• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fault! | Novak Djokovic refused Visa after 8 hours sitting in Melbourne airport. To be kicked out.

Tschumi

King sh*t Novak "But I'm me" Djokovic has flown around the globe in the days after the Australian Open gave him an exemption to play unvaccinated in the most locked down city in the world, has arrived in Melbourne, has been separated from his entourage/enforcers, has be asked to prove why he is eligible to receive a medical exemption and has presumably found his interviewer to be immune to "but I'm me" as reasoning.

Schadenfreude GIF by MOODMAN

Proof that being extremely good at running back and forward and hitting a ball does no exempt you from having to be intelligent.

It's not over yet but an Australian court has reversed his visa cancellation.

it's over. Caribou gooooorn.

8e24f652-b650-4a4a-8615-4d64f92a5294_text.gif

Last edited:
The right thing to do but notice the timing of this?

Right as the heat is on the pm about him fucking up yet another thing that this story suddenly pops up and takes over our news??

It’s not like they had prior knowledge of him being unvaccinated…..for the last 2 years

For those that don’t know Aussie stuff most mainstream media and papers are controlled by Rupert Murdoch which put a pro government spin on everything and control anything negative being said about the pm…smokescreens are a common thing and this reeks of it

Last edited:

Tschumi

Right as the heat is on the pm about him fucking up yet another thing that this story suddenly pops up and takes over our news??

It’s not like they had prior knowledge of him being unvaccinated…..for the last 2 years
And as far as I'm aware he only changed his stance when his minister kinda overrode his original statement that it was up to the Australian Open and Victorian government, saying that the "Commonwealth government" would be the ones making the decision and their standards are higher, or somesuch.. such a nonentity this muppet

Tschumi

lifelong fan of Novak, but the dude got some worms eating away at his brain... he still thinks he's fooling anybody by attributing his infinite stamina to a vegan diet :messenger_unamused:
Totally:
He has often stressed the importance of embracing “natural” solutions; early in the pandemic he held Instagram live conversations in which he spoke of how the power of gratitude could “turn the most toxic food, or maybe most polluted water into the most healing water.” After having surgery on his right elbow in 2018, a procedure that has allowed him to win nine grand slam titles since, he said that he cried for three days. His belief in alternative medicine is complemented by his commitment to alternative history. He frequently retreats to Visoko, in the hills of Bosnia and Herzegovina, where he meets up with the businessman Semir Osmanagic – whose claims that there are ancient man-made structures with magical healing powers, refuted by scientists, have turned the hills into a lucrative tourist destination. Djokovic has also expressed his support for the ultranationalist alternative historian Jovan Deretic, whose writings claim, among other things, that numerous European cultures, including ancient Greeks, Celts and Etruscans, are descended from Serbs.
He's gonna be a politician one day and he's going to be a god awful one for minorities or rival ethnicities

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow tennis, but always found Novak an unlikeable player. He's an awesome player racking up wins but isn't classy like Federer or emotional in a likeable way like Nadal.

After having surgery on his right elbow in 2018, a procedure that has allowed him to win nine grand slam titles since, he said that he cried for three days. His belief in alternative medicine is complemented by his commitment to alternative history.

Pretty sure any meds, surgery or trainers he has are all top notch. I highly doubt he got his elbow surgery at a shitty hospital in the middle of nowhere.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And what are the chances of a fully vaccinated player/person getting covid at the Open?

Honestly this just feels like another power play.
Who knows, but tennis as an isolated individual sport so probably really low.

Some teams sports have been hit like crazy like in the NBA and NHL. Although surprisingly I dont think NFL teams seem to be hurt as bad though they have more players per team. Maybe their testing or where they hotel the players is better.

Tschumi

And what are the chances of a fully vaccinated player/person getting covid at the Open?

Honestly this just feels like another power play.
Your question isn't valid because full vaccination doesn't have as direct a bearing on infection as you imply...

I'm no WHO expert but as far as I've been educated by said experts i think the reality is that catching covid is probably close to an equal chance, but the severity of the covid and perhaps (others know more) its potency for transmission is the thing vaccines influence.

Novak's just far more likely to fuck people up as a plague rat than vaccined people, but the vaccinated people he infects would have to sit out 5 days and nuke the schedule

Editaur

Your question isn't valid because full vaccination doesn't have as direct a bearing on infection as you imply...

I'm no WHO expert but as far as I've been educated by said experts i think the reality is that catching covid is probably close to an equal chance, but the severity of the covid and perhaps (others know more) its potency for transmission is the thing vaccines influence.

Novak's just far more likely to fuck people up as a plague rat than vaccined people, but the vaccinated people he infects would have to sit out 5 days and nuke the schedule
All that I can agree with. I'm just not in the boat of blaming people/neighbors and not the incompetence of our government.

Any word if the stadium will be at full capacity?

Not sure I agree with how smart it is, for an apparently fit, healthy and well cared for multi millionaire sports person. To make bold anti vac statements, made potentially dubious medical claims. Then claim a ‘medical’ exemption to travel to a country that is having concerns and issues around covid outbreaks and limiting its own citizens and their interactions and lives (I wonder if his exemption, is that he had covid within the last 6 months)

This is a sign, in my opinion of the turning of governments on this. I do believe you will see more and more ‘changes’ to what cities and counties will allow people who refuse to get a vaccine or booster, to do. Unless genuinely medically exempt.

Even down to reducing activities in their daily lives. Even with the court of public opinion and the sea of opinions and voices that is the internet. Already in several European countries this has begun and I think this will continue, over the next months as more individual restrictions are brought in. to try avoid further wide scale lockdowns and restrictions to business.

Not saying I agree or disagree. Just that the writing is on the wall I feel and the gaps for the rich or powerful to ‘slip through’ or the loopholes they use will be closed or lead to greater scrutiny at times. Just like with those that currently preach or broadcast a message that doesn’t conform to the benefits of being jabbed, or current vaccine messaging

HoodWinked

Tennis is probably the most ideal sport for where vaccinations are the least necessary.

Social distancing is built into the game there is a literal barrier between players. Usually played outside, primarily a solo sport. Players have to be fit to be competitive. And interact using a racket so a non contact sport.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

For those that don’t know Aussie stuff most mainstream media and papers are controlled by Rupert Murdoch which put a pro government spin on everything and control anything negative being said about the pm…smokescreens are a common thing and this reeks of it
Just like they used to be in Blighty for some news channels. But a few of the papers still are.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

There’s zero chance Scotty From Marketing didn’t play this from both ends, until he knew damn well what would be of most benefit to him. He’s desperate to shift focus away from the whole RAT debacle.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I have a love hate relationship with Novaxx. On one hand, he sometimes seems like a really nice guy, and on the other hand he’s a goddamn tool. What’s even more cringey is how hard he tries to make the crowd love him. Which is why the world will never truly embrace him, as they have with Nadal and Federer.

The only person more moronic than Novax, is his idiotic dad.

I hope Novaxx is allowed to play in the AO so that Scomo and the other idiots continue to look like idiots, and for a chance for the Australian crowds to rip into Novaxx.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Everyone needs to abide by each countries rules, just like Djoko has the right to not get vaccinated.
If australian citizens are in favor of this type of enforcement, that's a whole different subject that pertains only to them.
Players should act accordingly and can either participate or boycott their competitions.
for sure.

It's when 'either participate or boycott' gets superceded by fist pumps and trophies that it irks people

Spaceman292

Banned
I dont follow tennis, but always found Novak an unlikeable player. He's an awesome player racking up wins but isn't classy like Federer or emotional in a likeable way like Nadal.

Pretty sure any meds, surgery or trainers he has are all top notch. I highly doubt he got his elbow surgery at a shitty hospital in the middle of nowhere.
He operated on himself in the woods, naked, using a knife he constructed from sharpened bamboo consecrated by a mystical shaman.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Novak Djokovic isn't show any symptoms, Australia are a bunch of bums with too many diva feelings its out of bounds to deny an athlete, keep your medical stuff to yourself this isn't how sports work.

But in court documents released on Saturday, Djokovic's lawyers argue the player had been granted a temporary visa by Tennis Australia because of his recent infection. It appears they will effectively tell the court that the decision to revoke the visa was affected by a variety of "jurisdictional errors".

There had been no prior announcement of Djokovic's Covid infection, which was confirmed by a PCR test on 16 December.
But on 17 December, Djokovic posted images to Twitter of his maskless appearance at a ceremony in which he was honoured with his own Serbian postage stamps in recognition for his achievements.

Also on 17 December, he posed maskless with young players at the Novak tennis centre.
It is unclear whether he knew he had Covid when the photos were taken.
One Serbian sports journalist told the BBC that the issue should not affect the player's appeal against deportation from Australia. But he could face a fine on return to Serbia if he knew he was positive when he attended the awards ceremony.

To those defending this prick, do you even remember that he himself infected several tennis players at one event he organized:

Fuck him, world number one tennis player right there, thinking he didn't have to respect the rules.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
You need some strong mental gymnastics to try to vilify Djokovic in this situation. Imagine Russia or China doing this to Bron.
He is not vaccinated. It's the Australia tennis body that fucked up by granting the exemption in the first place. If he was really infected in December why TF not tell it. Oh wait, because what was mentioned above - he was walking happily without mask and didn't isolate even though he was positive.

See kids, this is why you shouldn't lie - you need to keep up with your shit if you do.

tsumake

These are troubling times indeed. Have you heard of all these athletes developing heart conditions? An athlete such as Novak should be particularly vigilant.

HoodWinked

It's mind numbing seeing how nuts society has become.

On one hand Novak was completely irresponsible if he knew he was infected and attended the event in December.

However since he tested positive then negative this means he would have protection from the virus. More so than someone that has the vaccine several months ago.

So him being granted the exemption to play in Australia makes sense. He is playing a sport with minimal contact, that's a solo game and has recent natural immunity.

The exemption was given, then at the last moment people ruled by emotion revoke his visa and decide to try to deport him. Which is why it was over turned. This is where it has become completely irrational. So he's already here so we need to deport him because despite being the least capable of spreading covid he's a danger for covid? If you wanted to block him from entering or denying his visa fine but what's happening now is incompetence run amok.

He is not vaccinated. It's the Australia tennis body that fucked up by granting the exemption in the first place. If he was really infected in December why TF not tell it. Oh wait, because what was mentioned above - he was walking happily without mask and didn't isolate even though he was positive.

See kids, this is why you shouldn't lie - you need to keep up with your shit if you do.
No quarantine rule if you're asymptomatic in Serbia.
Same as the new shorter CDC guidelines now.
And when you test positive on thr 16th of December via PCR test, you might not know the result until later.

But it's not known what kind of test it was and when he was informed about him being positive.

Wait, you are telling me the official guideline of CDC now is if you don't have symptoms you can go around and infect others?

benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF
Yes.
If you test positive and are asymptomatic you can go back to leave quarantine after 5 days without another test that has to be negative.

Tho you should wear a mask for 5 additional days if you're around other people.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Yes.
If you test positive and are asymptomatic you can go back to leave quarantine after 5 days without another test that has to be negative.
Ok, so there is still a quarantine of 5 days. That's more logical and in line with what we have in France. Here (only if you are fully vaccinated) you can leave quarantine after 5 days, if not after 7 days.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ok, so there is still a quarantine of 5 days. That's more logical and in line with what we have in France. Here (only if you are fully vaccinated) you can leave quarantine after 5 days, if not after 7 days.

UK will changing to this very soon too I’d imagine. The damage the longer isolation period is doing to the workforce and the economy can’t go on.

Top Bottom