• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

Yeah it is a lotto. I didn't realize it was until this week so I had planned on skipping it completely originally. It looks like it caps out at 10 boxes though so it's not the full lotto that should hit with the next Christmas event.
I might look up what I need to do to get tickets/SQ, but I think this one is a skip for me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss dead weeks in this game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I might look up what I need to do to get tickets/SQ, but I think this one is a skip for me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss dead weeks in this game.

SQ is really easy. I think it was just 8 quick quests. Since it's a rerun you can just skip all the text. It should take less then 20 minutes to knock all that out.

Last edited:
A bit burnt out and this event didn't seen that interesting to me, still I'm dragging along but I'm not sure I will even get the welfare servant.

Pejo

Well I beat the 8 or 9 story quests and got my quartz and ticket at least. Still haven't touched the grinding stages and probably won't. Already had Santa Altera last year. Are we getting a GSSR for thanksgiving, or does that come later?

Pejo

Spent 90 sq getting the last copy of Musashi I needed. At NP5 she is now fully maxed.
Congrats! That your first NP5 5*? She's a great one to have for max buster memes and synergizes with dual Merlin so well. I rolled for her NP2 as well because I was so impressed with yours, haha.

I just checked my roster to see which 5* NP5s I had, because none of them were intentional, and I had way more than I expected. Altera/Waver/Tamamo/Vlad. Talk about a useless group to have NP5. Only 2 of them are even damaging NPs, and they both suck. I looked my NP4s and I had a few good ones there - Ozy/Drake, but then I also had NP4 Nightengale and Arjuna, who I never use. Man, the non-limited pool has some stinkers.

Zambatoh

I threw a few yolo rolls at the Eresh banner and got Fionn.
I've had pretty good luck in Genshin lately, but not FGO. How odd given the former's lower drop rates.

Pejo

I threw a few yolo rolls at the Eresh banner and got Fionn.
I've had pretty good luck in Genshin lately, but not FGO. How odd given the former's lower drop rates.
Ouch, that gold card flipping must have been a heart breaker. Well, in ~2 years Fionn finally gets good when Castoria comes out, so there's that!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Congrats! That your first NP5 5*? She's a great one to have for max buster memes and synergizes with dual Merlin so well. I rolled for her NP2 as well because I was so impressed with yours, haha.

I just checked my roster to see which 5* NP5s I had, because none of them were intentional, and I had way more than I expected. Altera/Waver/Tamamo/Vlad. Talk about a useless group to have NP5. Only 2 of them are even damaging NPs, and they both suck. I looked my NP4s and I had a few good ones there - Ozy/Drake, but then I also had NP4 Nightengale and Arjuna, who I never use. Man, the non-limited pool has some stinkers.

My first and probably will be my only 5* NP5. I got my first 4 copies of her with under 200 SQ total, so I just got really lucky.

Pejo

I finished the lost belt. They really ramped up the difficulty on a few of those later fights.
I took this downtime to focus on the pseudo singularities, I'm about 3/4 through Shinjuku now at least. Christmas event only requires Anastasia clear, so I wasn't worried about rushing LB3. Was this one as text heavy as the past two?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I took this downtime to focus on the pseudo singularities, I'm about 3/4 through Shinjuku now at least. Christmas event only requires Anastasia clear, so I wasn't worried about rushing LB3. Was this one as text heavy as the past two?

Probably as much as the last two. The beginning moved fast because of the prologue.

Pejo

I'm a little happy about this considering I use Arash for nearly all farming, but a little upset about it because it's going to take slightly longer to farm now:

*edit - here's one that shows all the new NPs

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I wanted to try to get NP2 Yu, ended up getting NP2 mothman along for the ride with nearly identical back to back 10 pulls with both of them in it. Total 120 Quartz and 8 tickets spent.

Then just reading up on her NP, I noticed that she removes her own damn buffs before using NP each time. What the FUCK. Who in the world thought that was a good idea. I mean yea she loses her own debuffs too, but just seems stupid. Does her S1 (debuff immunity) stop this effect, or only her S2?

Anyway, also got that horse lad, I haven't started LB3 yet, so I have no idea who he is and kinda laughed when he popped up. Never even saw him before in my many trips to the wiki.

K.S v2.0

Banned
I came back to this recently after quitting for a year and just realized I have to clear ALL of Lostbelt to play the upcoming event, ugh... At least there's the 75% AP cost reduction going on...

Pejo

I came back to this recently after quitting for a year and just realized I have to clear ALL of Lostbelt to play the upcoming event, ugh... At least there's the 75% AP cost reduction going on...
Hope you have a lot of free time or plan on skipping story. The lostbelts are VERY text heavy. It's worth noting that you don't have to clear the Pseudo singularities to do the events. I had to go from not having any of the lostbelt done to beating Anastasia to be able to do the recent Halloween event, and it took me the better part of 5 days playing for a few hours each night.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Hope you have a lot of free time or plan on skipping story. The lostbelts are VERY text heavy. It's worth noting that you don't have to clear the Pseudo singularities to do the events. I had to go from not having any of the lostbelt done to beating Anastasia to be able to do the recent Halloween event, and it took me the better part of 5 days playing for a few hours each night.

That's what I'm doing... I can always revisit the story later but ugh. I'm glad my Servant roster is decently strong but goddamn am I feeling the lack of a Castoria. Apparently she is the new 'must have' support Caster... Pretty much every single time I pick her as my rent-a-support... Glad I have my own Merlin at least for Buster teams. I can't run dual Castoria but I can at least run Castoria+Tamamo for Arts teams.

Emiya's new buffs make me moist... I'm glad I have him at NP5.

PS: JP version player, not NA.

Last edited:

Pejo

That's what I'm doing... I can always revisit the story later but ugh. I'm glad my Servant roster is decently strong but goddamn am I feeling the lack of a Castoria. Apparently she is the new 'must have' support Caster... Pretty much every single time I pick her as my rent-a-support... Glad I have my own Merlin at least for Buster teams. I can't run dual Castoria but I can at least run Castoria+Tamamo for Arts teams.

Emiya's new buffs make me moist... I'm glad I have him at NP5.

PS: JP version player, not NA.
Yea I figured that out when you mentioned Castora, haha. How do you handle translation for the JP version, or do you just read katakana?

Also, for NA folks, here is this year in banners:

fo6heaisax261.png

Pejo

I'm trying for Hokusai again this New Years then will probably save until Summer Musashi.
I wouldn't mind getting a Beni, but god damn the rest of that banner is a stinker. Think I'll wait for a rerun or alt banner.

My big draws this coming year are Kama (hoping to get NP2), Ganesha, Mommy Nobu, Summer servants as always, and then Calamity Jane. I still have to hope I get Brad whenever she finally drops. I guess based on the image they're expecting to see her this year still.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Yea I figured that out when you mentioned Castora, haha. How do you handle translation for the JP version, or do you just read katakana?

I can read about 70% of it, and the words I don't know I just grab a dictionary.

Castoria is really just way way too good. Even if you're not using an Arts team, her NP is just TOO good. I came back in time for Himiko's release and had about 300 free quartz for the year I missed, so I rolled and got Himiko. I tell you, a Himiko+Merlin+Castoria team is the ultimate in stalling teams, esp if the Castoria has higher than NP1.

Pejo

Well, got NP2 Brad, but I had to use THAT.

8253151.jpg

Wasn't too bad, 240 quartz and 8 tickets spent, but more than I was hoping. Small price to pay for Paladin ass.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ended up spending more then I wanted to on this banner - around 200 SQ. Got 3 copies of each Martha and a random Waver.

Pejo

Ended up spending more then I wanted to on this banner - around 200 SQ. Got 3 copies of each Martha and a random Waver.
That's not a bad haul for 200 quartz overall. The only SRs I got were a random ass Caster Gil and the pirates. I was kinda hoping to get my last copy to NP5 summer Martha, but it is what it is. Now that I got NP2 Mothman I doubt I'll be using Martha often anymore for challenge quests.

deanote666

Think I got 5 rider Martha and 2-3 summer Martha. Maxed summer Martha getting NP5 summer saber.

Lots of people seem to be getting Waver on this banner.

Martha!!!!

Pejo

Well, looks like since revenue is down, they've decided to pander to the fujos. Let's see if it pays off for them.

Instead of this..
FGO Arcade:
SuzukaSantaArcade4.png

FGO mobile gets this:
bdu4tv8tli561.jpg

I swear to god, if they release Tiamat as FGO Arcade exclusive I'm going to fly to Japan and shit on their doorsteps.

Edit*

George animation update though, I dig it. He's one of my favorite bronze servants.

Last edited:

Pejo

I gotta say 2x Skadi/Dantes farming has made this event a breeze. I still need to get some mats to max out my Skadi skills, should be even easier and more consistent then. I just realized that to do the New Years event, I need to have cleared SIN. Why do they do this to us....

deanote666

Been slacking off this event (dang genshin).

Still under 50 boxes. Saw people on twitter with over 800 boxes days ago...

Got my NP3 Bradamante up to level 96.

Only 1 CE drop....

Pejo

Yea i dropped off at 12 boxes, about where I usually end up in these lotto events. I wasn't a big fan of those 2 man battles, thank god that's not usually a thing. I have no idea how someone can do this over and over again for 800 boxes worth of drops/stages. I'd go insane. I don't really know when I'm going to have time to finish Sin in the next week or so, guess maybe I'll do an hour or two a night until I catch up. Need to have it cleared to do the new years stuff though, so onward I go.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
800 boxes?! I did around 50 one lottery and felt completely burnt out after.

I only did 11 this time since I’ve been paying Cyberpunk. My rolls have been bad for awhile now so I haven’t added many new servants that I want to level. I have a lot of mats piling up so lottery doesn’t feel as urgent.

I did over 120 boxes during the lotto earlier this year so I can take it easy this time around. I'm thinking I'll probably go as far as 20 boxes or so and call it, the important thing is making sure I get all the unique items because this event has never been rerun in JP so it's your only chance for Ruler Quetz and the other stuff that isn't obtainable elsewhere.

Last edited:

Pejo

I did over 120 boxes during the lotto earlier this year so I can take it easy this time around. I'm thinking I'll probably go as far as 20 boxes or so and call it, the important thing is making sure I get all the unique items because this event has never been rerun in JP so it's your only chance for Ruler Quetz and the other stuff that isn't obtainable elsewhere.
What stuff are we talking about besides Quetz? The command codes, or is there more than that even?

Pejo

Here we go my dudes. Hopes? Hopeful "nots"? Thoughts?

info_03_e6rp0.png

I DON'T want: Any Caster, Any Saber, Any Ruler or any Alter Ego.

I wouldn't mind getting: Iskandar, Summer BB, Dantes, Summer Alter, Gramps.

Last edited:
They are all Limited at least, so you'll get at least 1 thing that you can't pull on any normal banner.

In other words: NO SPOOKS! Fuck you too, Vlad!

Last edited:

deanote666

On the GSSR, I have 13 of them at NP1 so I almost have a 1 in 3 chance to NP2 one of them and 4 of them at NP5 so I have almost 1 in 10 chance at a unregistered origin (currently at 9).

Still working through SIN but genshin....

Pejo

Not sure I'm going to make this one. I've read in several places that it gets a rerun next year, and there's no welfare servant, so I might just give up for now and keep farming QP so I can max out a few more skills.

Pejo

Uh oh, DW pressed one of their panic buttons. 2nd horseman of the "uh oh"-pocolypse would be playable Tiamat servant (which I want very badly) .

Servant Muramasa:

Also, Eresh got an Arcade-only costume. Bastards. Why are they not doing content parity between Arcade and GO? Stupid.

Last edited:

Pejo

AH fuck this. I got a caster, but at least it was Summer Nero, NP4 now. Also got Rama NP2, so it wasn't all bad I guess. I saw that caster card and was hoping like hell it was just an off banner 4*. Looks like my 2021 is off to a predictably mediocre start. Don't forget to buy all the New Years stuff in the shop.

Top Bottom