• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Trailers: Feb 27, full 2 player co-op, custom lead, map editor, more info

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Everything looks fucking amazing.Apart from planes can you pilot helicopters?

The special edition bonuses seem to imply so.

deluxe-edition-far-cry.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm very glad there's campaign co-op. One of my mates developed quite the soft spot for the franchise after he upgraded his PC in late 2015; it'll be good to finally romp through a campaign together.

Ac30

They shouldn't change anything. The press they are getting already is great. Some people are going to be pissed off and offended, then buy the game to fuel their fire. lol.

Hell if this pisses them off I'm even more inclined to buy it lmao

^ i likey

Or:

Far Cry 5 |OT| Thought we left the snowflakes behind in Kyrat

You see how American politics are how they are when you have idiots looking at white religious extremists as "average Americans." If you changed the skin colors of the antagonists, these same people would be relishing the opportunity to gun them down.

This is the first Far Cry game I've been excited for since 3. Bummed it's not coming out this year though.

I'm surprised that this is considered a big deal by some. I though it was a old trope to have Christian zealots in media like games and movies.

Could be because the political environment, but still it is a fairly old concept.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Far Cry 5 |OT| Fake Games

Far Cry 5 |OT| But...Emails

Far Cry 5 |OT| Alternative Cries

Far Cry 5 |OT| Alt Right, Alt Right, Alt Rightttt

Far Cry 5 |OT| Small Hands Edition

TissueBox

It looks alright but I'm going to keep the jury way out until I play halfway through and feel a genuinely cohesive narrative weight. I appreciate they're not going all bottoms up with the hype yet though. Just show glimpses and let it speak for itself. But boy is it a similar-looking formula.

BBboy20

We probably wouldn't had high expectations if white supremacy didn't have a victorious platform that makes their existence feel validated.

But ultranationalism is sweeping the world and it needs to be fought in all sorts of ways. This game could be or could have been an oppritunity to do just that.

I'm loving those npc trailers, I have my doubts in ubi being able to deliver on them in game tho, don't want another situation like that crazy guy from FC3 that is absolutely wasted.

I played FC3, 4, and Primal. Enjoyed them all gameplay-wise, the stories were quite meh tho. At least this has the potential to have a good story. I'm sure the gameplay will be worth it, especially with the 2-player co-op for the entire story. I'm in for that alone.

jdstorm

Banned
More OT suggestions

Far Cry 5 |OT| Outwitt, Out Play, Out Gun
Far Cry 5 |OT| Yippie Ki-yay
Mother*****
Far Cry 5 |OT| From my cold dead hands
Far Cry 5 |OT|

Syncytia

I played FC3, 4, and Primal. Enjoyed them all gameplay-wise, the stories were quite meh tho. At least this has the potential to have a good story. I'm sure the gameplay will be worth it, especially with the 2-player co-op for the entire story. I'm in for that alone.

I have a hard time wanting to get Primal until it gets a lot cheaper, but I'm in for the co-op as well. Any game that has co-op will get a closer look from me. My only problem with FC4 was that I got kind of bored around when I unlocked the second area and finishing the game was a bit of a slog.

MikeDown

Banned
Really hoping this game dives deep into the religious, political, sociological and economic themes & conditions that exist in red states, though judging by the trailers I fear that it will be surface level only. :/ With that said looking forward to the coop and soundtrack, hopefully the score is similar to that of Firewatch, really enjoyed that.

I'm willing to bet the gameplay will be the same Ubisoft Open World Formula(tm) we've been seeing since FC3, but the setting will make it all better hopefully.

ZeroX03

Banned
Trailer didn't do it for me at all. Setting isn't appealing. I'm not opposed to killing hillbillies, but beards everywhere is just a gross aesthetic. Customizable protagonist means I've got no faith in the story (not that I cared from previous FC titles but yeah). Shame after I enjoyed the past two.

Top Bottom