• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 - PS5 Gameplay 4K HDR 60FPS (HD Texture Pack)

The graphics are weak. Looks like a late 360/ps3 game in 4k.

You mean to say it looks like this?

middle-earth-x360-4.png

DonJorginho

Banned
Got a chance to play this game early on the PS5. Here's some info.

- PS5 install size is 42.48 GB in english language
- HD Texture Pack is 26.05 GB
- All together with the ultimate DLC and stuff the total is 68>59 GB as of version 1.000.002
- The game has no modes. Only one. PR mentioned it supports 4K 60FPS.
- Gameplay wise the fps was smooth most of the time, but it does tend to screen tear at times when multiple explosions go off, but during cutscenes it can be inconsistent. Big drops here and there.
- In game HDR settings, can adjust luminoisty and peak HDR brightness, etc.
- Haptics are present. Vibrations, Triggers go wild when shooting, and you can feel the resistance when bullets fly out. When driving or horse riding you can feel the triggers show resistance as well as when climbing.
- A shit ton of accessibility options.
- No FOV slider on the PS5 version. Only on PC
- The big thing about this game is the new resolver weapons, supremo backpack and amigos. So far after 7 hours I got to unlock like 3 backpacks, 5-6 resolver weapons, and 2 amigos.
- Game is quite big. Story wise a friend mentioned if you blitz it can be beat in 20 hours. But doing everything in the world will take a looong time.
- There are coop missions called special ops once you reach one of the big areas after.
- Side missions are called Yaran Stories. Unlocking new amigos, finding eccentric NPCs to interact with, treasure hunts, all that is in there. A ton of them too.
- Along with a multitude of vehicles you can ride, you can now ride horses.
- My favourite new gameplay feature is the cockfighting. You can collect multiple new roosters and cockfight against others. CPU and Human. Gameplay is similar to fighting games like Tekken, but more basic lol.
- Basic attack, ranged attack, jump attack, dodge, and a super move. It's hilarious.
- I don't have much else to add since the PC Preview event.
- It's Far Cry, but more polished and fun new weapons to mess around with.
- I'm enjoying it a lot. That's all I have to say. If you expected anything other than Far Cry, well not sure what to say lmao.
- There is an in game photo mode that can be accessed by the options menu.
- One huge thing I wanted to mention is no option to save manually in this game. Only checkpoints and auto saves. If you mess up you can reload autosave. Stupidest thing I've seen all year.
- How tf do you make a game and forget to add the option to save manually...... wow.

If there's new stuff I encounter, I will add it. Cheers

PS5 4K HDR 60FPS Gameplay (HD Texture Pack)

Cockfighting Gameplay:

Where do you access the HD Texture Pack bud?

DonJorginho

Banned
I just got my downloaded on ps5, no HD pack available. Are we sure that the HDpack isn't just for the Ps4 Pro-version of it?
It's for PS5, PC and XSX/XSS only.

Look in the guy's video you can see he has it in the manage game content section and it's under as PS5 content.

rubhen925 rubhen925 whenever you can clarify man I'd appreciate it, I would guess it will come out when the game is on preload or when it officially releases PS5 wise.

Riky

$MSFT
Pre ordered the Gold Edition for Xbox, I quite enjoy these games and running Far Cry 4 and 5 at 60fps has really changed the experience for me.
Looking forward to it

GymWolf

Screen tearing , mind u it is ubisoft , im starting to think now my ps5 for ps5 exclusives, xbox series x playing retro and my pc for everything multiplat, hate screen tearing in games
Yeah, pc for everything and consoles for exclusives is the way to go unless your pc sucks major asses.

JediMind

Neo Member
It's for PS5, PC and XSX/XSS only.

Look in the guy's video you can see he has it in the manage game content section and it's under as PS5 content.

rubhen925 rubhen925 whenever you can clarify man I'd appreciate it, I would guess it will come out when the game is on preload or when it officially releases PS5 wise.
True.

So, how to get the frikkin pack guys?

Azurro

Banned
I don't know why I find this spanish/english mix irritating. Just feels fake, especially because the main character sounds like a danger hair girl that swaps in a latina girl when she needs to call the dog. Just stick with english with spanish accent.

Kuranghi

Looks like playing this on PC is just a bad idea right now, definitely going PS5 now:

Far Cry 4 had the stuttering issues at launch but in fairness if was a really big fidelity jump from FC3, it made great use of HBAO+ iirc so I put up with it. It was kinda fixed later as well.

Then with FC5 I just went with console since I had just gotten my PS4 Pro but I recently started a replay of FC5 on PC and its absolutely awful, it has terrible loading stutter when travelling across the map and not just in vehicles, even running really fast causes it.

That was all at 4K30, if I went down to 1440p30 it was still doing it and forget running the game at properly locked 60fps without constant frametime spikes or a stupidly large GPU overhead. Even with external tools (which ofc shouldn't be needed) I couldn't even get it to run at 1080p60 without a constant microstutter. I gave up because the game just feels so awful to play at 30hz without the low-lag v-sync consoles use and that wasn't an option on PC due to the frametime spikes which will cause tearing when using driver-based adaptive sync or RTSS scanline-sync.

I thought maybe they'd fix it for 6 but its somehow even worse now it sounds :rolleyes: so PS5 it is.

I wonder what res consoles are running at to get this "mostly locked 60" in gameplay, I bet its stupidly low at points unless they did some voodoo on the console versions:

Last edited:

saintjules

Looks like the HD Texture Pack is a myth. No one knows how to get it lol

It's probably similar like they did with COD Cold War. There's a pencil next to the game and you can choose to install/uninstall stuff from the game. Or maybe there will be an in-game option to do it as well.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Some of my videos and pics @ max settings and ray tracing. Looks amazing so far: https://www.pcmrace.com/2021/10/04/...os-de-far-cry-6-en-4k-con-detalles-al-maximo/

Thanks for sharing. Looks very, very good. Ray tracing helps to elevate this game from last-gen looking to something that actually is pleasing to the eye. What FOV settings are you using? Seems a little bit narrow.

The PS5 footage posted by the OP is so claustrophobic, I personally couldn't play like that.

I don't want to spoil the game for me but from what I've seen it seems like more of the same old formula from Far Cry 5. Which isn't a bad thing. My personal favourite entry in the franchise is 2 but I know this kind of game simply will never be made again by Ubisoft. That ship has sailed long time ago...

Venza

Banned
The gunplay and dumb ai still has not been improved so its a pass for me. I'm also tired of open world enemy camp games.

Looks like playing this on PC is just a bad idea right now, definitely going PS5 now:

Far Cry 4 had the stuttering issues at launch but in fairness if was a really big fidelity jump from FC3, it made great use of HBAO+ iirc so I put up with it. It was kinda fixed later as well.

Then with FC5 I just went with console since I had just gotten my PS4 Pro but I recently started a replay of FC5 on PC and its absolutely awful, it has terrible loading stutter when travelling across the map and not just in vehicles, even running really fast causes it.

That was all at 4K30, if I went down to 1440p30 it was still doing it and forget running the game at properly locked 60fps without constant frametime spikes or a stupidly large GPU overhead. Even with external tools (which ofc shouldn't be needed) I couldn't even get it to run at 1080p60 without a constant microstutter. I gave up because the game just feels so awful to play at 30hz without the low-lag v-sync consoles use and that wasn't an option on PC due to the frametime spikes which will cause tearing when using driver-based adaptive sync or RTSS scanline-sync.

I thought maybe they'd fix it for 6 but its somehow even worse now it sounds :rolleyes: so PS5 it is.

I wonder what res consoles are running at to get this "mostly locked 60" in gameplay, I bet its stupidly low at points unless they did some voodoo on the console versions:

This needs context. Specs? FC5 runs beautifully (and is STILL beautiful to this day) running on mid-high to high end hardware around 4k at 60fps. Very few stutters.

Last edited:
No suprise. It's Ubisoft.
What a fuckstoopid comment. I guess the last 3 AC games looks like dogshit then? That's funny, because I remember them looking pretty good. I could care less about another Rockstar game that's a fucking chore to play and controls like ass with over-long animations and dogshit controls from 2005.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Ubisoft games seem to always be fucked on PC at the beginning.

Tempted to get this on series x thanks to the vrr. Really enjoyed 5 for mindless shit.

Is it co op campaign and when do the reviews drop?

Md Ray

What a fuckstoopid comment. I guess the last 3 AC games looks like dogshit then? That's funny, because I remember them looking pretty good. I could care less about another Rockstar game that's a fucking chore to play and controls like ass with over-long animations and dogshit controls from 2005.
What a fuckstoopid comparison. AC games? Isn't this a FC thread? FC have always used a different engine to AC games, and Ubi games have always looked like dogshit compared to R* Games.

Top Bottom