• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6: World Premiere and Cinematic Title Sequence Trailer | Meet Antón Castillo - Giancarlo Esposito Interview

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the world premiere of Far Cry 6, featuring Giancarlo Esposito and set in the war-torn world of Yara.

Paradise has a price, and that price is the people of Yara. Watch the opening cinematic of Far Cry 6 to find your place in the rebellion.

In Far Cry 6, Giancarlo Esposito (“Better Call Saul,” “The Boys,” “The Mandalorian”) plays Antón Castillo, the ruthless dictator of the fictional island nation of Yara. Antón is preparing his son, Diego (played by Anthony Gonzalez of “Coco”), to face the harsh realities of ruling with an iron fist. Find out what makes Antón and Diego tick as Esposito and Gonzalez break down their characters, delve into the father-son dynamic, and share the challenges of bringing their characters to life in a videogame. Far Cry 6 launches on February 18, 2021 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.

Thanks mods for the title change🏆

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
1594567900-screenshot-20200712-173037-instagram.jpg

1594582649-8996-capture-d-ecran.png
1594582649-6869-capture-d-ecran.png
1594582649-9738-capture-d-ecran.png
1594582649-5667-capture-d-ecran.png
1594582649-8482-capture-d-ecran.png
1594582649-8132-capture-d-ecran.png

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Oh... oh now I’m liking those ingame shots... I mean sure it’s Ubisoft so I have to be careful but... hot damn, that looks 🔥🔥🔥

Caio

Can’t wait to see gameplay, anything with Los Polos guy in it is a sure fire win for me. Although the kids skinny jeans are... questionable...

Also, confirmed it’s only 4k on One X and Series X. Weird.

Really ? Do you have a source ? PS5 should be 4K as well, unless the XSX and PS5 have their own versions with much more details, textures details, effects, etc, but only XSX can do it at 4K ? I'm very curious now.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Really ? Do you have a source ? PS5 should be 4K as well, unless the XSX and PS5 have their own versions with much more details, textures details, effects, etc, but only XSX can do it at 4K ? I'm very curious now.

(For some reason the pic wouldn’t upload using the tool here, odd)

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Does is now. Really. That’s what you’re going with. Ok.

Well that part is Xbox marketing and trademark part and has nothing to do with PS5. The PlayStation marketing text/trademarks is also in the text. Xbox adds words like 4K, Smart Delivery and Ultra HD 4K everywhere related to Xbox. Different companies, different marketing approaches with text.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Well that part is Xbox marketing and trademark part and has nothing to do with PS5. The PlayStation marketing text/trademarks is also in the text. Xbox adds words like 4K, Smart Delivery and Ultra HD 4K everywhere related to Xbox. Different companies, different marketing approaches with text.

That shot isn’t from the Xbox site, it’s from Ubisoft direct.

That’s loose mate.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
That shot isn’t from the Xbox site, it’s from Ubisoft direct.

That’s lose mate.

What do you not understand? It only refers to the Xbox console family that One X and XSX will be 4K (look at the logos) and that it will not be 4K on One/S. Again it has nothing to do with Sony's marketing language in the same print.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Honestly just think it's bad wording, lol if the One X can do 4K, so can the PS5.

Not if the PS5 is pushing the same visual fidelity in every other area at the Series X, no. That’s not possible. But it’s possible for the One X to be 4k if it’s just pushing the last gen version in 4k.

This isn’t difficult people lol.

Exit: let me just say that I honestly don’t see how it can’t be 4k on PS5 if they lower some things, but it all depends on what they are actually doing, how far far they are pushing the effects, of theres ray tracing etc. So it’s perfectly possible what I said above is true.

At this stage I’m inclined to go with 4k XSX and a slightly lower res for Ps5, which, to be fair, is the expected result of games next gen anyway. And remember, that’s ok.

Last edited:
I will say... this is is probably some of the best if not the best recently revealed/released CG Trailer I've ever seen. Love the phenomenal acting, voices and animations.

The setting is also fitting in today's political climate. I hated FC5 due to how shitty it played and hoping that won't be the case here. FC Primal, 3 and 4 were far better games.

This game looks promising. Can't wait. Amazing trailer.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Not if the PS5 is pushing the same visual fidelity in every other area at the Series X, no. That’s not possible. But it’s possible for the One X to be 4k if it’s just pushing the last gen version in 4k.

Exit: let me just say that I honestly don’t see how it can’t be 4k on PS5 if they lower some things, but it all depends on what they are actually doing, how far far they are pushing the effects, of theres ray tracing etc. So it’s perfectly possible what I said above is true.

At this stage I’m inclined to go with 4k XSX and a slightly lower res for Ps5, which, to be fair, is the expected result of games next gen anyway. And remember, that’s ok.

you are reading way to much in this....

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
you are reading way to much in this....

Am I though? This is exactly what was expected.

Another theory is that the game has smart delivery on series x and thus updated visuals and settings but the ps5 game is essentially the PS4 pro version, as they have no mandate. If that’s the case, it will be running pro settings and resolutions, which would likely be less than 4k, while the one x last gen would be 4k. It’s clear this game is NOT a next gen game, and does support smart delivery.

But if that’s the case that’s a bad look for the ps5 as it would hit hard on comparisons, so I can’t see that happening.

I think the most likely candidate is that it’s just 1800p or something on PS5, which would stand to reason for it being slightly less powerful. It’s that simple.

It won’t change the game, so people will still get to enjoy Los Polos the video game. Don’t worry about it, resolution and frame rate aren’t important anymore, remember?

Though for me personally I would rather the game dropped res and went full 60, myself.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Meh, Far Cry died for me since after Far Cry 3. I like the songs though

Sounded like a banger to me. Searching for it

3liteDragon

lol I don't think we're seeing any differences in resolution, I think third-party games will run at the same resolution on both the Series X and PS5 with the same level of visual fidelity. We'll see when the comparisons come in anyway. It’s a legal disclaimer from Microsoft, that’s all. You have the Epic Store logo on there (PC) along with the PS5, PS4 and Xbox logos. Judging by that disclaimer, the PC can’t do 4K either, only the One X and Series X can, which is obviously silly. That line is a simple disclaimer from Microsoft. It’s not that hard to understand.

Last edited:

Cock of War

FarCry 3 antagonist - Michael Mando (Better Call Saul)
FarCry 6 antagonist - Giancarlo Esposito (Better Call Saul)
FarCry 9 antagonist - Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul)??? Yes plz 😊

On topic: Looks interesting.

Falc67

Am I though? This is exactly what was expected.

Another theory is that the game has smart delivery on series x and thus updated visuals and settings but the ps5 game is essentially the PS4 pro version, as they have no mandate. If that’s the case, it will be running pro settings and resolutions, which would likely be less than 4k, while the one x last gen would be 4k. It’s clear this game is NOT a next gen game, and does support smart delivery.

But if that’s the case that’s a bad look for the ps5 as it would hit hard on comparisons, so I can’t see that happening.

I think the most likely candidate is that it’s just 1800p or something on PS5, which would stand to reason for it being slightly less powerful. It’s that simple.

It won’t change the game, so people will still get to enjoy Los Polos the video game. Don’t worry about it, resolution and frame rate aren’t important anymore, remember?

Though for me personally I would rather the game dropped res and went full 60, myself.

Lol in what world can a PS5 not run a PS4 pro version at 4K. 🤣🤣🤣

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Lol in what world can a PS5 not run a PS4 pro version at 4K. 🤣🤣🤣

That’s not what I said.

What I said, is it’s possible the game is simply supported on ps5 with no additional enhancements, and is just a BC type deal. In which case if the PS4 pro game isn’t 4k, the PS5 version wouldn’t be.

At this stage, nobody knows. Please try and read.

Edit: if it is 4k then awesome, but really, does it matter? It’s a conversation point. At this stage with no next generation gameplay, it’s hard to even make a guess. But as a cross gen game I can’t see why it wouldn’t be 4k on ps5, unless, as I said, there is no “ps5” version and it’s just the PS4 game in BC, with no additional enhancements. Either is fine.

Last edited:

Droxcy

This guy plays these roles so good. Excited for this one just for him starring in it setting/gameplay will most likely be stale and what we're used to but either way I'll buy it since he's branching out into different mediums!

Far Cry 2 is still one of my favorite games. Everything about it was so good that I couldn't believe how bad FC3 was. Now whenever I see a Far Cry sequel I just shake my head at what could've been.

wipeout364

Ubisoft needs to stop charging so much for their ultimate editions. Watch Dogs ultimate is listed for $160 Canadian so I imagine that is what this will be unless it’s more due to next gen tax.. Crazy that they think their games are worth that. I like Far Cry but that’s such an insulting price point I have stopped buying their games at launch.

Top Bottom