• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry New Dawn - Review Thread

I'm having some fun. But it's so generic. We've been playing the same game over and over. And sometimes it feels like other ubisoft games. Open world, enemy outposts, base building, gathering resourcers, crafting. Division, assassin's creed, watch dogs, ghost recon, all have similar mechanics.

I had the wrong assumption that this would be a looter shooter because of the colored tier weapons. But it's not. You just need the right tier of weapon to kill the same tier enemy more easily. I didn't like it honestly. And the lack of weapon customization is a letdown.
The twins are completely forgetable. The enemies overall are very uninteresting.
I wish they'd went further into the post apocalyptic theme.

crobb991

Banned
hey guys

this is relatively cheap at the moment in my local asda.

is it worth it... ive been working my way through the series during lockdown

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
hey guys

I would take a break if you have already played 5. Then come back after a year and play it.

drganon

hey guys

Its pretty meh to be honest. It's not terrible or anything but didn't hold my interest that much. I ended up giving up about halfway through.

Boss Mog

hey guys

If you liked 5, you will like this one. It's not as long but there's still a good deal to be done.

T-Cake

I played it straight after 5 and thought it was way better. Up there with Far Cry Primal as my favourites in the series.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I definitely wouldn't recommend playing it straight after 5, especially if you've put the effort to spend more time with FC5 to unlock more stuff. It really feels a like an expansion and on top of that it's inferior in many ways (story, antagonists, aesthetic, unnecessary rpg bits, spongy enemies etc.).

Last edited:
Top Bottom