• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

EDarkness

I'm trying to get through this Lostbelt thing, but damn, it's soooooo boring. I hope I can finish it today. This time the goal was to actually read the story since I've alway felt like I've been a bit too critical, but I think it's just not for me. Gonna keep reading to the end, though. To think there will be six more of these....

Zambatoh

Happy 3rd Anniversary everyone!
JIw2Swa.png

Oooooooh shiiit! I've actually been playing this for 3 years...
DlLBYck.jpg

JORMBO

Darkness no more
It looks like you have to sign on today to get the quartz so hopefully everyone remembers.

45 more steel left to farm for Skadi. If I manage to get them all in time I expect to fail the banner.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I've been working on free quests this week since I never do them. Over 400 SQ now. I think I'll get 150+ with Anni? That should be a decent stash for Skadi.

EDarkness

I finished Lost Belt 1. Not sure how I finished it, but I did. Slept though the las fight and had to use a SQ to finish it. It's done now. I can move on....

Zambatoh

I managed to farm about 48 Aurora Steel. I think that's enough for 2 of Skadi's skills.
If I manage to pull her from the gatcha, I can almost begin farming right away. Almost being that I still have to level her up and probably don't have enough XP cards to do it yet.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I managed to farm about 48 Aurora Steel. I think that's enough for 2 of Skadi's skills.
If I manage to pull her from the gatcha, I can almost begin farming right away. Almost being that I still have to level her up and probably don't have enough XP cards to do it yet.

There are 20 steel in the shop in August if you are not in a rush to max.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got her maxed now. I did Extra for the GSSR and got two - Holmes and Kiara. They were two I was hoping not to get but I won't complain about getting 2 SSRs.

RZUckqg.jpg

Pejo

Well, damage report:

16 tickets, 1000 some quartz

-Fionn
-Nito (this one hurt)
-Atalantazerker
-2 Hercs in the same pull, what are the odds of this
-Atalnta (archer)
-Helena (this one hurt even more)
-Lancervlad
-D'Eon
-Nezha
-Fran
-Lobo
-Siegfried
-Skadi (finally)

Did the extra class GSSR and got one of the two I didn't want, - Holmes. At least I got 2 more Salieri to get him to NP3.

What a disaster of a rng session. I'm out of quartz and done until new summer banners, and more than a little pissed off.

Zambatoh

I lost track of how many quartz I used (after 17 tickets), But I managed to get her. And I still have 506 quartz left over.

Aside from Skadi, I unexpectedly drew my first Chiron and Avicebron. And then an additional 2 Avicebrons after that, then a Chevalier and a Lancer Lizzy. I also got several of the anniversary cards, but not enough to fully limit break them.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my loot today.

hovaFZj.png
MP3LTLG.jpg

EDarkness

Welp, I don't even need to say anything for you guys to guess how my session went. I even went against my better judgement and bought some SQ. At close to 1000 SQ used, I got 6 4* units...3 of those was Marie Reed. Couple of folks I thought I had, but I didn't. No 5* units and no Caster Scath. The most depressing bunch of rolls I've ever had in this game (and they've been bad). I give up, man. Game hates me.

EDIT: Only silver lining was that I pulled on the 15 Paid SQ Archer banner and got archer Artoria. Been trying to get her for a long time. Sadly, she's my first 5* Archer unit...ever.

Last edited:

deanote666

I pulled on the Archer GSSR hoping to NP2 my archer saber but got NP2 Moriarty instead.

With around 780 SQ and 20 tickets, I got 1 Skadi, 8 rare prisms, and 1 4* NP increase.

My 50 day SQ was right after maintenance so I was able to get the extra 10 SQ on that right away!

Last edited:

Pejo

I'd like to skip this one, I've been really burning through the ember mines lately leveling up a ton of servants, and I'm a bit burnt out. At least I got Ishtar to NP5 last year, so I can just go for any tickets/materials that I'm low on and forget about the rest.

deanote666

Oh good. I can finally get my revenge on the Bull of Heaven's hoof!
I had 1st hassassin more or less solo it last year. Have him at NP2 this year...

I'd like to skip this one, I've been really burning through the ember mines lately leveling up a ton of servants, and I'm a bit burnt out. At least I got Ishtar to NP5 last year, so I can just go for any tickets/materials that I'm low on and forget about the rest.
You'll NEVER have enough of any materials... Think 300 is plenty? Next thing you know, you're farming free quests for more after you ran out! The farming never ends! Get the materials when you can!!!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I only have one or two Rider Ishtars so I will grab a few more copies to NP5 her. Not sure why I didn’t do that last year. I think my squad may have been pretty weak at that time.

Debating between rolling on BB or Dantes next month. Leaning towards Dantes since he would be more practical.

deanote666

Don't rule out BB. There's some niche encounters where she'll be valuable.

Skadi's banner had the 4 servants I'm missing... Only got 1 of the 4...

Zambatoh

I only have one or two Rider Ishtars so I will grab a few more copies to NP5 her. Not sure why I didn’t do that last year. I think my squad may have been pretty weak at that time.

Debating between rolling on BB or Dantes next month. Leaning towards Dantes since he would be more practical.

If memory serves it was because the quests required to actually get Ishtar are very difficult if you're not prepared for it. One of the trickier fights especially was the Lobo fight who can insta-kill you fairly quickly and often if you don't have a proper charge-nuking team.

EDarkness

I just looked and seems like I got Istar to NP5. Shocked me since I didn't think I put that much time into the Summer event. Not much I need from this one, but I might throw a few tickets at it to see if I can get a couple of the units I wanted. Though, the game hates me, so I doubt I'll end up with much.

Pejo

I just realized I fucked up. I wanted to exchange my 2 anniversary CEs for Martha and Raikou, but I just tried to get Raikou and discovered that I need to have cleared Shimousa to do so. Last night I started through, and was surprised to find out that they fucking force an under-leveled Musashi up your ass the entire singularity, which makes things way more difficult and annoying to get through.

Wait - I thought I only had until the end of the anniversary event to finish it, but I just checked the redemption screen, and it looks like I have 9 days, whew. Still, really stupid to tie anniversary redemption awards to singularity completion.

deanote666

I just realized I fucked up. I wanted to exchange my 2 anniversary CEs for Martha and Raikou, but I just tried to get Raikou and discovered that I need to have cleared Shimousa to do so. Last night I started through, and was surprised to find out that they fucking force an under-leveled Musashi up your ass the entire singularity, which makes things way more difficult and annoying to get through.

Wait - I thought I only had until the end of the anniversary event to finish it, but I just checked the redemption screen, and it looks like I have 9 days, whew. Still, really stupid to tie anniversary redemption awards to singularity completion.

I always used the battle suit mystic code and switched her out the first turn.

Sucks the copy they force you to use is under leveled but it does make sense though. Story fights not involving the key player aren't right.

"You killed my father. But these random people are going to fight you instead of me."

More importantly, the leveling up of the story Musashi is actually relevant to the events of Shimousa and is very well thought out.

Shimousa is by far my favorite of the EoR chapters. Especially at the end which is kino as fuck. Salem is pretty good too but it's a pretty big come down from Shimousa.

Zambatoh

I just threw up every Summer character I have up on Support and then half-assedly threw up some CEs for them. At the very least, the characters themselves will act as the point multipliers, no matter who you borrow.
Unless you're borrowing my Skadi that is, in which case I gave her the Shop CE to make up for her lack of passive bonuses.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well I just finished Shimousa, pretty good honestly. I was planning on skipping the story to just power through it, but got interested reading it and kept going. The ending kinda felt unresolved and man I felt awful for those kids, but the story was good enough. I did cringe a bit at the "zero vs infinity" sword wanking though.

Anyways, I got my Raikou CE and then saw that the commemorative quest for 1 ticket was the Raikou/Shuten fight so I said no fucking way. Besides, I already blew my Command Seals on the version of that fight in the story earlier today. I was so close too, but I didn't feel like doing the fight over from scratch so I just revived and finished it off. The only other fight I had trouble with was Amakusa. Luckily his NP does not wipe out Herc's CE Guts, so I managed to eke out a win. The forced Musashi stuff wasn't so bad after all, it was easy enough to work around. I was surprised that doing the chapter unlocks some extra NP visual effects for Musashi, that part was pretty cool.

EDarkness

I think I'm finally done with this game. I came to the conclusion last night after I did another set of pulls and got nothing. I figure that's just life telling me that it's time to drop this game along with all of the other gacha games I've dropped recently. It's been generally fun, but the game really abuses me and I think it's time to stop the abuse. Maybe I'll see you guys in another game in the future. :)

Pejo

So an Extra-verse pokemon with fate characters? Looks ok I guess, but I find the Extra characters not as compelling (servants aside). At least Emiya doesn't have the mullet yet in this one.

Still, with all the billions of dollars FGO makes, you'd think they could do a little more with other games. Actually, reminds me a lot of Pokemon Sw/Sh for that reason too. So much money, and all we get are shallow low quality games.

Zambatoh

Damn! That looks real nice. Way better then a remaster. That screenshot of Rin stands out a lot too.

Btw, this is the proper trailer shown on their website.

Last edited:

Pejo

When does part 2 of last year's summer banner drop? I am wondering if I should go for a second copy of Rider Alter now that Quick is more viable. Wouldn't mind an extra copy or two of Raikou too, she's been my go-to single target lancer. She has a fantastic kit for bursting down archer bosses.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
When does part 2 of last year's summer banner drop? I am wondering if I should go for a second copy of Rider Alter now that Quick is more viable. Wouldn't mind an extra copy or two of Raikou too, she's been my go-to single target lancer. She has a fantastic kit for bursting down archer bosses.

Looking at the JP banners part 2 started a week after part 1.

Top Bottom