• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Is this your gameplay? Man I've never seen FGO get close to steady 60FPS before this.

Yeah it's mine. And YouTube might be helping to make it steady lol. But the game does stay pretty close to 60fps on my phone (Pixel 6a).

Just make sure this setting is enabled:
Screenshot-20240217-080025.png

Pejo

Yeah it's mine. And YouTube might be helping to make it steady lol. But the game does stay pretty close to 60fps on my phone (Pixel 6a).

Just make sure this setting is enabled:
Screenshot-20240217-080025.png
Holy shit...

When was this added? It looks amazing like this! I can't be 100% sure but it feels faster too. This is a game changer, it looks so smooth and good...

Also, regarding your vid - that's nice damage. I really like Melusine, but for me the grinding is all about efficiency in this game since it's always a manual grind. Being locked to a specific mystic code and having to do a swap and press so many buttons would make that feel awful during grind events. Back when I rolled for the buster loop meta characters, I was informed that we'd get 90++ nodes that arts looping can't 3 turn, but until we get that, I'm sticking with my 2x Castoria/Summer Kama.

Holy shit...

When was this added? It looks amazing like this! I can't be 100% sure but it feels faster too. This is a game changer, it looks so smooth and good...

Also, regarding your vid - that's nice damage. I really like Melusine, but for me the grinding is all about efficiency in this game since it's always a manual grind. Being locked to a specific mystic code and having to do a swap and press so many buttons would make that feel awful during grind events. Back when I rolled for the buster loop meta characters, I was informed that we'd get 90++ nodes that arts looping can't 3 turn, but until we get that, I'm sticking with my 2x Castoria/Summer Kama.

I mean, I'd probably do less button mashing if I stick to Space Ishtar/2x Castoria...but that's the team I've been using ever since Castoria came out (and before that I used Spishtar with 2x Skadi). Needless to say I'm pretty sick of seeing her NP at this point lol. It's nice to use different stuff now.

Also an advantage for Buster looping is not having to worry about NP refund. So the weird waves of less than 3 enemies (or waves of Assassins/Berserkers that give less NP refund) don't matter any more.

Before I got Oberon, I was using 2x Light Koyan/Morgan with Aerial Drive CE/Waver (until I got Reines, then she replaced Waver).

EDIT: Random factoid, the reason I refer to Melusine as "Blue Melu White Dragon" is, aside from her obvious blueish-white color scheme, the fact that I got her to NP3. And BEWD was always my favorite in Yugioh lol.

Last edited:

Pejo

I mean, I'd probably do less button mashing if I stick to Space Ishtar/2x Castoria...but that's the team I've been using ever since Castoria came out (and before that I used Spishtar with 2x Skadi). Needless to say I'm pretty sick of seeing her NP at this point lol. It's nice to use different stuff now.
Yep! Variety is the spice of life. I still use my souped up Double Skadi/Bradamante for QP farming since it's an easy 3 turn and, well, booty.

I've been going though and just viewing all of the NPs with high quality mode enabled. I feel like a kid in a candy store. It looks so dramatically better with a higher framerate, I can't help myself.

deanote666

Holy shit...

If you get caught up in the story, you get a 2nd mystic code with a party order change skill. :messenger_winking:

Pejo

1c8or6fyiomc1.png

Brad finally got her NP damage buff (and crit buff added too). So in 1 year she'll get her NP Gain buff and in 2 years she'll get the damage portion. In 2026 I'll be full on Brad looping without wierd mystic code shenanigans!

The Recollection Quests aren't so bad but WEW, the Super Recollection Quests are no joke.

It took 40-50 turns for my immortal comp (Morgan/Merlin/Castoria) to beat each one.

The Anastasia one was some extra bs. 3 break bars of 1mil+ HP, then a 1mil HP Guts. The final turn below:

Screenshot_20240309-223549.png

I call it the immortal comp but I always keep my Lvl 90 10/10/10 Heracles with Bond CE in the back row, just in case lol. Only time I had to use him in the Super Recollection Quests was vs Asterios cause I was tired and forgot to hit Castoria's NP card when I did Morgan and Merlin's NP, so no Anti-Enforcement Defense and Morgan got killed.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like this event is coming smack dab after New York. Are they finally speeding up NA version? I fucking hope so.

deanote666

Looks like this event is coming smack dab after New York. Are they finally speeding up NA version? I fucking hope so.

Does that mean you'll start LB5?

Speeding up is a baaaaad thing. That means they want the 2 versions to end at the same time and would mean JP doesn't have long left.

2 games I'm aware of ended not long after the US/global version caught up to JP.

Looks like it is only about a week or so early. Not enough to raise the alarm yet.

Pejo

Just play the event, costumes are bought with drops.
I see Xu Fu is the shop NPC this time, is she out to roll right now too? If I recall, she's 3* so is she in FP or the event banners only, or is she still not out yet?

*edit*

Decided to switch stuff up since my Arts looping team has made the game extremely boring, and found a weird 3 turn setup that works with Koyan of Darkness and Jacques de Molay for the hardest farming node. Kinda nice not seeing the exact same NP over and over again. My Arash is set to wipe the first round but annoyingly depending on RNG he leaves 1-2 of them alive sometimes and it's never the same ones. I guess I could grail him again to get his ATK up a bit more...

Last edited:

Pejo

So how does this command card work exactly?
aFuiC8U.jpg

It says it increases NP strength and then gives NP gain to the card it's attached to. You cannot bind codes to NPs as far as I know.
  • Is that just a permanent passive if you have the code bound to a card on your character for that character?
  • Is it only active if you hit the enemy first with the bound card? So like if I put it on my Summer Kama's Arts card, then do Arts -> NP -> Arts chain.
    • If that's how it works, is it one turn from the end of the turn or do you have to do it all at once?
    • Or is it only applicable if the card is selected in the 5 random cards in the deck, regardless if you use it or not?
So many questions.

deanote666

I see Xu Fu is the shop NPC this time, is she out to roll right now too? If I recall, she's 3* so is she in FP or the event banners only, or is she still not out yet?

*edit*

Decided to switch stuff up since my Arts looping team has made the game extremely boring, and found a weird 3 turn setup that works with Koyan of Darkness and Jacques de Molay for the hardest farming node. Kinda nice not seeing the exact same NP over and over again. My Arash is set to wipe the first round but annoyingly depending on RNG he leaves 1-2 of them alive sometimes and it's never the same ones. I guess I could grail him again to get his ATK up a bit more...
It's space xu fu and she's not in the pool yet.
So how does this command card work exactly?
aFuiC8U.jpg

It says it increases NP strength and then gives NP gain to the card it's attached to. You cannot bind codes to NPs as far as I know.
  • Is that just a permanent passive if you have the code bound to a card on your character for that character?
  • Is it only active if you hit the enemy first with the bound card? So like if I put it on my Summer Kama's Arts card, then do Arts -> NP -> Arts chain.
    • If that's how it works, is it one turn from the end of the turn or do you have to do it all at once?
    • Or is it only applicable if the card is selected in the 5 random cards in the deck, regardless if you use it or not?
So many questions.
Use the card from the same servant you're using the NP of before the NP card in the same turn for the NP strength and will increase the NP gain of the card, which is useful on turns you don't use the NP.

Last edited:

deanote666

When you get 2 copies of the 5* character, 3 copies of the 4* character, 2 off banner 4* characters, and a single copy of the event 4* CE...

Pejo

Been trying to finish up these limited time quests before I forget, was using some random waveclear servants with MLB Kaleidos. Ibuki's sprite basically engulfs the first slot character. Billion dollar game, please understand. Made me chuckle.
UySTTVA.jpg

Hey The Sum of Zero The Sum of Zero do you play on NA servers? Can you add me if you do? I have a limited time quest to add a friend in the game and I don't think you're already on my FL.

Late starting the event, but this is pretty fun.

I know the pile bunkers you can give the Cons are a reference to Ciel's weapon, but combined with the mecha suits you can choose to give them, I'm more reminded of Armored Core VI lol. If we could name any of the Cons, I'd definitely name one 621 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

deanote666

I went armored spear cons due to resources.

They done us dirty by almost doubling the shop drop requirements after finishing the event in addition to needing more to unlock all of the story.

Still not a single CE drop...

i was waiting for the con to turn evil lol

Not familiar with the other franchise but looks cool.

Witch on the Holy Night is a prequel to Tsukihime, Aozaki Aoko is the MC (if you're ever seen Kara no Kyoukai/Garden of Sinners, she's the sister of Touko. Both also show up in the Fate/EXTRA game)

It's a really good visual novel, and it's out on PS4/Switch/Steam in English. And no branching paths or choices like F/SN or Tsuki, just a straight read from start to finish.

And the soundtrack is great. Aoko's theme especially. Slow start but around 1:20 🔥

Though if you don't want to read the VN, you could wait for ufotable's movie adaptation (will probably be 2 movies), but it's been slow coming

Last edited:
Top Bottom