• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame 5 ESRB Rating Suggests Fan-Service Will Remain Intact

GrayChild

Gold Member
Source:

ESRB has rated the upcoming Fatal Frame 5 for multiple platforms also describing the suggestive content in the game. It is confirmed to release on October 28.

Fatal Frame 5: Maiden of the Black Water is mainly a horror game, but it does offer some fan service with its skimpy costumes. It turns out, this content will remain intact for the re-release of this game on the current-generation consoles and PC.

We do know that the swimsuits costumes are a part of this new release. Here are the confirmed costumes so far.

• Punk Ensemble – Yuri
  • Cutesy Goth Ensemble (Black) – Yuri
  • Swimsuit (Blue) – Yuri
  • Triathlon Suit – Yuri
  • The Tormented – Miu
  • Cutesy Goth Ensemble (White) – Miu
  • Swimsuit (Yellow) – Miu
  • Swimsuit (Pink) – Miu
  • Groom’s Outfit – Ren

ESRB page:

"This is a survival horror game in which players investigate paranormal activities in a mountain setting. Players explore abandoned buildings and dark forests for clues while encountering ghostly apparitions. Players use an old camera (Camera Obscura) to capture ghostly images and to defeat attacking ghosts by taking pictures of them. Some sequences reveal the circumstances leading to the creation of the ghosts: a man hanging himself; a woman impaled with a sword; a man run over by a car; a woman slashing her own throat; a character jumping to her death). A handful of ghosts are depicted with large blood stains on their clothing and bodies; cutscenes also depict large blood-splatter effects, with characters stabbed and impaled. Some female characters are depicted in revealing costumes with deep cleavage (e.g., swimsuits, skin-tight outfits, wet clothing that appears slightly transparent). In one scene, a woman's picture is taken from a first-person perspective; the camera angles become more suggestive (e.g., panning/lingering on breasts), as the scene progress with the character on a bed."

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
New costumes like I wanted...?

tZ4RTQC.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This ain't getting a physical release right?

TastyPastry

honestly maybe it's just me but i thought the zero suit samus costume from the wii u version was the sexiest even though it showed no skin. i will miss that one but still good to see the game won't be censored.

SSfox

I'm def not one of those SJW subhuma/pro censorship and cie, but i'm not a big fan of those kind of fan service tbh, rather have a cool sexy outfit but that fits the tone the game, those kind of generic lingerie, specially in a game like this it's really weird. But whatever, it's cool that the morons cencor people at Sony didn't censor it so people who were looking for it will have it.

Aranea

yeah i remember reading this too. did they change it because people complained?

Zero Suit Samus and Zelda won't be either (maaaaybe in the Switch version). :lollipop_confounded:

Fatal-Frame-Wii-U-Costumes-Vid_10-16-15.jpg

E38MrEZWUAIKzhE.jpg
I can understand the Nintendo costumes are there's some license issues there. For the original bikinis there's no excuse in there though. It's crazy that some developers think that removing features on remastered games will do well. Imo remastered video games should have all of the content that was included on the original game

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Interested in Fatal Frame and hopefully this is just superfluous shit for folks interested in seeing controlled characters in hypersexualized situations.

Japan single handedly saving the industry from the "she/her" danger hair San Francisco/Montreal men.

There's a wide chasm between "she's a 1000-year old dragon, so it's ok if I get a little sweaty down there" and so-called "woke game design" - in fact I would say the overwhelming majority of gamers exists in that chasm.

If people don’t like these so called “fan-service” costumes, I doubt they are mandatory. Just use the defaults. Anything is better then the overdone and boring T-shirt and jeans in literally every game now.

Last edited:

zokie

my first post after a long hiatus

Steam version opens

official wallpaper from KT japan

Last edited:

Barakov

Steam version opens

Happy Dance GIF

killatopak

Gold Member
Was gonna buy it anyway whether it was there or not. Gotta support it so they make a sequel. Already have a Wii U copy and will have 4 copies by October. I'm going all in boys.

Pejo

Steam version opens

Finally. I was getting worried since it's almost October and no store page.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
YES! FINALLY WAIFU HORROR HATH RETURNED TO CONSOLES.

OMG maybe I could get the whole GF experience but WAAIFUUUU!!!!

PS I am actually seriously hyped. I have always loved Project Zero AKA Fatal Frame AKA Project Zero. Waaaifuuuuuuu!
Demon Anime Girl GIF by HIDIVE

Isa

Gold Member
I'm all for Waifu's and Husbando's, and I'll be getting this when it releases. Might even double dip the credit chip to show some love and get some Achievements and mods if that becomes a thing. This is the one FF game I didn't play despite owning a Wii U. Its weird but nice seeing it on other consoles now too, I hope it does well.

Pejo

I don't want to be the downer here, but I think that the original fanservice costumes that the JP version had have been removed/replaced with the other new costumes. There's nothing I can find to explicitly mention that they're gone or in, so I guess we won't know until the 27th, or at least early previews.

Here's an article explaining the new costumes.

Top Bottom