinks whatever his serbian spiritual guide told him about covid is more true then what science says. He's not vaccinated, like a moron.

Even Nick 'the dick' Kyrgios, who is speaking out against Novak's treatment, is vaccinated "for the safety of others and my mother".

I can't visit my sick mum in Australia because international travel is too hard atm, and I'm fully vaccinated. The idea that this wanker could play unvaccinated just because he's good at hitting a ball and running around is bullshit. And anyone saying he should be above the rules is just engaged in brown nosed hero worship and should pay more attention to themselves.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Tennis is the best sport on the planet. :messenger_tongue:

Djokovic is just an idiot.

They might as well cancel the tournament what a shit show, many are dying and dropping out or will get verbally insulted by "fellow" players later on. This not a professional sportsmanship if we judge people by their medical records or even discussing during interviews.
Dying? lol.

I used to work front desk at a gym with indoor tennis courts. I would close down at night. Every fucking night the tennis assholes were trying to stay beyond closing. I fucking hate tennis players with a passion now.
As a big tennis player I apologize that you dealt with inconsiderate fools. If it were me, I would make sure to be leaving before closing so I wouldn't be keeping the staff. Always be considerate of others. And yes I have dealt with jerk off tennis players too.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Good for Australia, I wish more countries had balls as big , now go home , you have won enough money, there should be a limit on how much money 1 person can have , the rest goes to poor people.

Last edited:

tsumake

“Australia's immigration minister revoked the unvaccinated tennis star's visa for a second time Friday, saying his presence could lead to an "increase in anti-vaccination sentiment" and even incite "civil unrest." “

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Once again

He lied on his Visa application - he's lucky he's just being depoted and not facing criminal charges

He knowingly socialized and spread the virus immediately after a positive test result thereby proving himself irresponsible, selfish, untrustworthy and a public health risk.

Freedom of choice is not freedom from consequences. Freedom carries responsibilities, it's infuriating to see people constantly shouting about their rights and freedoms while shying away from the associated responsibilities and consequences.

Tschumi

This sets a precedent I'm really uncomfortable with. I'm vaccinated against Covid but it should always be a choice. I don't agree with any freedoms being removed for those who opt against this particularly short lasting vaccination.
That's a misrepresentation of reality.

Let me help you out:
  • Nobody outside of anti-vax websites calls this a "short lasting" vaccine.
  • Even if it didn't last long, we would just be obliged to get it when we need to.
  • He was expecting different treatment as an unvaccinated person to other unvaccinated people because he's a rich famous prick. He was denied that, it's not an attack on his right to make his own decisions. It's an attack on his right to skip the line in Melbourne like he does at night clubs in Belgrade.
  • The only choice he made was a choice to have his crackpot antivax cake and eat it, too.

mekes

But it is a short lasting vaccine, that is a fact? I'm not saying the vaccinations available do not work for some time, they do. But we already have a booster shot with medical corporations recommending a further dose. We are on 3 shots at this moment in time with certain people pushing for a 4th. We can set the bar in different places but that, to me, points at it being a short lasting vaccination.

I have no thoughts on the man himself. I'm more interested in the withdrawal of freedom of movement. I believe a country should either be open or closed. Not ever individually based on somebodies vaccination record. I'm for self isolation for a specified time whilst the present remains uncertain, but anything more makes me feel quite uncomfortable.

There are a lot of changes where I live in London that have all been pushed through in the name of a clean start after the lockdowns, with there apparently being a need for change. Even going as far as to say that the pandemic is something we brought on ourselves due to "our" unhealthy lifestyle and a lack of sustainability if you can believe such a thing. We have access removed from certain venues unless you can prove vaccinated. Covid streets, people friendly streets, low traffic neighbourhoods were all brought in because of the pandemic with those ideas set to stay permanent after the pandemic. Attempts to push through laws of being charged per mile that you drive in the city. Attempts at starting the process of removing individual car ownership and moving onto a shared car only program.

I've moved on to something else by bringing that up, but with each change you have rights removed. And that is where my interest is.

So my issue is not the man in question. It's the change of fundamental rights a person has and is entitled to. This case obviously attracts attention because of who he is, but I read this news and think about anybody who has been refused entry to any country based on their vaccination record.

I sense we will agree to disagree which is fine. I'm not really too interested in changing people's views on things. If something happens around an individuals rights that I disagree with, I will always criticise the law and the core lobby groups that pushed government to implement it.

In this case I saw the news, I was glad he fought for his rights and upset that he eventually lost that fight. I just believe he was fighting for the correct precedent to be set.

Tams

Gold Member
This sets a precedent I'm really uncomfortable with. I'm vaccinated against Covid but it should always be a choice. I don't agree with any freedoms being removed for those who opt against this particularly short lasting vaccination.
It's still a choice. There's no right to play professional tennis. And there are still plenty of countries that would have allowed him to stay while unvaccinated. But no, he chose to try it on with a country that has strict quarantine and vaccination rules. It's disrespect at the highest level. And no, I have no love for the tosspots that are the Australian government.

He's an entitled brat (see his party where lots of people caught COVID).

Tschumi

But it is a short lasting vaccine, that is a fact? I'm not saying the vaccinations available do not work for some time, they do. But we already have a booster shot with medical corporations recommending a further dose. We are on 3 shots at this moment in time with certain people pushing for a 4th. We can set the bar in different places but that, to me, points at it being a short lasting vaccination.

I have no thoughts on the man himself. I'm more interested in the withdrawal of freedom of movement. I believe a country should either be open or closed. Not ever individually based on somebodies vaccination record. I'm for self isolation for a specified time whilst the present remains uncertain, but anything more makes me feel quite uncomfortable.

There are a lot of changes where I live in London that have all been pushed through in the name of a clean start after the lockdowns, with there apparently being a need for change. Even going as far as to say that the pandemic is something we brought on ourselves due to "our" unhealthy lifestyle and a lack of sustainability if you can believe such a thing. We have access removed from certain venues unless you can prove vaccinated. Covid streets, people friendly streets, low traffic neighbourhoods were all brought in because of the pandemic with those ideas set to stay permanent after the pandemic. Attempts to push through laws of being charged per mile that you drive in the city. Attempts at starting the process of removing individual car ownership and moving onto a shared car only program.

I've moved on to something else by bringing that up, but with each change you have rights removed. And that is where my interest is.

So my issue is not the man in question. It's the change of fundamental rights a person has and is entitled to. This case obviously attracts attention because of who he is, but I read this news and think about anybody who has been refused entry to any country based on their vaccination record.

I sense we will agree to disagree which is fine. I'm not really too interested in changing people's views on things. If something happens around an individuals rights that I disagree with, I will always criticise the law and the core lobby groups that pushed government to implement it.

In this case I saw the news, I was glad he fought for his rights and upset that he eventually lost that fight. I just believe he was fighting for the correct precedent to be set.
Sorry for replying slowly, you forgot to quote me...

The precedent he was fighting for was "but I'm me" -- you're picking the wrong thing to support. You're siding with a spoiled brat, not a crusader for a man's right to be stupid.

Nobody knew mutations would come. That's their very nature, you can't vaccinate for things that don't exist. That's why the vaccines are being recommended for boosts, that's why they might end up being obsolete and having to be replaced, it's not because they're a "short lasting vaccine", it's because the virus mutates. Misrepresenting this reality is standard political double speak.

Countries like the UK would have been out of the woods months upon months ago if they didn't have a huge population of wankers who let social media convince them a mask and vaccine is a political choice. It's not a choice, it's a no brainer correct decision.

People should be shunned and banned until they get vaccinated. We don't like people who have unprotected sex and spread STDs, we shouldn't like people who have unprotected mouths and spread covid. If they want to be stupid, they can suffer the consequences.

I appreciate that you are okay with disagreeing, and aren't trying to change opinions. I've just been outlining my opinion on some of the misplaced activism in your post. You should put mental energy into protecting the rights of those getting infected with Covid by the unmasked.

Last edited:

tsumake

Sorry for replying slowly, you forgot to quote me...

The precedent he was fighting for was "but I'm me" -- you're picking the wrong thing to support. You're siding with a spoiled brat, not a crusader for a man's right to be stupid.

Nobody knew mutations would come. That's their very nature, you can't vaccinate for things that don't exist. That's why the vaccines are being recommended for boosts, that's why they might end up being obsolete and having to be replaced, it's not because they're a "short lasting vaccine", it's because the virus mutates. Misrepresenting this reality is standard political double speak.

Countries like the UK would have been out of the woods months upon months ago if they didn't have a huge population of wankers who let social media convince them a mask and vaccine is a political choice. It's not a choice, it's a no brainer correct decision.

People should be shunned and banned until they get vaccinated. We don't like people who have unprotected sex and spread STDs, we shouldn't like people who have unprotected mouths and spread covid. If they want to be stupid, they can suffer the consequences.

I appreciate that you are okay with disagreeing, and aren't trying to change opinions. I've just been outlining my opinion on some of the misplaced activism in your post. You should put mental energy into protecting the rights of those getting infected with Covid by the unmasked.

Why are people hesitant or against the vaccine?

chonga

If you believe in free choice then you must accept that Australia has the free choice to set it's own rules.

You cannot be pro-choice and be upset at this story.

Why are people hesitant or against the vaccine?

1: There are a significant amount of people that have moral objections to how the vaccine was made, and view taking it as cooperation with evil.

2: There are people that are skeptical that you can really know the safety of any medical intervention on such a short timeline. If they developed a new treatment that was shown to prevent all forms of cancer tomorrow, I'd personally probably wait at least a decade before I decided to take that treatment, despite the fact that I am risking an illness that will kill me. I know this seems counter-intuitive, but if you don't know what the long term risk of an intervention it's impossible to make a rational analysis.

3: For many people especially in the US they generally don't trust the government or private corporations. Basically they think based on various scandals in government and private corporations they have seen in their lifetime, and read about in their parents lifetimes, that if the vaccine was dangerous they would not be told, it would be covered up, and you wouldn't know until it was too late. This is made worse by the overbearing demand that people get the vaccine. The attitude of pro-vaxxers to us seems cultish. I've never had anyone in my life so insistently demand that I do something. These demands come from people that I don't think would care about me in any other context, and would probably laugh in private at my misfortune.

4: Many of the people we know personally that have gotten the vaccine, or insist that we get it, are people that in other contexts have talked loudly for their desire of depopulation, and before Covid 19 would say they wished a plague upon the earth to wipe out all the "stupid people." Most of the pro-vax people I personally know have talked loudly about their desire for depopulation. You don't get to have credibility to me on a topic regarding the value of human life when you have talked about it like this in the past.

1: There are a significant amount of people that have moral objections to how the vaccine was made, and view taking it as cooperation with evil.

2: There are people that are skeptical that you can really know the safety of any medical intervention on such a short timeline. If they developed a new treatment that was shown to prevent all forms of cancer tomorrow, I'd personally probably wait at least a decade before I decided to take that treatment, despite the fact that I am risking an illness that will kill me. I know this seems counter-intuitive, but if you don't know what the long term risk of an intervention it's impossible to make a rational analysis.

3: For many people especially in the US they generally don't trust the government or private corporations. Basically they think based on various scandals in government and private corporations they have seen in their lifetime, and read about in their parents lifetimes, that if the vaccine was dangerous they would not be told, it would be covered up, and you wouldn't know until it was too late. This is made worse by the overbearing demand that people get the vaccine. The attitude of pro-vaxxers to us seems cultish. I've never had anyone in my life so insistently demand that I do something. These demands come from people that I don't think would care about me in any other context, and would probably laugh in private at my misfortune.

4: Many of the people we know personally that have gotten the vaccine, or insist that we get it, are people that in other contexts have talked loudly for their desire of depopulation, and before Covid 19 would say they wished a plague upon the earth to wipe out all the "stupid people." Most of the pro-vax people I personally know have talked loudly about their desire for depopulation. You don't get to have credibility to me on a topic regarding the value of human life when you have talked about it like this in the past.
fiGBFVb.gif

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

There are also people that are fucking idiots and wacko nutjobs.

tsumake

Your points sounds reasonable but since you are against the vaccine I have to laugh at you.

There are also people that are fucking idiots and wacko nutjobs.

And is that not their right? Do you believe in the blank slate, that everyone is fundamentally biologically and intellectually about the same at the moment they are born, and they develop after that based on their interactions with the broader society? Then it's societies fault that they are nutjobs. If the blank slate is not the case, then some people will have incorrect beliefs regardless of anything that happens, and society will either be forced to live with them or oppress them. To me this is just as much a philosophical questions as a scientific one.

In regards to humans, what do you believe and why? What is the origin of human belief?

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
And is that not their right? Do you believe in the blank slate, that everyone is fundamentally biologically and intellectually about the same at the moment they are born, and they develop after that based on their interactions with the broader society? Then it's societies fault that they are nutjobs. If the blank slate is not the case, then some people will have incorrect beliefs regardless of anything that happens, and society will either be forced to live with them or oppress them. To me this is just as much a philosophical questions as a scientific one.

In regards to humans, what do you believe and why? What is the origin of human belief?
Dude it's a vaccine that has been scientifically proven to keep you and others safe. It's not a reason to have an existential crisis and start trying to voice our beliefs in the universe and the purpose of life.

Either get the vaccine or accept that there is going to be some issues when traveling abroad. This isn't fucking hard.

Jesus Christ.

Top Bottom