• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

EDarkness

Damn, you guys are lucky as hell. I've burned a crapton of SQ and haven't even gotten a 4* unit. Ugh. I was doing so well saving, too. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten anything of value out of using almost all of my free SQ. Oh well, I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

deanote666

Finished the event. Only had a handful of statues left in the shop after finishing all of the missions so there was only 2 grinding quests after finishing the event. I could have left them but I was close enough.

Finished the challenge quest in 10 turns. Only had Li left with 1400 HP lol. No seals needed!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I finished the missions and most of the shop. I just have to do the CQ later.

Looking forward to LB2 then Skadi salt after.

deanote666

I just kind of forced my way through the CQ. I read what the boss does but didn't look up a strategy.

I had Li with a MLB kscope and dual wavers. Then Okita alter with MLB kscope, Hijikata with MLB kscope, and Mash.

Used Li's NP and then used both wavers to recharge for another NP.

After the first break bar, I switched Li out for Okita alter.

After she murdered alter and some of the wavers, the others came out again and Li still did great damage, despite no type advantage.

With the boss's buffs, it's best to just do as much damage as fast as possible than try and focus on defense buffs. She can one hit KO your characters with her buffs.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I just kind of forced my way through the CQ. I read what the boss does but didn't look up a strategy.

I had Li with a MLB kscope and dual wavers. Then Okita alter with MLB kscope, Hijikata with MLB kscope, and Mash.

Used Li's NP and then used both wavers to recharge for another NP.

After the first break bar, I switched Li out for Okita alter.

After she murdered alter and some of the wavers, the others came out again and Li still did great damage, despite no type advantage.

With the boss's buffs, it's best to just do as much damage as fast as possible than try and focus on defense buffs. She can one hit KO your characters with her buffs.

I ended up being lazy and just using Scathach + MLB Black Grail + command seals :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Pejo

I ended up being lazy and just using Scathach + MLB Black Grail + command seals :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Man I always forget about Command Seals. I haven't even used one in months. I still am grinding through missions, but I like this idea for taking her out quickly.

Pejo

Holy shit this event is way bigger of a grind than I was expecting. I'm still not done with like 9 hours left to go. I didn't even wait until the end this time, I was just using natural AP though. I've been clearing out missions since last night and somehow still need like 50 gold/silver nobus and those hero robots. I actually am only a few misc items away from fully clearing the shop but I'm still left with this many kills on the missions, not sure how I fucked that up so bad.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Holy shit this event is way bigger of a grind than I was expecting. I'm still not done with like 9 hours left to go. I didn't even wait until the end this time, I was just using natural AP though. I've been clearing out missions since last night and somehow still need like 50 gold/silver nobus and those hero robots. I actually am only a few misc items away from fully clearing the shop but I'm still left with this many kills on the missions, not sure how I fucked that up so bad.

One of the guides I glanced over at the start said most people may have to burn a few apples to fully clear everything.

Pejo

One of the guides I glanced over at the start said most people may have to burn a few apples to fully clear everything.
Whew, just finished. That was way more than I wanted to play in the past 24 hours. Cleared shop with extra currency to spare. That was a pretty good event though, currency aside. It wasn't all jokes for the first half at least.

Zambatoh

I just managed to clear the challenge quest myself.
I originally had no intention of doing it, but I was like, "fuck it!" and did it anyway.
I fully expected to use my Commands Seals before the fight was over, but thanks to Mash, my punch saint just barely managed to finish Nobu off with a few thousand HP to spare.
No Command Seals needed!

Pejo

For those that play JP/know what's coming for NA - Are there any more serious events on the horizon, similar to CCC? The joke events are always a good time, but that one stands head and shoulders above the other events for me personally.

Also, the more I used Majin Okita, the more I like her. I'm going to miss that 100% damage bonus for sure though. She's got pretty decent ATK even outside of her event, so I might gold Fou her.

Zambatoh

For those that play JP/know what's coming for NA - Are there any more serious events on the horizon, similar to CCC? The joke events are always a good time, but that one stands head and shoulders above the other events for me personally.

Also, the more I used Majin Okita, the more I like her. I'm going to miss that 100% damage bonus for sure though. She's got pretty decent ATK even outside of her event, so I might gold Fou her.

We have Kama's event next year, which is basically a continuation of the Beast III arc.

EDarkness

This last event was so grindy. I gave up after I got Sakamoto. I probably could have finished it, but had not intentions of wasting anymore time on it. Glad it's over. Hope the next one is better.

Pejo

This last event was so grindy. I gave up after I got Sakamoto. I probably could have finished it, but had not intentions of wasting anymore time on it. Glad it's over. Hope the next one is better.
Did you get him to NP5 or just stopped after perma-unlock?

Zambatoh

Hijikata has his priorities straight I see.
fTl9tvL.png

Last edited:

Pejo

1/2 AP LB1, and 10 quartz if you clear LB1 before LB2.

Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing the next 2 weeks.
Yea looks as good a time as any to power through LB1. I've still been pissing around with EoR slowly, I'm not even through Shinjuku yet lol.

EDarkness

Is this Lost Belt stuff fun, or is it more BS story with BS fights? I should probably get it done since I need the SQ, but I dread having to play through this stuff....

Pejo

2dbm6Hp.png

Ok guys, time to plan ahead. You get to pick 2, who are you going for?

Martha and Raikou

deanote666

CE Choices...

Managed to NP2 Napoleon with 270 SQ. Got 5 Rare prisms, a NP upgrade on the amazon berserker, and berserker Atlante NP upgrade. Also got my 17th kscope.

Just realized all 4 of the servants I'm missing are getting paired up with Skadi...

Last edited:
Really interesting that we might potentially get a new black servant.

_LM51KvSagAmFIOuH2vccLtzbQvIeCiax_MxkYiNKLU.jpg

She's from Fate/Requiem and I wonder whether we might get her or Galahad Alter in the rerun of Fate/Requiem event next year. Would be amazing to get either or both.

Zambatoh

Ha! Famous last words.

There shouldn't be too many issues in the first place. But on the off chance that you lost access to your account, reinserting your transfer code will get it back. But if you never set a transfer code in the first place, then you better really hope you didn't lose access to it.

EDarkness

Ha! Famous last words.

There shouldn't be too many issues in the first place. But on the off chance that you lost access to your account, reinserting your transfer code will get it back. But if you never set a transfer code in the first place, then you better really hope you didn't lose access to it.

Oh damn, I didn't even think about that. Ugh. If my account is gone, then I guess I'm done playing this game.

Zambatoh

The QOL update that we're getting with this engine upgrade is massive. A lot of my own personal grievances with the UI is being addressed with this update. Also It looks like they've added Google Backup support.

Pejo

Just updating this morning and holy shit this download is a dog.

On the bright side, the other day I threw a few tickets and a 10 pull trying to snag Napoleon:

zCJ3PUA.jpg

I'm really starting to worry that my luck streak is going to break for Skadi, given how much I want to get her to make my favorite servants more useful. I really don't want another Dantes situation where I just literally can't pull her. Desire sensor is my enemy.

Those QoL updates look nice, though for any important fights I still will probably look up the enemy makeup on one of the wikis to carefully build a team. I do like being able to shuffle CEs around on the party menu easily though, that was always a pain in the ass. Also cool that we can have event/main supports active at the same time. Repeat feature is nice for stuff like lotto events, but I wish the game really had an "auto" mode. Kinda impossible with the card based battle system, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it. Though honestly, AP costs are too high and the regen is too low to even bother with auto mode, since it would only run 2-3 times. In the time it took me to write this post and read all the update news, I'm still only at 59% :messenger_anxious:

Pejo

Well I'm about 20 ice short of farming what I can farm right now. The rest are things you can't get until LB2. At least they're "silver" quality items, not gold I guess.

Hey I remember reading you get 10 SQ if you finish LB1 by a certain date - anyone know what the date cutoff is?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Well I'm about 20 ice short of farming what I can farm right now. The rest are things you can't get until LB2. At least they're "silver" quality items, not gold I guess.

Hey I remember reading you get 10 SQ if you finish LB1 by a certain date - anyone know what the date cutoff is?

Clear Lostbelt No. 1: Anastasia by 7/1/2020 20:59 PDT to receive 10x Saint Quartz!

deanote666

Managed to NP2 Sigurd, NP3 Valkyrie, Jack spook (NP3), Chiron NP5 upgrade, Pavati NP4 upgrade without hurting the wallet tooooo much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom