• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Trailers: Feb 27, full 2 player co-op, custom lead, map editor, more info

blakep267

Still interested but it wasn't a good trailer. Just clips of random stuff happening and no focus.

Also Ubi will continue to rule that Q1 release window

So in Far Cry games you're normally in a lawless country/environment, embroiled in some kind of conflict where running around shooting people could be understandable. I'm not sure I can see myself buying that scenario in modern day USA, unless they frame it around the backdrop of a civil war or something?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Over 50 posts and no Switch port-begging.

I am genuinely surprised.

NeoRaider

Screenshots:

FC5_Announce_Fishing_1495742792.jpg

GFH_1080p_ESRB_GOLD_1495792039.jpg

FC5_Announce_Vista_1495742794.jpg

FC5_Announce_Plane_1495742793.jpg

FC5_Announce_Bull_1495742790.jpg

First screen is ok. The rest looks rough and LQ.

0racle

It's essential March 2018. And right around RDR2. Very bad timing and I bet they initially tried to avoid that before knowing about the delay.

Not enough to see to call it good or bad. However the subject matter makes me wish we were getting a AAA game from Ken Levine. His Bioshock games seemed to be a half-step ahead of right wing America. First the rise of Objectivism, then outright racism. Wonder what old Ken would cook up in todays climate.

bud23

I wonder how many times have these guys re watched the GTA V trailers

That was, no doubt, an iconic announcement

It looks promising anyway

Alienfan

Not enough to see to call it good or bad. However the subject matter makes me wish we were getting a AAA game from Ken Levine. His Bioshock games seemed to be a half-step ahead of right wing America. First the rise of Objectivism, then outright racism. Wonder what old Ken would cook up in todays climate.

Hopefully we'll see what he's been cooking up soon

Pagusas

Elden Member
Looks awesome, exactly what I was hoping for so far.

Lets hope:

1. Its huge, GTA5 felt small when you flew a fast plane, lets hope their is more wilderness here to actually enjoy flying around.

2. The vehicle controls get a full rework, Far Cry vehcials SUCK.

3. The protagonist keeps his/her mouth shut, I hate voiced protagonist, keep us silent.

4. The story is decent but stays out of the way of the gameplay, nothing worse than constant cut scenes interrupting the action. 100% commit to the Half Life model of no cutscenes.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So why's this controversial?

It's seemingly about a violent Christian cult running a small town in modern USA, that's gonna piss people off. Thankfully the kind of people that would be offended by this are probably total bellends, so who cares.

mindsale

I know this won't be deftly written. I know it will be reductive and condescending and will stir controversy.

Don't care. Day one. Looks awesome.

Top Bottom