• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 - PS5 Gameplay 4K HDR 60FPS (HD Texture Pack)

rubhen925

Got a chance to play this game early on the PS5. Here's some info.

- PS5 install size is 42.48 GB in english language
- HD Texture Pack is 26.05 GB
- All together with the ultimate DLC and stuff the total is 68>59 GB as of version 1.000.002
- The game has no modes. Only one. PR mentioned it supports 4K 60FPS.
- Gameplay wise the fps was smooth most of the time, but it does tend to screen tear at times when multiple explosions go off, but during cutscenes it can be inconsistent. Big drops here and there.
- In game HDR settings, can adjust luminoisty and peak HDR brightness, etc.
- Haptics are present. Vibrations, Triggers go wild when shooting, and you can feel the resistance when bullets fly out. When driving or horse riding you can feel the triggers show resistance as well as when climbing.
- A shit ton of accessibility options.
- No FOV slider on the PS5 version. Only on PC
- The big thing about this game is the new resolver weapons, supremo backpack and amigos. So far after 7 hours I got to unlock like 3 backpacks, 5-6 resolver weapons, and 2 amigos.
- Game is quite big. Story wise a friend mentioned if you blitz it can be beat in 20 hours. But doing everything in the world will take a looong time.
- There are coop missions called special ops once you reach one of the big areas after.
- Side missions are called Yaran Stories. Unlocking new amigos, finding eccentric NPCs to interact with, treasure hunts, all that is in there. A ton of them too.
- Along with a multitude of vehicles you can ride, you can now ride horses.
- My favourite new gameplay feature is the cockfighting. You can collect multiple new roosters and cockfight against others. CPU and Human. Gameplay is similar to fighting games like Tekken, but more basic lol.
- Basic attack, ranged attack, jump attack, dodge, and a super move. It's hilarious.
- I don't have much else to add since the PC Preview event.
- It's Far Cry, but more polished and fun new weapons to mess around with.
- I'm enjoying it a lot. That's all I have to say. If you expected anything other than Far Cry, well not sure what to say lmao.
- There is an in game photo mode that can be accessed by the options menu.
- One huge thing I wanted to mention is no option to save manually in this game. Only checkpoints and auto saves. If you mess up you can reload autosave. Stupidest thing I've seen all year.
- How tf do you make a game and forget to add the option to save manually...... wow.

If there's new stuff I encounter, I will add it. Cheers

PS5 4K HDR 60FPS Gameplay (HD Texture Pack)

Cockfighting Gameplay:

Last edited:

GymWolf

I kinda already know the answer but is the shooting exactly the same as fc5? Like same animations, hit reactions, absence of gore etc.?!

Last edited:

rubhen925

I kinda already know the answer but is the shooting exactly the same as fc5? Like same animations, hit reactiojs, absence of gore etc.?!
Mostly the same. I haven't played 5 in years, but it does feel smoother. In terms of gore, when the bullets hit enemies, some splats of blood come out of them, especially on headshots. Helmets pop up with huge spurts of blood, But that's about it. It's kind of the same.

GymWolf

Mostly the same. I haven't played 5 in years, but it does feel smoother. In terms of gore, when the bullets hit enemies, some splats of blood come out of them, especially on headshots. Helmets pop up with huge spurts of blood, But that's about it. It's kind of the same.
Thanks buddy.

thatJohann

Will check this out on XSX on Dolby Vision (when it's on sale). Not in the mood for all the Ubisoft open world BLOAT at the moment.

xion4360

nice foxtail palms...coconuts still dont look right..NFS Heat did them pretty well though.

I dont know if this one looks any more interesting to me but I might play it at some point.

mansoor1980

screen tearing aplenty
ok-black-guy-gif-2.gif

Kuranghi

im not seeing it.

Its in the top right as he drives by the pole, super quick and not worth worrying about, it looks like barely a few frames. I'm a massive pedant about tearing and stuttering and I had to watch the clip 3 times to spot it and even then you really need to watch it at 1/4 speed for it be really obvious. Thats not something I'd notice in the thick of it I don't think.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cockfighting is in the game. wtf? lol

In the other video I like how the driver is zipping around but the straw hat never moves.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
in my head this still looks like 360 game but 4k and better textures
Yeah, the game looks way worse than Far Cry 5. The lighting especially. I only played FC5 for a little bit but the lighting was beautiful and vibrant. Especially in the native 4k x1x version.

Alebrije

Is this game cross gen? Because if its only current gen looks like a lazy work from Bugisoft

The game should be fun but worth 20-30 bucks as much...will wait for the obligated discount by 2022

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the compression, but the road textures are ugly AF.

Other than that, looks and plays like Far Cry alright.

I was pretty on board after the recent trailer, but this.....this makes me feel like I'm going to wait and see how things play out.

Question: are the healing animations from Far Cry 2 in there, or it's just the PG-13 versions from Far Cry 5?

Didn't watch the video very long, so apologies if it is shown and I just missed it.

iHaunter

Screen tearing... in 2021... such a shame 🙁

Right after he hits the guard rail and tries to drive away, the screen tears.

Ubisoft's engines suck. They've always had this problem. I swear they're pulling a Bethesda and using the same 2003 engine with small upgrades to it.

Top Bottom